• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 14: Sharks vs. Stormers (27/05/2017)

Very good win against an indirect rival. On the one hand it's a shame that the Lions are doing so well because they are depriving a good Sharks team of home ground advantage in the playoff on the other side it's probably the best thing for SA that our best team will get home ground adv. until the final at the very least.

Sharks now has to battle it out with the Chiefs for home ground advantage. We are 3 points behind them. Sharks needs to beat the Bulls and Lions in their remaining games if we have any chance to overtake the Chiefs for fifth. But if we see by the final week that a Lions win over the Sharks will guarantee them a home final then I would have no problem if my team loses. Not intentionally.

Loving Sbu Nkosi. Agree with @Durbanite about DDA. I hate it when they pick these off form players. It's not like he has a brilliant reputation that they ignore form. The Sharks line out dominated the two locks in the Stormers who will be starting for the Springboks against France. This is worrying.

Sharks are still getting wins when they play tougher opponents.

What are you guys on about? The Sharks' only hope for home advantage is to top their conference! There are 4 conferences and the top teams in each get home advantage for the QF. Remember us and the Brumbies get free passes. Sharks fans should also not get too far ahead of themselves. This was Durbs and on the season as a whole I don't doubt we'd be looking a lot more handy on the log too if we weren't having to face NZ sides.

Thank goodness for better or worse we are done with this format at season's end.

Latest posts