• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] SF2: Lions vs. Hurricanes (29/07/2017)

And typical NZ graceless losers. The nerve to call other nations cheaters as well. Mind blown.

It's mind blowing you actually denying it when we have witnessed it in every game in South Africa this season.

Honestly, stop denying the complete and utter blatantly obvious truth.

Hurricanes forward pack were outmuscled and just couldn't put a stop to Lions momentum. Get over it. Stormers weren't allowed into the game last week due to the Chiefs having a free pass at the ruck. Noone likes the format the way it is. Do you think Lions fans would rather see the Rebels and Force at Jo'Burg than the Blues and Highlanders? Get real. Its changing next year. Relax.

Hurricanes forward pack were outmuscled and just couldn't put a stop to Lions momentum. Get over it. Stormers weren't allowed into the game last week due to the Chiefs having a free pass at the ruck. Noone likes the format the way it is. Do you think Lions fans would rather see the Rebels and Force at Jo'Burg than the Blues and Highlanders? Get real. Its changing next year. Relax.

Don't worry about it, just the typical NZ reaction when they lose a big game.

Were you comfortable the key calls made today were correct?
Not at all but nothing huge, nothing new and nothing we havn't been on the recieveing end of. I'd like to use the old NZ addage and say nothing that influenced the outcome. I'm sure that's going to be infuriating as I've had to deal wit it myself every other week. That's my point. No need to go OTT.

I don't mind seeing a team losing fairly, but I'm sick of watching games in South Africa where the officials are blatantly cheating and being biased, it makes the whole experience of watching this crappy formatted competition even worse.

We all know the SA officials when you go to SA are ridiculously bias and we all know this stupid competition just caters to SA and getting them play off spots and a home final/champion.. You have to be purposefully blind to not acknowledge those truths..

Don't worry about it, just the typical NZ reaction when they lose a big game.
A number of calls today were "iffy". The knock-on pre try, the grounding of the try beforehand (watching on my phone but it certainly didn't look clear), the yellow card all contentious, wouldn't you agree?

Not at all but nothing huge, nothing new and nothing we havn't been on the recieveing end of. I'd like to use the old NZ addage and say nothing that influenced the outcome. I'm sure that's going to be infuriating as I've had to deal wit it myself every other week. That's my point. No need to go OTT.
We can agree to disagree then. Particularly regarding the yellow card for BB and the knock on before the try to go 10 clear. As I said above though some great fight was shown by the Lions to get back into it.

A number of calls today were "iffy". The knock-on pre try, the grounding of the try beforehand (watching on my phone but it certainly didn't look clear), the yellow card all contentious, wouldn't you agree?
All 50/50 at best.

Congrats to the Lions for a great comeback regardless of the bias officials.

Anyhow, this competition is dogshit, looking forward to them tearing it u and getting it back on track.

Congrats SANZAR you finally succeeded in getting a SA final. Spend that extra 5 dollars of a new format you incompetent asshats.

The latter 2 can be argued to the death, I'd acknowledge that. Personally Barrett was a penalty for me. The thing I don't know how you can argue is that knock on....it was obvious. His hand hit it, it went forward (hand separated) and he regathered. Then the TMO had the audacity to say no compelling evidence. I mean it certainly can't have gone back....

No denying Lions played the better 2nd but I guess a yellow etc. you'd expect that. Take the controversial calls out and I reckon you still have a game the Lions may have won so yeah dunno why the Canes didn't sew that up. Guess the travel and altitude may be variables but well done for the Lions for not conceding at HT.

On a competition point of view, of course we have the Saders having to travel to SA for a final. The media have more to talk about for another week. Some would say it's a scripted outcome for farcical format. There'd be less talk about the format if the Lions were knocked out last week and we had a guaranteed NZ home final and both NZ semis. So I guess we're all winners by there being more of a shitstorm about the format.

Beauden's sanction should never have been a yellow card. Just penalty. Despite that call, Jaco officiated well today.

The conference system, however, is ridiculous.

Well played Lions, if we're not counting the Canes poor fitness due to the trip and altitude, that was your best performance until now.

I'll still be supporting the Saders next week though.

Now that I've cooled down a bit...

We should've put the game away when we had the chance. We butchered at least 3 tries in that 1st half and were all over them. We should've led by at least 20-30, but we weren't clinical enough and only led by 12.

As for the 2nd half, well.... everything went wrong for us. Not gonna blame the officials because we were well outplayed in that half, but some of those calls were very debatable and could definitely have changed the outcome of the match.
Regardless though, the Lions put on the power and we didn't step up like we should've.

No point even mentioning the conference system, we all know and have known all year how bs it is.

So the final's in Joburg?
How is the venue for the final decided?