• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Champions Cup] Quarter Final : Leinster v Saracens (01/04/2018)

SO'B and Ruddock may be fit, I wouldn't throw Ruddock in cold though.

1. Healy 2. Cronin 3. Furlong 4. Toner 5. Fardy 6. Leavy 7. SOB/Murphy 8. Conan 9. McGrath 10. Sexton 11. Lowe 12. Nacewa 13. Ringrose 14. Daly 15. Kearney
16. Byrne 17. McGrath 18. Porter 19. Ryan 20. Murphy/Deegan 21. McCarthy 22. Carbery 23. Byrne

I think that's what we'll see, been three months since anything close to that has played but I reckon we're the safest home bet this week after Scarlets this week based on the good form of all the away sides.

SO'B and Ruddock may be fit, I wouldn't throw Ruddock in cold though.

1. Healy 2. Cronin 3. Furlong 4. Toner 5. Fardy 6. Leavy 7. SOB/Murphy 8. Conan 9. McGrath 10. Sexton 11. Lowe 12. Nacewa 13. Ringrose 14. Daly 15. Kearney
16. Byrne 17. McGrath 18. Porter 19. Ryan 20. Murphy/Deegan 21. McCarthy 22. Carbery 23. Byrne

I think that's what we'll see, been three months since anything close to that has played but I reckon we're the safest home bet this week after Scarlets this week based on the good form of all the away sides.

I wouldn't throw O'Brien in cold either. He's rushed back too frequently, and often ends up going off injured within 20 minutes of his return game. If they're not sure of his fitness then he should sit this one out. Leavy, Murphy and Conan is a formidable back row without him.

I'm not as confident that Leinster will win this match as I was a month ago. I don't think home advantage will mean as much in this year's quarter finals as it has in previous years. Fingers crossed Leinster get it done, I'd put them at slight favourites, but wouldn't be surprised if Saracens edge it on the day.

I wouldn't throw O'Brien in cold either. He's rushed back too frequently, and often ends up going off injured within 20 minutes of his return game. If they're not sure of his fitness then he should sit this one out. Leavy, Murphy and Conan is a formidable back row without him.

I'm not as confident that Leinster will win this match as I was a month ago. I don't think home advantage will mean as much in this year's quarter finals as it has in previous years. Fingers crossed Leinster get it done, I'd put them at slight favourites, but wouldn't be surprised if Saracens edge it on the day.
SOB played three weeks ago, having been eased in and was off after 30mins. Its a bit of a myth that he's rushed back, along with Sexton and Best he's the most looked after player in the country, he is just made of glass and needs to get lucky to play some rugby. I always feel bad for SOB, he missed the NZ win, the grand slam and, I think, another 6n on top of that with injury, his best from has been his two Lions tours and I reckon he'd swap both for Chicago and the 6n just passed.

Kruis and Farrell look doubtful for Sarries, I definitely think the away wins are more likely to come elsewhere, Leinster have been unplayable in this tournament thus far and Sarries have been grinding all season with a varying degree of success.

Odds on a Scott Fardy, Dan Leavy, Jordi Murphy backrow? James Ryan partners Devin Toner in the second row. Sean O'Brien and Rhys Ruddock or Jack Conan on the bench.

I am very nervous about this game. I don't know whats happened to me this season, last year I was quietly confident going into every Ireland and Leinster game, and this season I'm sure we'll lose before each one!!

http://bit.ly/2GjZzun

Barry Daly and Bryan Byrne have been named in Leinster's A team which obviously means they won't be playing in this. I'm a but surprised by this especially Daly in Daly's case and Byrne was in much better form than the other backup hookers.

With this in mind we're probably looking at something like: Kearney, A.Byrne, Ringrose, Nacewa, Lowe, Sexton, McGrath, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Toner, Fardy/Ryan, Fardy/6,7,8*.
Subs: Tracy, McGrath, Porter, Ryan/Backrow, Backrow*, McCarthy, Carbery, O'Loughlin.

Very ropey on the wide defence with those wings. Ringrose and Kearney will need to be very on the ball to stop them getting caught out. I'm a LOT more nervous about this game than I was a month ago but Sarries injury list is looking pretty bad as well so we really should win this at home.

http://bit.ly/2GjZzun

Barry Daly and Bryan Byrne have been named in Leinster's A team which obviously means they won't be playing in this. I'm a but surprised by this especially Daly in Daly's case and Byrne was in much better form than the other backup hookers.

With this in mind we're probably looking at something like: Kearney, A.Byrne, Ringrose, Nacewa, Lowe, Sexton, McGrath, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Toner, Fardy/Ryan, Fardy/6,7,8*.
Subs: Tracy, McGrath, Porter, Ryan/Backrow, Backrow*, McCarthy, Carbery, O'Loughlin.

Very ropey on the wide defence with those wings. Ringrose and Kearney will need to be very on the ball to stop them getting caught out. I'm a LOT more nervous about this game than I was a month ago but Sarries injury list is looking pretty bad as well so we really should win this at home.

Is McFadden injured? If not I'd expect him in over Byrne

He went off for a HIA last week and didn't come back on so I'd assume he can't play. He'd definitely be ahead of Byrne though yes.
Had forgotten that, clearly the process of wiping the Ospreys game from my head is working!

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (193)
14. Fergus McFadden (166)
13. Garry Ringrose (45)
12. Isa Nacewa (180) CAPTAIN
11. James Lowe (8)
10. Johnny Sexton (144)
9. Luke McGrath (91)
1. Cian Healy (184)
2. Seán Cronin (147)
3. Tadhg Furlong (78)
4. Devin Toner (211)
5. James Ryan (10)
6. Scott Fardy (17)
7. Dan Leavy (49)
8. Jordi Murphy (101)

16. James Tracy (58)
17. Jack McGrath (126)
18. Andrew Porter (23)
19. Rhys Ruddock (139)
20. Max Deegan (16)
21. Nick McCarthy (21)
22. Joey Carbery (31)
23. Rory O'Loughlin (37)

Referee: Jérome Garcés

Saracens
15. Alex Goode; 14. Liam Williams, 13. Marcelo Bosch, 12. Brad Barritt, 11. Sean Maitland; 10. Owen Farrell, 9. Richard Wigglesworth; 1. Mako Vunipola, 2. Jamie George, 3. Juan Figallo, 4. Maro Itoje, 5. George Kruis, 6. Nick Isiekwe, 7. Schalk Burger, 8. Jackson Wray
16. Schalk Brits, 17. Richard Barrington, 18. ***i Lamositele, 19. Dom Day, 20. Blair Cowan, 21. Ben Spencer, 22. Alex Lozowski, 23. Chris Wyles

That's a good team for Leinster. I'd be a little worried about Lowe defending their wings, and Jordi Murphy at 8, but overall it's very strong. Hope Ruddock has a big impact when he gets on.

Big shame Billy Vunipola is out, not sure about isiekwe at 6? He might have played there this year and I hadn't noticed. I wouldn't be too scared of Saracens this weekend. Not been at their best, and I think Leinster's backrow will have this easy. Hopefully not of course.

Yeah the likes of Vunipola and O'Brien would add to the occasion but they're serious 15's on both sides.

That feeling when you want Leinster to win but chatted so much **** about Lancaster you also want them to crumble.

Williams isn't very good at tackling or defending in general is he...

Latest posts