• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 2: Argentina v South Africa (25/08/2018)

come on man it was more than that. lots of the pumas players did good, figallo and creevy, petti, matera delguy and even bonfelli did good jobs
lavanini moyano and moroni had goods and not so goods but did well,
nobody is sayng that argentina has improved. we did a decent match in SA We where wining thou the fist halve. before chocking in the second.
and we did it again in mendoza. its true that SA under performed but so they did in Sa last week. the differece was that this time los pumas where able to actualy score out of those mistakes. where we lately faild.
that is what it takes to beat SA a good day for us and a bad game for them. just remember that foward pass it was cm from a try that could have chaneged the result.
it didnt happen.
lets remember that all SA super rugby teams lost this season in bs as and then this win will come as no surprise.
what i mean is that loosing an away game to los pumas doesent sink the springbocks in shame or great crisis. i wont be surprised if they beat the AB at home. and predict wins over australia.

We did play better for sure but that much better?? You said it, we were 2 forward pass away from a different match. SA made unforced mistakes they dont usually do. I got this felling i cant shake that we are not going forward.

On Sanchez....he is the compass of the team. Without him is gonna be real hard to impose our game.

Etzebeth, as great as he was last week, was the biggest let-down form me this week. How can you go from playing so great the one week, to being so crap the following week? That's not a form issue, that's an attitude issue.
I noticed that too as I look at for Etzebeth in particular when watching the Boks. Don't worry, he'll play good when he plays us (the punk) :)

lol didnt Coetzee's team beat Argentina in Argentina last year?

oh yes sorry I forgot, that was with Jake White's team... this was Coetzee's team who lost...

no wait...

We did play better for sure but that much better?? You said it, we were 2 forward pass away from a different match. SA made unforced mistakes they dont usually do. I got this felling i cant shake that we are not going forward.

On Sanchez....he is the compass of the team. Without him is gonna be real hard to impose our game.

don't get me wrong I just said it wasn't Sanchez alone! of course he was the mvp maybe with delguy. didn't mention him cos you already did.
about the game I wasn't so clear. I ment that both games where similar. and in both we showed improvement. the second test we managed to get the win let's call it home adv. don't think that the June tests showed who we are. and this is more like it.
the main change IMO was to return to a simpler rugby more in coincidence with our strengths. they where risking the ball AlL the time pointlessly until ledesma came in. it stoped right there!
with a less desesperated game plan it started to work. in the first test we didn't even have the ball. but with order and common sense + bokks mistakes we scored 3 tries.
second test we got some clean ball.. this is what we been lacking, common sense. now we got it back.

everyone goes on about WBs have to be strong for the good of SH rugby, but imo its Boks that have to be strong. and its Boks that are still considered the litmus test for kiwi players.
cant believe Etzebeth had a bad game. I've never seen him have a bad game. that to me is more telling than all the backs screwing up. if Etzebeth is playing bad then i dont think the forwards as a pack are going to very effective

everyone goes on about WBs have to be strong for the good of SH rugby, but imo its Boks that have to be strong. and its Boks that are still considered the litmus test for kiwi players.
cant believe Etzebeth had a bad game. I've never seen him have a bad game. that to me is more telling than all the backs screwing up. if Etzebeth is playing bad then i dont think the forwards as a pack are going to very effective

Everyone has a bad game. Etzebeth have had some bad performances in the past though, but not as notably as this last match. But also it was only his second game after being injured for over 9 months, so maybe it was just his match fitness that was getting to him.

But with that said, I expect a few changes for the Wallabies and All Blacks. Duane Vermeulen has been recalled as Whiteley was yet again unimpressive at test level. I also expect guys like RG Snyman, Marco van Staden and Damian Willemse to feature a lot more.

But for me it's more about tactics than anything else. In the first test we played a lot wider and used the backline more, and in the second test we were a lot more forwards orientated with pods running off 9.

To me there needs to be more balance between the 2 and should be varied. We became way too predictable in the second test.

Will be good to see Thor play the ABs, but in the mean time looking forward to Wallabies v Springboks after their two draws last year.

Latest posts