Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 19:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Last edited:
After England's disappointing tour of SA I'm really pleased SR is back. My predictions for this week:

- Reds
- Waratahs
- Highlanders
- Hurricanes
- Bulls
- Sharks
- Jaguares

blues
rebels
landers
canes
bulls
lions
jaguares

god knows whats going to happen with the Landers v chiefs

I am terrified to be honest. Unlike the rest of the teams Jaguares = Pumas, so i'm afraid what's happened to them during the june window will inevitably somehow transfer itself to our SR franchise. Hope Ledesma has the cure for that.

Unlike the rest of the teams Jaguares = Pumas, so i'm afraid what's happened to them during the june window will inevitably somehow transfer itself to our SR franchise.
Sunwolves = Brave Blossoms with only 3 or 4 changes. And they just lost to Italy!

Though no one has any expectations of them any more, to be fair.

It's not about expectations. It is impossible for them to qualify. We have a shot.

The Sharks came close to beating the Lions in Joburg in the opening round. Now we play at home and there are a number of factors in our favour.
1. We would have been boosted by the fact that 11 of our players were involved with the Springboks over the June Internationals, more than any other franchise.
2. The Lions would be hurting that they have been largely overlooked by the Springboks despite being on top of the SA log
3. The time the Sharks players spent during the international break, working with Nienaber and Erasmus with high intensity international training would have benefited them much more than the Lions
4. We are playing at home, and the Durban Humidity is a thing of the past at this point of the year. It will be an entertaining game to watch.
5. The Sharks need to win their three remaining fixtures to make the playoffs and especially need to win their next two, to set up a make or break match with the Jags in the final game of Super rugby (That game will be at home so we fancy our chances)- We will be the side on a mission as the Lions basically has qualification sewn up.
6. Sharks players such as the three du Preez brothers will have something to prove for the national selectors, same with guys like Esterhuizen and Nkosi (Who has publicly stated his goal of reaching 100 caps for the Boks)

Our squad has been up and down all season but we had a good run before the SR break and I think we will beat the Lions this Weekend.

We literally have our full strength side available for this weekend (and the rest of the games) there is not one player that I think deserves to be in the match day squad ahead of those chosen.

Chiliboy on the bench behind Akker is a relief again as we all know Chiliboy is not up to standard, at least the Sharks coach has the balls to make this call in the face of government pressure.

Here is the 23: (Springboks marked with a bolded S)
The Cell C Sharks
15 Curwin Bosch, S
14 Sbu Nkosi, S
13 Lukhanyo Am, S
12 Andre Esterhuizen, S
11 Makazole Mapimpi, S
10 Robert du Preez, S
9 Cameron Wright, S
8 Daniel du Preez, S
7 Jean-Luc du Preez, S
6 Phillip van der Walt,
5 Ruan Botha (captain),
4 Tyler Paul,
3 Thomas du Toit, S
2 Akker van der Merwe, S
1 Beast Mtawarira S

Substitutes: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle S, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Hyron Andrews, 20 Jacques Vermeulen, 21 Louis Schreuder S, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Lwazi Mvovo S

Sunwolves team vs Bulls in Singapore.
(Players in bold played in Japan vs Georgia last weekend - another 14 Sunwolves played in that game but will not go to Singapore)

1. Craig MILLAR
2. Jaba BREGVADZE (for Georgia)
3. Takuma ASAHARA
4. James MOORE
5. Uwe HELU
6. ◎Willem BRITZ
7. Shunsuke NUNOMAKI
8. Yoshitaka TOKUNAGA (played vs Italy)
9. Keisuke UCHIDA
10. Hayden PARKER
11. Akihito YAMADA
12. Michael LITTLE
13. Jason EMERY
14. Semisi MASIREWA
15. Gerhard van den HEEVER

16. Yusuke NIWAI
17. Shintaro ISHIHARA
18. Hencus VAN WYK
19. Grant HATTINGH
20. Rahboni Warren VOSAYAKO
21. Fumiaki TANAKA
22. Rikiya MATSUDA
23. Ryoto NAKAMURA (played vs Italy)

strong team

anyone know what the pitch is like in Suva? I have this (hopefully miss founded) fear some injuries might come out of this game

36310224_10156604748792249_4021769885204873216_n.jpg

'Landers/Chiefs - what the actual **** just happened in that first half?

Intense match between Brumbies and Canes. They come and go all the time.
They are 12-12 at 50 min.

It's technically poor but very entertaining if you're a neutral. I'd be livid if i were a fan of either team.

First ever Sunwolves win in Singapore! Despite a yellow card even.

First season they've had 3 wins too.

Latest posts