• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 4: Sharks vs. Sunwolves (10/03/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

n5QAaQS.jpg
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
1pm3eTL.jpg

Venue: Kings Park Stadium
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)
Teams

Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Louis Schreuder, 8 Tera Mtembu, 7 Jacques Vermeulen, 6 Wian Vosloo, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Ruan Botha (captain) 3 John-Hubert Meyer, 2 Akker van der Merwe, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16. Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Gideon Koegelenberg, 20 Keegan Daniel, 21 Cameron Wright, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Lwazi Mvovo

Sunwolves: TBA

Last edited:
This Log for the Super Rugby teams on TRF suggests that the points difference for the Sharks are -21 points. That's wrong. the PD is -7 points

Another 3 pm kickoff in summertime Durban! We should really keep the play clean and effective by not trying to make runs from our own half risking scrums for the expected knock ons. But then again against the Sunwolves we have more room to play a bit.

This Log for the Super Rugby teams on TRF suggests that the points difference for the Sharks are -21 points. That's wrong. the PD is -7 points

Another 3 pm kickoff in summertime Durban! We should really keep the play clean and effective by not trying to make runs from our own half risking scrums for the expected knock ons. But then again against the Sunwolves we have more room to play a bit.

Yeah the PD's are wrong for the Bulls as well. @smartcooky please rectify it if possible.

1 Craig MILLAR
2 Yusuke NIWAI
3 Takuma ASAHARA
4 Kazuki HIMENO
5 Grant HATTINGH
6 Michael LEITCH
7 Yoshitaka TOKUNAGA
8 Willem BRITZ ◎
9 Keisuke UCHIDA
10 Harumichi TATEKAWA
11 William TUPOU
12 Michael LITTLE
13 Sione TEAUPA
14 Lomano Lava LEMEKI
15 Kotaro MATSUSHIMA

REPLACEMENTS:
16 Atsushi SAKATE
17 Shintaro ISHIHARA
18 Hencus VAN WYK
19 Wimpie VANDERWALT
20 Pieter Lappies LABUSCHAGNE
21 Yutaka NAGARE
22 Ryoto NAKAMURA
23 Robbie ROBINSON

● Unavailable due to injury
・Sam WYKES,Timothy LAFAELE and Akihito YAMADA ; Concussion
・Shota HORIE and Hayden PARKER; Hamstring injury
・Asaeli Ai VALU; Low back pain and sciatica

I've only been watching the Sunwolves and Japan for a couple of years but I've never seen Tatekawa play flyhalf.

Oh well, at least the mighty Matsushima is back. The Sunwolves desperately need Tamura back at 10. He can't have fallen out of favour surely?

Disappointing from the Sunwolves in the first half. They've botched 3 clear try scoring chances and conceded a try almost every time a fairly ordinary looking Sharks get a line break.

Sunwolves halfbacks have been poor. Tatekawa doesn't seem to realise he is not playing 12 and just takes it into contact.

Didn't watch the game, but I'm fairly happy with that final score given we were playing on the other side of the world with no 2 and no 10.
(actually, how did Niwai do? and ok he *is* a 2, he's just no Horie or Bregvadze)

We made a big deal about that showing against the Brumbies in the first round, but that's been well and truly put in perspective now. The bottom 3 on the table atm are the Jaguares, Sunwolves and Brumbies!
(And in 4 hours, the Jaguares might be off that list too...)

Big shout out to Mapimpi! Made him my fantasy captain and he's the top scorer of the round! Happy days :D :D

This was a bad weekend for the SA sides in general especially that Lions vs Blues game. But id say the Sharks surely did what was expected of them.
We needed a big win and while it did not always look good you can only play what is in front of you.

Our defence looked shaky for me and the attack impatient. With that said i thought individual players did well throughout certain periods of the game to create their own breaks.
50- 22 is a good score as before this game the Sunwolves looked improved from previous years.

Now the Sharks head off on a four week tour where as far as i understand it we will be accompanied by the new Springbok defence coach Jacques Nienaber. Hopefully he can help with our defensive structures over the next few weeks as he is quite renowned for his defence.

Jean-Luc du Preez is coming back for this tour and we really needed that because our forwards has not really been dominating. One of the first seasons in a while where the backline is performing better than the forwards. The hope is that once we have our loose forward combination of Dan and Jean Luc du Preez and Philip van der Walt back from injury then the team will be much more complete.

Watch out for young Vosloo, good player in the making
Glad they left the has been players behind, read Daniels

Watch out for young Vosloo, good player in the making
Glad they left the has been players behind, read Daniels
Wish you guys all the best! I'm desperate to see some Saffer teams win away from home.
Sadly without Coenie and with the loss of some of your loosies your pack isn't quite as devastating as it was last year.

At the same time your backs are looking really sharp (with the exception of FB) and you look dangerous as anything in space.
I reckon when you get your young du Preez brothers back and if du Toit can step up you are going to be extremely dangerous.

A lot of people have been critical of Rob du Preez but I thought he was alright honestly, your backline looked very one dimensional with Bosch at the helm, at least Rob distributes a bit better and can threaten the line a bit.

Didn't watch the game, but I'm fairly happy with that final score given we were playing on the other side of the world with no 2 and no 10.
(actually, how did Niwai do? and ok he *is* a 2, he's just no Horie or Bregvadze)

We made a big deal about that showing against the Brumbies in the first round, but that's been well and truly put in perspective now. The bottom 3 on the table atm are the Jaguares, Sunwolves and Brumbies!
(And in 4 hours, the Jaguares might be off that list too...)

Well, I only concentrated on the first half but the Hooker was in no way an issue. Or at least didnt stand out as one.

Latest posts