• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 5: Jaguares vs. Reds (17/03/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

q12RYgu.jpg
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
LXj02aa.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Well, as a good Argentine i am i will get in the win wagon xD. If we play like last week we can win here by 10.

I get your point but to be fair, i would have said the same thing before the game vs the tahs. I actually wrote that vs the Reds at home was the only game we were favourites.

I rated the tahs above the Reds when the season started and i still do.

looks like the reds are doing better than last year.. are they?

looks like the reds are doing better than last year.. are they?
Short answer - yes, slightly more grunt up front, but I don't have high hopes for their ability to score tries.

Jaguares in Argentina should be too much for them.
My read was that the Warratahs were a better team as well.

Is not the opposition but Jags. We have in us to play like the first half. At that level we can win against anyone or we can play like the worst team in the competition. Who knows xD

Watching the game now. Jags playing like Pumas. So much enterprising potential but not enough structure.

Reds are nothing special but Thorn appears to be building from basics well. They are tough to break down.

Jags try was awesome though. Very beautiful set piece try.

Not what i expected to be honest. I thought we'd had more possession and they'd be more clinical.
The minute teams figure out our back 3 cant defend and start exploiting that we'll pay dearly.
The scrum thing is just silly at this point.
Gutted about the ending of the 2H but that is the sort of mistakes i can understand. I hate them, but i understand them.

Whew!

Yeah, pretty impressive from the Reds overall. Considering the class of many of the Jaguares players.

So many handling errors from the Jaguares. A bit like their first season when they keep trying for the perfect try rather than showing a bit more patience. Plus a lot just straight up errors today. Maddening.

I did warn folk to respect the Reds. They seem well drilled this year. What is the status of Karmichael Hunt following the cocaine possession?

Man, I am not the most educated viewer but it does seem that the Jags have an element of entitlement that get in their way.

"it's taken them 81 minutes but the jaguares scrum is finally working".
Sky sports commentators taking the ****.

We missed so many, i mean SO many chances i wouldn't know where to begin if i were the coach.
We couldn't organize a **** up at a brewery.

wasn't that a try by Juan? and not even yellow for that hit on lavanini s face?
what a dreadfull display by jags embarrassing.
the reds suck too. they should have scored 2 or 3 more tries with all those opportunities we gave them

well, old jags. Last week win was a fluke. We lost this match the other team did not win it again. Short passes to a player almost in contact, silly mistakes, bad line, bad kicks, bad scrum. I dont know now what`s the issue.

Edit: Re watched on tv.....Hernandez play was try. If we kicked to the post we could have stolen one BP.

Last edited:

Latest posts