TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
It's that time of the year again where the kits for 2019 is slowly starting to be unveiled.

Please share the images, on this thread should you find it before me, and please don't start a seperate thread for each team's kit.

Brumbies:

dsumbkzvyaeoftg-e1542658278959.jpg

Bulls:

Home:
51226664e6ef41a8b4bca1cad6f82a77.jpg

Away:

411e76334af246dfb819ed398e80be5f.jpg

All are very nice. A lot more teams are going for O Neills as their kit supplier. Irish company. They seem to do a good job.

Pretty sure the nz ones will be the same as this year, adidas still doing the once every two years thing

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/sa-super-rugby-teams-to-get-superhero-kits-20181204

SA Rugby on Tuesday confirmed that the South African Super Rugby franchises will play their local derbies in next year's competition in kits inspired by Marvel superheroes.

This is part of a collaboration between SA Rugby, SuperSport, Vodacom and Marvel in an attempt to raise interest levels among fans.

The Bulls kit will be emblazoned with the colours of Captain America, the Lions will channel their inner-Spider-Man, the Sharks' kit will be inspired by Black Panther and the Stormers will be wearing Thor's colours. The kit designs will be revealed at a later stage.

"the Sharks' kit will be inspired by Black Panther "

Cant wait to see the kits, think its a great idea!

"the Sharks' kit will be inspired by Black Panther "

Cant wait to see the kits, think its a great idea!

I think this is going to be great! It will definitely get the kids more excited with the craze of everything superheroes.

If the kits are good, I might even be tempted to buy one of each team's jersey. Dare I say it, even a Stormer's jersey.

BTW, pity that Duane Vermeulen won't be in a Thor kit...

BTW, pity that Duane Vermeulen won't be in a Thor kit...

OMW! did not even think about it would have been cool to see and obviously it would have been a PR persons dream if he was at the Stormers. Maybe buy Fleck a fake beard and dress him up as Odin... i would seriously go and watch some Stormers games then.

The Sharks black panther kits would make us slightly more popular under the black population, as statistics shows it was one of the highest grossing movies due to the large amounts of black people who supported this movie specifically, with some even calling it the greatest movie of all time, i for the matter still believe that ***le belongs to Fight Club but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

The Bulls captain america kit is appropriate, not just because they traditionally have one of the most boring styles of the SA franchises but because in their glory years they were known for their defence, and with captain America's shield, and the Bulls tendency sometimes to have camo kits it can work out very nicely, maybe as part of their modern day lore.

OMW! did not even think about it would have been cool to see and obviously it would have been a PR persons dream if he was at the Stormers. Maybe buy Fleck a fake beard and dress him up as Odin... i would seriously go and watch some Stormers games then.

The Sharks black panther kits would make us slightly more popular under the black population, as statistics shows it was one of the highest grossing movies due to the large amounts of black people who supported this movie specifically, with some even calling it the greatest movie of all time, i for the matter still believe that ***le belongs to Fight Club but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

The Bulls captain america kit is appropriate, not just because they traditionally have one of the most boring styles of the SA franchises but because in their glory years they were known for their defence, and with captain America's shield, and the Bulls tendency sometimes to have camo kits it can work out very nicely, maybe as part of their modern day lore.

Why try and be like that about the Bulls on this thread?? But alas, we still have a Super Rugby trophy in our cabinet. How about you?

38217_39_1.jpg isc_marvel_2015.jpg

they've been doing this in rugby league for a number of years, give them a google and it will give you an idea of what you can expect

Why try and be like that about the Bulls on this thread?? But alas, we still have a Super Rugby trophy in our cabinet. How about you?
No i was just joking around, but to be fair all my comments were kit related, in this 2019 kits thread, my timid banter was just additional context for why i think the captain America kits would be appropriate for the Bulls.

With the above image though i do feel that they should have used all the superheroes except captain America. Why does the Bulls and their majority Afrikaans supporters want a huge American flag with the Star on their kits?

PS. Habana should take that trophy home, because it was he who stole that which should not have been taken in the first place

other than all the sponsers around the neck i like that home kit

this is the first time ive seen this done across different manufacturers, all the NRL ones we're ISC, getting three difference company to coordinate must have been hard

side note, i bet the Sharks sponsor is ******, everyone's going to be doing the Wakanda salute and covering them!

stormers and Thor has a nice synergy

this is the first time ive seen this done across different manufacturers, all the NRL ones we're ISC, getting three difference company to coordinate must have been hard

side note, i bet the Sharks sponsor is ******, everyone's going to be doing the Wakanda salute and covering them!

stormers and Thor has a nice synergy

I don't think the Wakanda salute will be such a big issue for the Sharks sponsor. If you look at that pic, you will see the sponsor is also on the left shoulder.

I think a lot of co-ordination went into this. And they got an official go-ahead from Marvel. The tv ad they're currently running also shows the Marvel logo.

I think this is a great move to get the families back to the stadiums.

Like the home....not the away so much

Why did they change the logo? Old one was much better

THE SUPERHERO JERSEYS ARE A COMPLETE DESGRACE PLEASE DROP THEM FOR EVER. THE CAPTAIN AMERICA BEEING THE MOST ANNOYNG
REALY EMBARASING

Latest posts