• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 13 (10, 11 & 12 May 2019)

are the landers going to field a b team too? think thats the aim by wining those 2 in aus and winning the rest (home games) we could top the conference or at least be 2cnd
also its a chance to make these other boys play and improve, it going to be debut for lucas paulos.

Landers are missing 3-4 key players:

Hemepo who is a dynamic Lock/Flanker

Waisake Naholo

Ben Smith - he can play a bit........

AND a backup #10 as both Banks and B Gatland are both injured

This is a bonus game for Jaguares Landers are favourites by 12.5 pts

Good to see Jags use a FOURTH Lock for once

Moreso as Lavannini is moving to England which is a GOOD thing btw

More Pumas in Europe More exposure to better coaching

More chancres for Young players to develop

https://springboks.rugby/en/articles/2019/04/02/2019-season-structure-confirmed

The above link is also another avenue for Young Pumas to play against seasoned Afrikaans players and other SA based talents

Lets consider it Pampas Mark II

Landers are missing 3-4 key players:

Hemepo who is a dynamic Lock/Flanker

Waisake Naholo

Ben Smith - he can play a bit........

AND a backup #10 as both Banks and B Gatland are both injured

This is a bonus game for Jaguares Landers are favourites by 12.5 pts

Good to see Jags use a FOURTH Lock for once

Moreso as Lavannini is moving to England which is a GOOD thing btw

More Pumas in Europe More exposure to better coaching

More chancres for Young players to develop

https://springboks.rugby/en/articles/2019/04/02/2019-season-structure-confirmed

The above link is also another avenue for Young Pumas to play against seasoned Afrikaans players and other SA based talents

Lets consider it Pampas Mark II

yep its gonna be more even then, but still landers are favorites. the thing with nz teams imo is that the new players allways do good. it happend over and over with los pumas vs all blacks remember this time we where beating nz in the fist havf then the replacement scrum halve came in Piri wepu. he was unknown for us.. he totally turned the game nz way.
so im pretty sure landers reserves are pretty good even better than the starters an of couse the extra enthusiasm

yep its gonna be more even then, but still landers are favorites. the thing with nz teams imo is that the new players allways do good. it happend over and over with los pumas vs all blacks remember this time we where beating nz in the fist havf then the replacement scrum halve came in Piri wepu. he was unknown for us.. he totally turned the game nz way.
so im pretty sure landers reserves are pretty good even better than the starters an of couse the extra enthusiasm

I see your POV but I disagree on this part:

Super Rugby rugby is a different beast from International Rugby

Most Kiwi Super Rugby will be playing club rugby in Mitre 10 and nowhere close to being All Blacks

Out of the 23 Highlanders playing ONLY Aaron Smith will be playing for All Black is RWC 2019 in Japan

Coltman Squire J Iaone & L Whitelock have a small chance of playing as well

Far too often people mystify NZ players

All BLACKS are elite but in Super Rugby there is there Crusaders and everyone else in NZ

The other 4 teams are good sides but very beatable

I see your POV but I disagree on this part:

Super Rugby rugby is a different beast from International Rugby

Most Kiwi Super Rugby will be playing club rugby in Mitre 10 and nowhere close to being All Blacks

Out of the 23 Highlanders playing ONLY Aaron Smith will be playing for All Black is RWC 2019 in Japan

Coltman Squire J Iaone & L Whitelock have a small chance of playing as well

Far too often people mystify NZ players

All BLACKS are elite but in Super Rugby there is there Crusaders and everyone else in NZ

The other 4 teams are good sides but very beatable

ben smith is out of the ABs??

ben smith is out of the ABs??

Injured atm

He won't play for the Highlander again this season

Injured his hamstring last week and will be out 6-8 weeks

Plus after the RWC 2019 he'll be off to Pau in French Top 14

P.S. I'm enjoying Crusaders batter Bulls and in the process nullify their +49 points differential

Injured atm

He won't play for the Highlander again this season

Injured his hamstring last week and will be out 6-8 weeks

Plus after the RWC 2019 he'll be off to Pau in French Top 14

P.S. I'm enjoying Crusaders batter Bulls and in the process nullify their +49 points differential

Quite possibly never again

Quite possibly never again

I respect the Jaguares very much, but I am a Highlanders fan and hope they get the win at home.
q_p81I22rK4TmQOGQktoSLcq-VBpnx5P4Q9bOh6kdMsqbLsXG6d4YAqt7H8xpZW9KoArqjJhWO_Gq5Cn1APWscLxzbbNLKjnTsWXug-jha-Ez5-Nrne9S81zfWF7X3BoMyj5R8PlY8azeeEc_laYhdE6vAkWIYM8eAiSBy2nBZJFuu1ATX8qYyGmLFi-hFZB9BteaHTRH7ZXcarALl2L8f9wMHCjlEG1QdQDA_xCDRqLOsulaAf41skHNHBR9PZQvYqydy8Yqh8elWlB7qmKnKaPfpPC9vkEmmIxu5CwV5gi1BbEunxxb7V60UtnHMAO_CogaReYO_4jEgG93Kt58ljNovLSEnuoHoCELwNiq5UfBrcMRLP0ZFwaSlSSJHH6Nx-KLZDk49o3BzyiizC-jdr8p_tXQx_InKoA57QNNYBAaDl-jFYToNvDsc-Q4ZQbRbGjTpkj_XmzG-9zvLijpiCPV1gLJgTSvXC5O-d4IIuGH-6c9wOQ8mVMegu799zE0n3INTwLvqyMjFGQBDdjvlf7Lu_5Bqo8HCyOvwjsuNPC5Mdhc18bU-zuAtXBwSVa3obiZoV_l2hIvdQgQ24b1Mt6Ypa2RB96f0vNdjOQ-fP8HEYw8By2meHs0Ucg08-Eeo9HbnPFhcBq9cxBLDCNSLPxvax9q5id=s500-no

Last edited:
Highlanders score, but miss what should have been an easy conversion. It's 7-5 Jaguares at 23:30.

Jaguares make a penalty kick and lead 10-5 at 28:00.

Try for the Highlanders and they take a 12-10 lead @ 30:10.

Penalty kick for the Jaguares and they lead 13-12 @ 34:20.

Highlanders come down and score again and take a 19-13 lead @ 36:40.

Wow! Highlanders score again and take a 26-13 lead at half time.

Jagurares score first in the second half, it's now 26-20 Highlanders @ 43:00.

Penalty kick for the Highlanders, they now lead 29-20 @ 53:00.

And another penalty kick for the Highlanders, they lead 32-20 @ 61:00.

Try for the Jaguares, it's now 32-27 Highlanders lead @ 64:00.

Highlanders win 32-27 in a very close, hard fought and competitive match. I kept score here in case some of you out there didn't have access to the game on TV, radio or a streaming service. Good night to all. :)

Last edited:
Better than I expected what Jags did.
The good thing is that they add a bonus point.

Latest posts