• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 5 (15 & 16 March 2019)

i have to add, im pretty shaken up (lived in chch until about 2 years ago) so i can only imagine how shaken up the crusaders might be, how many of them might have kids that were in lockdown, that they couldn't get to, my niece was in lock down and i was lucky enough to have my mum their helping at the time so she had someone their to explain what was going on

as much as people are charging in on social media and yelling that its letting the terrorist win (same with the notion of the saders changing their name, the team is more than a name)....its only a game, its a pretty small sacrifice at a time like this, im happy enough it was call off

To be fair I don't think right wing racists consider the cancelling of the rugby match to be a victory. They aren't terrorists in the traditional sense of their goal being generalized terror, so much as very specifically aiming at Muslim people. I don't think in this context the terrorist "won".
thanks oke. i hope so, i dont wanna grant that @hole any victory.
but honestly most kiwi's here have been wandering around in a state of shock. really dont give a ratA55 about rugby tbh.
we're in mourning for our brothers and sisters lost and for our lost innocence and naivety

I have been watching on with horror in terms of what has happened in NZ. it was absolutely dreadful and my condolences go out to all the people of New Zealand and particularly Christchurch at this time. I think the decision to call off the Highlanders/Crusaders game was a very easy one. how could any of the Crusaders players have been in the correct frame of mind to play a game of rugby so soon after a tragedy like that?. I guess the question is now will the play their game against the Waratahs this weekend?. I suppose they'll have to play but it will be awfully difficult for them.

If you haven't started watching the Lions vs Rebels game do so now. Game is looking like it could be a very high scoring game

I watched it on ESPN+ and that was an amazing comeback by the Lions. The most exciting SupeRugby match that I've seen this season, so far.

I watched it on ESPN+ and that was an amazing comeback by the Lions. The most exciting SupeRugby match that I've seen this season, so far.
Rebels fell apart and Lions upped their game.

But 20 penalties to 1 favouring the home team. In South Africa.

Yeah, not very exciting. Nothing exciting about watching an average team bomb chance after chance on the opposition line, just to be given another chance over and over.

Last edited:
I only caught the last ten minutes when the Rebels were clearly infringing and deserved the penalties. But a penalty count of 20-1 does seem odd. Was anything questionable or did the Rebels just implode discipline wise and die out from altitude? I see the referee was Seconds, haven't been seeing good feedback about him in his previous matches.
Rebels were terribly ill-disciplined. All over the place at the breakdown and regularly offside.

But there is no way in hell that was a 1 penalty performance from the Lions. Is that even possible in modern rugby?

Latest posts