• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 World Cup in Japan must be cancelled

sigesige00

Bench Player
This is a photo of anti-Korean racist demonstration in Japan.
http://www.47news.jp/korean/politics_national/2013/03/063098.html
Japan is a racist country in which the government openly repress the Korean schools, and political police assassinated a Chongryon activist in 1998. Such a racist country is not suitable for an international sport event. Show Racism the Red Card!

And there is another big reason. Because of the meltdown of the nuclear power-plant in Hukusima (Fukushima), the level of radioactivity is dangerous level in Eastern Japan, including Tokyo. This situation will continue for more decades.
For the safety of players and fans, World Cup must not be held in Japan.

The Koreans dont like the Japanese big whoop either . Koreans wont even make the world cup! its stupid to let politics get in the way of sport and if millions of people can live there I dont think any players are in danger.

Hey the BNP gets plenty of support in the U.K. - should the world cup be held there?

It really doesn't. Not even a single MP.

That's because of the system. You bring in PR then the BNP probably get in. 6.2% in the last European elections. Perhaps a better example, in France Le Pen got 17% and they had the 2007 World Cup.

That's because of the system. You bring in PR then the BNP probably get in. 6.2% in the last European elections. Perhaps a better example, in France Le Pen got 17% and they had the 2007 World Cup.

even in a pr system they would struggle , at their height it was like 2.5% and 1.9% at the last general election and have crashed out of the local elections.

its not the system , there is basically is support for the bnp here

Last edited:
Well anyway my point was clearly not "OMG! English are so racist!"

i know , i just don't like them and can't resist temptation to down play or poke fun at them.
had a run in with them once

OK, OK, let's stop racism things. Let's discuss about the danger for health of players and fans.
Japan's radioactivity is a serious situation, and I strongly urge everyone NOT to visit the Eastern part of Japan.

OK, OK, let's stop racism things. Let's discuss about the danger for health of players and fans.
Japan's radioactivity is a serious situation, and I strongly urge everyone NOT to visit the Eastern part of Japan.

No, let's not stop, you brought it up, now defend your remarks. In 1995 South Africa hosted the RWC, with a democracy just 3 years old. Racism is still a major concern in our country, yet we hosted a Rugby, Cricket and Soccer World Cup. There was excellent security and not many if any concerns for players and supporters safety. If we can do it, then so can Japan. We also have a nuclear power plant in Cape Town which is near to it's expiry date, yet there hasn't been any serious health issues. As for the Japanese Power Plant Situation, I'm sure the Japanese Government and the WHO would have taken the necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of the Japanese people (not Koreans) in their own country and also tourists who visit Japan. 2019 is still a long way away and a lot can still happen.

If the bigshots in charge really were concerned I'd hope they would just move it rather than cancel it. It might not be the end of the world to do something so drastic, but going around cancelling RWC's would sure make living a lot more boring.

In terms of the racism thing - as others have pointed out there are very few countries which are totally clean. You could really point to any country and name some issues of racism. Even in NZ there were people who thought to use the coverage of the RWC as a platform to highlight and to be honest, exaggerate racial issues. There may well be an issue of anti-Korean sentiment in Japan, but it's really not the IRB's job to make an example of Japan when South Africa, U.K, France, Australia and New Zealand have all had some degree of racial controversy in the last 20 years.

In terms of the nuclear radiation poisoning - I'm sure there has been enough inquiries into it that the IRB isn't going to risk player wellfare. With that said, as bad as this may sound, if spending a few weeks in Japan is going to endanger players lives - then 200 odd rugby players being exposed to radiation posioning, as sad and tragic as it would be, probably doesn't compare to the 30 odd million in Tokyo who live there..

Mais ferme ta putain de gueule pauvre con que tu es...
Nous les japonais on t"emmerde et on te chie dessus pauvre con.

Mais ferme ta putain de gueule pauvre con que tu es...
Nous les japonais on t"emmerde et on te chie dessus pauvre con.

well someone isnt too happy. best not being that vulgar

Le mec est parano, il a déjà mis ce sujet dans le topic top league, c'est pas la première fois...

all glory to sige!
mental ideas are amusing though.
just lets remain sort of civil!

even in a pr system they would struggle , at their height it was like 2.5% and 1.9% at the last general election and have crashed out of the local elections.

its not the system , there is basically is support for the bnp here

As a party they're in terminal decline.

In terms of the radiation, if that was an issue, why did the round ball folks go over there for the Club World Cup? Nothing wrong with Japan as a host.

Latest posts