• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2020 Tri-Nations - Australia v Argentina (Round 4) - 21/11/2020

Oliver Madden

Academy Player
Surprised there's not a thread up yet for this, unless I've missed it.

Teams:
Wallabies:
15. Tom Wright 14. Tom Banks 13. Jordan Petaia 12. Hunter Paisami 11. Marika Koroibete 10. Reece Hodge 9. Nic White, 1. Scott Sio 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa 3. Taniela Tupou 4. Rob Simmons 5. Matt Philip 6. Ned Hanigan 7. Michael Hooper (C) 8. Harry Wilson

Bench: 16 Folau Fainga'a 17. Angus Bell 18. Allan Alaalatoa 19. Rob Valetini 20. Liam Wright 21. Jake Gordon 22. Noah Lolesio 23. Filipo Daungunu

Pumas:
15. Santiago Carreras 14. Bautista Delguy 13. Matias Orlando 12. Santiago Chocobares 11. Juan Imhoff 10. Nicolas Sanchez 9. Tomas Cubelli, 1. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro 2. Julian Montoya 3. Francisco Gomez Kodela 4. Guido Petti 5. Matias Alemanno 6. Pablo Matera (C) 7. Marcos Kremer 8. Rodrigo Bruni

Bench: 16 Santiago Socino 17. Mayco Vivas 18. Santiago Medrano 19. Santiago Grondona 20. Facundo Isa 21. Gonzalo Bertranou 22. Emiliano Boffelli 23. Santiago Cordero.

Referee: Paul Williams (New Zealand)
Touch Judges: Ben O'Keeffe (NZ) and Angus Gardner (Aus)
TMO: Nic Berry (Aus)

I think the Wallabies will win by 12 points. Argentina were brilliant last week but backing up good performances hasn't been their strength over the last 4 or 5 years.

Still no JOC, thought he was almost ready to come back for our game a couple of weeks ago

I think the Wallabies will win by 12 points. Argentina were brilliant last week but backing up good performances hasn't been their strength over the last 4 or 5 years.

Have the same feeling but I had a horrible feeling last game, so I'don't know.

Something that wasn't point here, no centres and no fly half in bench, if Sanchez is injured during the game we are dead. On the other hand very happy to see Isa (big fan of him), I think he can be a hell of an impact player.

Hope the Argies take this game as seriously as they did the AB one, another win or even a bonus point could be huge in the long run

It's the south african cabal, spearheaded by Heineken, Stormer and co.

PS: Look at our bench!
probably still suffering from Springbok withdrawal symptoms!.

The Puma bench is looking stronger than it has for a long time, there's some real impact there.

Hope the Argies take this game as seriously as they did the AB one, another win or even a bonus point could be huge in the long run
Argentina need to play well again this week because if they get whipped then they're back to square one.

Australia will play with more width than NZ and Argentina wont be able to keep it to only the one(!) handling error, like they did last game.

Home advantage ought to be enough - but this is the Wallabies. Its just as likely to be a record loss as a comfortable win, you just never know.

Australia will play with more width than NZ and Argentina wont be able to keep it to only the one(!) handling error, like they did last game.

Home advantage ought to be enough - but this is the Wallabies. Its just as likely to be a record loss as a comfortable win, you just never know.
apparently you dont believe in Jinx, expecting zero errors now

We have a game on our hands which I'm actually excited to watch.

If Argentina can play with the passion they did against the All Blacks then not many teams can stop that. When it comes to that the Wallabies will need to drop any sense of finesse and just see how hard they can smash the opponent. I don't yet know if the Wallabies have it in them.

I can get up for this game, as a neutral.
Ireland vs England does not come close to this appeal.

i completely miss read that and thought you said "we have a game in hand"...was trying to work out how to say SA were't playing this year ;)

If Argentina can play with the passion they did against the All Blacks then not many teams can stop that. When it comes to that the Wallabies will need to drop any sense of finesse and just see how hard they can smash the opponent. I don't yet know if the Wallabies have it in them.

I can get up for this game, as a neutral.
Ireland vs England does not come close to this appeal.
This is wrong i reckon. The All Blacks did this and ended up running into a brick wall. As you say, not many can stand up to their physicality.

Finesse will definitely be required.

All I'm saying is they can try finesse from the onset , like the Wallabies are famous for. They have never been a grunt team. A team of ball stealers and workmanlike backs with the odd hint of flair.

But if Argentina defends like they did against New Zealand then that fancy moves , cut passes or scicors. You get the drift. Pun intended, will be shut down. In that case I'm thinking Australia should be able to say ok fine this is the game they are playing. Can we as a traditional powerhouse of rugby union, take them on with this gameplan that they are almost forcing upon us.

It's the same with Bok physicallity, most foreign (opposition) coaches has said the first thing you need to do is take them on upfront you can't shy away from it, and out-backline them by avoiding the physical battle that Matera and Isa will lead.

Cubelli out, bertranou in. Against a team like NZ or RSA i wouldn't like it. Against Aus i don't mind, at least not that much.

Small miracle Argentina have come out of that without a yellow. Kicking at players hands, diving, cynical fouls on the line. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was the Argentinian football team out there.

Australia playing with absolutely no composure.

Latest posts