• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 3 Australia v South Africa (12/9/2021)

I hope we rotate the whole squad next game. First try and beat the Aussies in their backyard which is very rare and difficult to do and then rotate, completely different team, let this rotation start preparing for the first All Blacks game.
Never a good idea mate to rotate your whole squad - Hansen keep constantly changing too many players in his last year as AB coach, he even did it throughout the Rugby Championship just before the RWC... so in both those tournaments we lacked cohesion & organization too, just make a few changes each test so you keep most of your vital combinations together allowing you to flow well as an unit.

He looks better than ever, even has more hair and muscle.

All depends whether he plays like a headless chook though.

All depends whether he plays like a headless chook though.
This game will certainly test his restistance to transform into a headless kip kip. The pressure on his channel is going to be intentse.

He looks better than ever, even has more hair and muscle.
Weird, he didn't play in Los Angeles this year and I haven't seen reports of long stays in miami.
All jokes aside I've always kind of loved quade cause I've never really had a team to root for but I'd imagine having an emotional interest in his success would be tiring.

This game will certainly test his restistance to transform into a headless kip kip. The pressure on his channel is going to be intentse.
Yeah, will be really intriguing to see how he goes... looking forward to both tests, should be rippers.

What ??? ...how are our locks aging that much ? - Scott Barrett is 27 & Retallick is 30, the bloke is 6' 9'' and runs like a back.
Ridiculous to say our front-row is workmanlike at best, like our locks & loosies they're athletic & have top ball skills... Aumua is starting his first test for the AB's against Argentina at hooker on Sunday, the bloke is really fast, he's the same type of hooker as Dane Coles.
Number 8 doesn't have to be 115kg - Ardie Savea might be just over 100kg, but the bloke is very strong, shows that by how explosive he is off the back of a scrum, breaking tackles through his powerful leg drive.
You're right the mighty ABs are perfect and i shall do penance for suggesting otherwise. :rolleyes:

Your scrum and lineout completion last match was worse than Australia's. Your pack is workman like in their core roles and i think that can be exploited by a big pack, a low error rate and well organised defence (all of which the Bokkies have). England did it. Who gives a **** if Retallick can step like a back if he's not winning lineouts?

The Bok won't turn the ball over 30 times a game like Australia do.

Last edited:
Quade starting??? Why... Give that kid Lolasio the game time and experience, he is talented... Is he injured or something?

Ausie TMO very biased. Freezes screen on the kolisi tackle. Ref says please dont freeze the frame.

Also with the tmo review, TMO says to ref im im going to show you im going to show you he knocked it on. Rather than lets review the footage.

Wallabies actually looking....good?

Boks defence growing into the game, though

Also with the tmo review, TMO says to ref im im going to show you im going to show you he knocked it on. Rather than lets review the footage.
To be fair that's how they do it in the NH as well
No point making everyone watch the whole sequence if the TMO has already seen the incident clearly

This is a pretty solid Aussie team. Come next world cup they will be a real force.

This is a pretty solid Aussie team. Come next world cup they will be a real force.
Calm down, we've put together one half of footy out of 7.

Lets see how they go next half before we pass judgement.

Ausie TMO very biased. Freezes screen on the kolisi tackle. Ref says please dont freeze the frame.

I am biased but I actually think that's supposed to be red. If the player has to activately stop his head from hitting the ground (which he did) then its pretty damn dangerous.

If it isn't a red under the rules it should be.

I am biased but I actually think that's supposed to be red. If the player has to activately stop his head from hitting the ground (which he did) then its pretty damn dangerous.

It it isn't a red under the rules it should be.
The Wallaby jumped and turned, Kolisi did not lift him like that on his own.