• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 4) - Australia V South Africa (03/9/2022)

SA has, undoubtedly, the dumbest supporters of any team in the world. It's embarrassing reading comments from SA fans on social media pages and the like. There are a pod of us who take the game seriously, know the laws, and respect other teams but the majority of us are a bunch of imbeciles who make me cringe. They are the ones ref this ref that quota player this quota player that non stop. We can only apologize for them I suppose. :(
For what its worth, I will not apologize for bad apple SA fans. Every country has their different voice and opinions from various sectors. You will have your trolls here and there but one thing I know is that on this forum the South Africans are a small minority. Our mindset here is different due to that. But the Bok Fans are quite active/vocal posters on other platforms, in a good way I think, platforms such as Facebook, Insta and the Rugby Pass bubble and then Reddit has huge amounts of SAFFAs which tends to push the content to also be SA related. This is good to see for me. Even if they tend to pressure referees, its not a bad thing. It displays power to influence the ref structures from a fan POV, the fans must play their role to win favour for their team. Rugby will be too stale without it.
If other countries dont like it tough ****, when it comes down to it we are not friends they dont have our backs, look at what India, England and Australia did now with cricket, they just took ownership and its all in their hands now they decide everything. They get the lucrative tests, we get scraps.

For what its worth, I will not apologize for bad apple SA fans. Every country has their different voice and opinions from various sectors. You will have your trolls here and there but one thing I know is that on this forum the South Africans are a small minority. Our mindset here is different due to that. But the Bok Fans are quite active/vocal posters on other platforms, in a good way I think, platforms such as Facebook, Insta and the Rugby Pass bubble and then Reddit has huge amounts of SAFFAs which tends to push the content to also be SA related. This is good to see for me. Even if they tend to pressure referees, its not a bad thing. It displays power to influence the ref structures from a fan POV, the fans must play their role to win favour for their team. Rugby will be too stale without it.
If other countries dont like it tough ****, when it comes down to it we are not friends they dont have our backs, look at what India, England and Australia did now with cricket, they just took ownership and its all in their hands now they decide everything. They get the lucrative tests, we get scraps.
That's a new one. 'Taking ownership of the game' by blaming the refs for your own failings.

Oh and cricket.

Best justification yet.

Could there have been a worse advert for the game in Aus? **** me what a **** show.

Wallabies absolute puss. Okeefe puss. The Saffas being **** blokes at the end?

Puss. It was all puss.
Unrated, can you PLEASE stop complaining all the time.

Unrated, can you PLEASE stop complaining all the time.
Look man. That was the best opportunity to promote the game in Sydney in the better part of 5 years and it was absolutely horrendous to watch. I want rugby to succeed here.

Cant be happy with that performance from the Wallabies.

SA has, undoubtedly, the dumbest supporters of any team in the world. It's embarrassing reading comments from SA fans on social media pages and the like. There are a pod of us who take the game seriously, know the laws, and respect other teams but the majority of us are a bunch of imbeciles who make me cringe. They are the ones ref this ref that quota player this quota player that non stop. We can only apologize for them I suppose. :(

I'm probably one of the ones you describe. Not saying we *would've* won game 1 given a level playing field but I would be surprised if Faf staying on the field and a penalty try for us and Koroibete carded wouldn't have had a huge impact and that's just two instances (not counting the numerous neck roll clear outs from teh side of the ruck etc here). More than 8 points worth iMO. Though its a pointless excersize and getting into if this happened then that etc , well, pointless.

That said I will continue to complain when I see refereeing worse than anything I'd expect in a Currie Cup or even schools match. The game will not grow if we don't get more consistency in that arena.

I'm probably one of the ones you describe. Not saying we *would've* won game 1 given a level playing field but I would be surprised if Faf staying on the field and a penalty try for us and Koroibete carded wouldn't have had a huge impact and that's just two instances (not counting the numerous neck roll clear outs from teh side of the ruck etc here). More than 8 points worth iMO. Though its a pointless excersize and getting into if this happened then that etc , well, pointless.

That said I will continue to complain when I see refereeing worse than anything I'd expect in a Currie Cup or even schools match. The game will not grow if we don't get more consistency in that arena.
Given SA referees are generally the worst of the lot (cough Egon) you must spend a lot of your time complaining eh.

Latest posts