Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
BACKS
Elliot Daly (Saracens, 47 caps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens, 88 caps)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 72 caps)
Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, 3 caps)
Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 3 caps)
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 61 caps)
Paolo Odogwu (Wasps, uncapped)
Harry Randall (Bristol Bears, uncapped)
Dan Robson (Wasps, 7 caps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 34 caps)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 46 caps)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 104 caps)

FORWARDS
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 26 caps)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 28 caps)
Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 8 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 23 caps)
Jamie George (Saracens, 54 caps)
Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 3 caps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens, 43 caps)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 69 caps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 85 caps)
Joe Marler (Harlequins, 72 caps)
Beno Obano (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 8 caps)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 22 caps)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 56 caps)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps)
Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 19 caps)

Shadow squad
Charlie Atkinson (Wasps, uncapped)
Ali Crossdale (Saracens, uncapped)
Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby, 3 caps)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 17 caps)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 3 caps)
Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 54 caps)
Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 4 caps)
George Martin (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Jacob Umaga (Wasps, uncapped)
Jack Willis (Wasps, 2 caps)

Jones has also named a 12-player shadow squad, who will be part of the same testing protocols as the tournament squad. Mako Vunipola will join with the squad to undertake rehab during the tournament.

Was really happy with the squad until i saw that Willis isnt in it? Guessing shadow squad are injury cover who can be called upon

With th exception of Willis for Wilson, I'm on board with that squad.

Surprised no Sinkler in the shadow squad - means we'll not have him at all I guess?
Yeah, overall I really like the look of it although as you say Wilson over Willis is slightly puzzling. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Lawrence with Ford and Farrell inside him.

Will also be good to see Stuart and (I hope) Genge get some starts.

Yeah, overall I really like the look of it although as you say Wilson over Willis is slightly puzzling. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Lawrence with Ford and Farrell inside him.

Will also be good to see Stuart and (I hope) Genge get some starts.
I'd imagine he will with no Mako

How Furbank is ahead of Steward in the shadow squad I have no idea.

Glad Heyes is in it, Welsh have been trying hard to get him.
Eh I'm really not fussed about shadow squad. Seems like they won't be training at all with the squad so ultimately does make more sense to go with Furbank who knows the structure, moves etc. than the brand new Steward.

Happy for Wilson - he's in fine form atm and offers something different to our other backrowers, and should mean that Lawes isn't used in the backrow - but it does feel harsh on Willis. Really though it's Willis vs Earl (as Earl was brought off the bench at 7),
Wilson is our 2nd choice 8 and 2nd choice 6 - I'd argue for him starting at 8, though, as he really has played well for Newcastle, and Binny hasn't been in form for a while.

Pleased to see Randall there - still fuming Spencer isn't our starting 9 - but a welcome addition.

Odogwu has a lot of potential and is a very exciting player but can't help but feel he wouldn't be there if there wasn't so much talk about Italy chasing him. Fear he might be a Dunn - few seconds off the bench and then disappears.

Happy to see Lawrence and Malins have kept their spots, and some exciting players in the "Shadow" squad - especially Atkinson, who is sooo much better than Umaga.
Surprised at no JJ in the main squad, though - how longs it been since he was fit and not there?

I was fearing the worst with the reduced squad announcement, but it's surprisingly good.

Biggest concern, for me, is no Sinckler - even in shadow squad.

So we have two fly halves in the shadow squad..... o_O

Attachments

• c266980c497a63b75aee432468b80da9.jpg
    c266980c497a63b75aee432468b80da9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
Agreed on Wilson. I feel he could be the target because of no Willis but he's in very good form.

Wilson is a quality operator tbf. Thing is you drop any of that backrow and include Simmonds, Dombrandt, Willis etc.... then peeps would be upset.

Also i'm still smug Atkinson has played about 5 games and made it in.. Deploy the face...
tumblr_nenep0sgUF1qfjej5o1_640.jpg

With th exception of Willis for Wilson, I'm on board with that squad.

Surprised no Sinkler in the shadow squad - means we'll not have him at all I guess?
Yep. I feel the same.

I'm a massive fan of Wilson's but I feel like Willis could be something very special.

Sinckler only has himself to blame and I'm happy enough to see Stuart getting some more starts under his belt.

Willis can play 8 too... he makes metres, carries well, is a line out option and gets turnovers... not sure what else he can give.

If anyone should really be dropped shouldn't it be Billy ? he hasn't played....

TBH based on Jones's previous squads that could have been far worse. Though hope the likes of Randall actually get game time.

Latest posts