• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs France (13/03/21)

Yeah we will. He's already had his annual reasonable game.

Within the bounds of sanity what changes are people expecting to see?

I suspect it will be pretty much same again (and Jones has hinted as much, not that I believe a word he says). But the cynical half of me wonders if he might include a couple of the wilder cards so that he can claim genius status if they work or have a ready made 'Told you they weren't ready / good enough' if they don't.
I would be able to see the reasoning behind keeping most of the team, but I can't see any reason for Daly to keep his place. As such I'm expecting to see the only change to the starting XV being Malins for Daly. Ribbans for Martin on the bench.

I would be able to see the reasoning behind keeping most of the team, but I can't see any reason for Daly to keep his place. As such I'm expecting to see the only change to the starting XV being Malins for Daly. Ribbans for Martin on the bench.
I Coudl see this... I wonder if, as a totally left field idea, you might even se Watson at FB (Eddie was keen on it before he got injured) and Odogwu getting a chance on the wing... It wont happen, but does add a power strike runner, as well as an attacking dimension from full back. Only issue is Watson's kicking game, and make no mistake, England will need to at least have parity in the territorial battle to win this game

So after everyone and their dog has seen how bad our discipline is, in traditional Jones style we have decided to change nothing. Jesus Christ, we are going about this exactly the wrong way and, intentional or not, refs will know we intend to play on the edge, will know we have a poor disciplinary record and so will find things wrong more often. Prepare for yet another weekend of double figures penalties as we get pinged off the park because nobody is prepared to admit we are doing something very wrong.

So after everyone and their dog has seen how bad our discipline is, in traditional Jones style we have decided to change nothing. Jesus Christ, we are going about this exactly the wrong way and, intentional or not, refs will know we intend to play on the edge, will know we have a poor disciplinary record and so will find things wrong more often. Prepare for yet another weekend of double figures penalties as we get pinged off the park because nobody is prepared to admit we are doing something very wrong
I'm assuming, seeing what he meant about intensity etc, I'd say he means its about finding the balance of aggression and clear thought, and rugby usually needs to be played highly on the edge or else you'll give up the gain line. Play smarter, but not with less intensity I hope
He does reference increasing awareness, and bringing referees into camp this week in order to focus on the penalty count though other means

Last edited:
So if you win how does the apology to Eddie and the players work? Do you all email an apology to him separately or do you all sign one letter and pop it in the post?

So after everyone and their dog has seen how bad our discipline is, in traditional Jones style we have decided to change nothing. Jesus Christ, we are going about this exactly the wrong way and, intentional or not, refs will know we intend to play on the edge, will know we have a poor disciplinary record and so will find things wrong more often. Prepare for yet another weekend of double figures penalties as we get pinged off the park because nobody is prepared to admit we are doing something very wrong.
At least it won't be a French referee.

So if you win how does the apology to Eddie and the players work? Do you all email an apology to him separately or do you all sign one letter and pop it in the post?
It doesn't. On the monkeys / typewriters principle we might win and play well, but one swallow not making a summer and all that.

Go well in this and v Ire, and I might start looking at things a bit differently. Might.

We could slot Earl in at 8 at least to improve things for a start and then Malins in the 15 shirt.

The 10, 12 combo has been destroyed by Jones. Farrell is limited at 10 but plays better at 10 when we have a big 12 which only happens nice every 6 years when Manu is fit. Ford always gets the short straw at 10 by having Farrell at 12 and never gets to play with a proper 12 (do we even have one any more).

Because Jones won't drop Farrell, then we really need to push Farrell we are stuck.

Joke now:

As Farrell is so important to the team but we need to try other players, we should push Farrell to 13 as players always play best out of position when they aren't in form according to Jones. Then Slade to the wing.
10 Ford
12 Lawrence
13 Farrell
14 Slade
15 Watson

Jones will be hard at that selection.
I guess Eddie look like a bit lost and as many coach will dies with is idea, he cant send out the ones who make him rich the final cup, that the way he work.
England with 43 falauts in 3 games !
Alls Saracens are not fits but he will keep then on the field.
Big battle comming up.
France will be ready.
I read that Defense coach want to stop Antoine Dupont poor strategy.

France on the way for GrandSlam 2021

I have a sneaking suspicion England will win this. France will get a card at some point I'm sure and England will be bang up for it obviously and will be dangerous just like any good team that's backed into a corner. Obviously I wouldn't put my house on an England win but I reckon it'll be close either way.
Yes great idea don't put your house in that bet.
As i think It's time for France to take Twickenham

Latest posts