• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs France (13/03/21)

Vakatawa and N'tamak back in the group.
An extra explosivity with a cherry of creativity to enlarge the range of possibilities...

That's the problem when you hire your brother in law to take care of your online reputation, sometimes, it doesn't work out as you expected :p.
OK, Youngs pass is quite accurate, too bad it is so much on the slow side...

Last edited:
Vakatawa and N'tamak back in the group.
An extra explosivity with a cherry of creativity to enlarge the range of possibilities...
From what we have seen in the week-end games, Ntamack might not be 100% yet, but watch out for Vakatawa, he seems to be ready to restart his season and he can surely make some differences. Too bad about Gabin Villière being out for the rest of the tournament, we will have to do with Penaud / Thomas, no issue on their attacking skills, but not really bulletproof in defense :eek:

Last edited:
From what we have seen in the week-end games, Ntamack might not be 100% yet, but watch out for Vakatawa, he seems to be ready to restart his season and he can surely make some differences. Too bad about Gabin Villière being out for the rest of the tournament, we will have to do with Penaud / Thomas, no issue on their attacking skills, but not really bulletproof in defense :eek:
Great loss with Gabin, with is activity in defense, and still worry with dancing Thomas instead...

Will the waffle munchers have done any training since the Covid breach ?

Will the waffle munchers have done any training since the Covid breach ?
The elite waffle munchers in the world live in Belgium, I am sure they have done a lot of training since the the initial Covid breakup, but they are much more into football than anything else.
They are also pretty good in breweries, mining and losing world cup semi finals while stating they were much better than the other side, so I can easily understand why you'd have an affinity towards them :D

Last edited:
Never quite understood why Spencer was overlooked for so long.
His kicking is accurate, he is razor sharp around the edge and is a good organiser.
His rapport with Farrell at 10 is good, so what is not to like.

At this stage I want to see two things only. Daly not starting is the first, he has looked truly awful, and has been the only one not to show any improvement in the 3 games so far. I don't think it's the end for him, but a change has to now be made. Please Eddie?

Much more than even that I want to see fewer stupid penalties. We genuinely looked good against Wales when we weren't giving them away left right and centre! To get back to 24 all, regardless of whether those two tries should have been tries or not, was a bloody good effort. It's just that after that we lost all composure and Wales kept theirs.

Having Farrell back at 10
I do not understand why EJ refuses to bring something new, especially as the 9-10-12 axis in this English team is clearly underperforming.
Youngs Farrell obviously means no quick ball to the attacking line, if any. I don't know about Lawrence as I have never seen him play, but the idea of a 13 only getting 3 balls in an hour is just proof there is something wrong with the distribution in this English team. Ford used to bring in some creativity, but he only showed flashes of it against Wales and he is clearly not the best defending 10 in England.
I understand it's not EJ's way to make major changes all of a sudden. But keeping things as they are now is a clear downward path for England.

We could slot Earl in at 8 at least to improve things for a start and then Malins in the 15 shirt.

The 10, 12 combo has been destroyed by Jones. Farrell is limited at 10 but plays better at 10 when we have a big 12 which only happens nice every 6 years when Manu is fit. Ford always gets the short straw at 10 by having Farrell at 12 and never gets to play with a proper 12 (do we even have one any more).

Because Jones won't drop Farrell, then we really need to push Farrell we are stuck.

Joke now:

As Farrell is so important to the team but we need to try other players, we should push Farrell to 13 as players always play best out of position when they aren't in form according to Jones. Then Slade to the wing.
10 Ford
12 Lawrence
13 Farrell
14 Slade
15 Watson

Jones will be hard at that selection.

15 Watson
We've done this before - Watson can't play FB for England until he's played there a few times for his club!
I mean, look at Daly - you can tell he's a natural FB because it's the only position he ever plays club rugby - same with Farrell at IC; or anyone we'd actually play at IC for that matter.

I'll get excited for this game if Youngs plays like he did against Wales and Daly isn't in the squad.
Obviously won't know about the Youngs thing until we're ankle deep into the game.

I'll get excited for this game if Youngs plays like he did against Wales and Daly isn't in the squad.
Obviously won't know about the Youngs thing until we're ankle deep into the game.
Yeah we will. He's already had his annual reasonable game.

Within the bounds of sanity what changes are people expecting to see?

I suspect it will be pretty much same again (and Jones has hinted as much, not that I believe a word he says). But the cynical half of me wonders if he might include a couple of the wilder cards so that he can claim genius status if they work or have a ready made 'Told you they weren't ready / good enough' if they don't.

Latest posts