• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

Ive not seen enough of Botham to really make a call on him . I do wish we still had the likes of a Hadleigh Parkes on the bench tho he would of been perfect to bring on the last 15 yesterday.

Jac Morgan will be the one for the future. Him and Wainwright will get a lot of caps in the back row for us moving forward. Botham and Shane Lewis Hughes both look like decent up and comers as well.

As I say we do need more quality in the front row especially in my opinion

Okay I'll agree yesterday it was the wrong decision to make changes , biggar was in the zone yesterday no need to bring sheedy on as we much needed biggars physicality in defence but in the previous games sheedy has come on and impressed but Pivac did make an error call yesterday .
I'm not saying what was done was wrong just perhaps the subs weren't prepared enough for the sort of team they would be facing, I've opend aa can of worms here I can assure you it was not my intent.

I'm not saying what was done was wrong just perhaps the subs weren't prepared enough for the sort of team they would be facing, I've opend aa can of worms here I can assure you it was not my intent.
Dai no worries . It's a good healthy subject to talk about , of course we can always strengthen , just look at the wings Adams in the world cup was top tryscorer and he is still and awesome winger but now I've seen zammit in a Welsh shirt he's something else so there's always someone around the corner

Jac Morgan will be the one for the future. Him and Wainwright will get a lot of caps in the back row for us moving forward. Botham and Shane Lewis Hughes both look like decent up and comers as well.

Yeah and while he has had almost no game time at all, I'm really hoping that Carwyn Tuipulotu becomes a phenomenal 8 at Scarlets just in time to replace Faletau in a couple of years.

Wainwright hit the ground running with us but he's leveled out a bit, hopefully he can capture that early form with Wales but I'm not fully convinced.

Yeah and while he has had almost no game time at all, I'm really hoping that Carwyn Tuipulotu becomes a phenomenal 8 at Scarlets just in time to replace Faletau in a couple of years.
Yeah, it's a shame he hasn't been on the scarlets bench for the games during the 6N. I saw his debut off the bench a month or so ago. He's a big lump.

Morgan Jones looks a promising back row talent as well . One for the future

Wainwright hit the ground running with us but he's leveled out a bit, hopefully he can capture that early form with Wales but I'm not fully convinced.

Agree but last couple of weeks his form has picked up a bit and he's still young so plenty of time. He was a late comer to the game wasn't he.

Yeah p
Agree but last couple of weeks his form has picked up a bit and he's still young so plenty of time. He was a late comer to
Yeh good point he's was late to the party. Still room for improvement. Mcnichol has fallen out of favour with Pivac at one point I was convinced he'd be used by Pivac as he's a capable player when he want to be and covers wing and FB

Okay I'll agree yesterday it was the wrong decision to make changes , biggar was in the zone yesterday no need to bring sheedy on as we much needed biggars physicality in defence but in the previous games sheedy has come on and impressed but Pivac did make an error call yesterday .
Only with hindsight can that be called a wrong decision he made a call which unfortunately didn't pan out on this occasion, he'd be a genius if Sheedy got an intercept and played a part in a length of the field try which is always a real possibility with LRZ gas, France also have to be credited they upped their intensity and executed fantastically some times a post Morton is not required and a simple roll out the dice will decide the game.

He turned a scenario from being smashed and possibly losing the ball to scoring a try from absolutely nothing. I'd say that was pretty destructive. Him racking up almost 100 tackles and missing 1 isn't exactly screaming walk over either to be honest.
we'll have to agree to disagree on Tips I knows you loves him, we also differ on being destructive too.

we'll have to agree to disagree on Tips I knows you loves him, we also differ on being destructive too.

That's cool. Just literally astonished to hear someone describe Tips as average.

Not being destructive I would disagree but completely understand.

Yeah p

Yeh good point he's was late to the party. Still room for improvement. Mcnichol has fallen out of favour with Pivac at one point I was convinced he'd be used by Pivac as he's a capable player when he want to be and covers wing and FB

He's getting on isn't he Mcnichol. I know what you mean, Pivac likes him and you'd expect him to be used more but we're well stocked in the back 3 and he's already in his 30s so not really worth developing. Handy if we have an injury crisis at 11,14 or 15 though.

Just a word on the officials yesterday. I thought both Luke Pearce and Wayne Barnes as TMO both did a great job. Pascal Gauzere should take note.

Excellent display from Wales but more than naive in the last 10 minutes with the lead they had. They must be gutted to lose that from the position they were in.

Wales should provide more Lions after yesterday, but I still wouldn't take AWJ. There are 6 better locks in England Ireland and Scotland (Itoje, Kruis, Ryan, Henderson, Beirne and J Gray)
LRZ find of the 6 Nations, Dupont , Beirne, Navidi , Watson and Curry top players for their respective countries IMO.

Just a word on the officials yesterday. I thought both Luke Pearce and Wayne Barnes as TMO both did a great job. Pascal Gauzere should take note.

Excellent display from Wales but more than naive in the last 10 minutes with the lead they had. They must be gutted to lose that from the position they were in.

Wales should provide more Lions after yesterday, but I still wouldn't take AWJ. There are 6 better locks in England Ireland and Scotland (Itoje, Kruis, Ryan, Henderson, Beirne and J Gray)
LRZ find of the 6 Nations, Dupont , Beirne, Navidi , Watson and Curry top players for their respective countries IMO.
Bit none of them are natural leader like AWJ , It cant be overstated what this man does for the team , look at the stats yesterday , 22 tackles , zero missed . Itoje gives away far too many penalties and Alyn Wyn can get the ref in his pocket .

Serious question here lads , who would you take over 60 metres Shane or zammit.??

Latest posts