• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Ha ha. God it's going to be embarrassing for you if Curry and co don't totally dominate him tomorrow. Same for Itoje and the OAP AWJ. Not looking forward to it.
I'd say you also may be embarassed if he gets run over by an England forward, or doesnt make a turnover. Or have any real defining impact, but we shall see. He'll probably be on the end of a try/assist now

Oh cmon, Wilson and Navidi, they're similar. Watson and Navidi, no chance

Navidi is our stronger ball carrier and is the "coal face" back rower we have. He carries hard and stays in and amongst more with the jackal. That's why I said if you're comparing roles in the team then Navidi is the probably a bit more similar. Like o say, Tipuric and Watson are totally different which isn't surprising seeing as their skill sets are a bit different. I.e Tipuric is a great all round player and Watson is a bit one dimensional.

Ha ha. God it's going to be embarrassing for you if Curry and co don't totally dominate him tomorrow. Same for Itoje and the OAP AWJ. Not looking forward to it.
Not really, because I've said England are **** at the moment and it's 23 vs 23 not 1 v 1

Oh cmon, Wilson and Navidi, they're similar. Watson and Navidi, no chance
No you don't get it you can't compare Tipuric to any other openside because he doesn't play openside, it's Navidi that plays openside but he plays blindside not openside, but Tipuric isn't a blindside he's an openside,
Also he's the best openside (but he's not an openside so don't try and compare him to other opensides)

dumb patrick star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'd say you also may be embarassed if he gets run over by an England forward, or doesnt make a turnover. Or have any real defining impact, but we shall see. He'll probably be on the end of a try/assist now

Not at all. I know on their day there's players in that English pack who can dominate anyone on their day no matter how good any individual is. There's a lot of dynamics that go on in rugby. A lot of factors. It's a team game after all.

Watson, for example, is a great player, wasn't that great against Wales the other week though. Doesn't mean he's **** though.

Navidi is our stronger ball carrier and is the "coal face" back rower we have. He carries hard and stays in and amongst more with the jackal. That's why I said if you're comparing roles in the team then Navidi is the probably a bit more similar. Like o say, Tipuric and Watson are totally different which isn't surprising seeing as their skill sets are a bit different. I.e Tipuric is a great all round player and Watson is a bit one dimensional.

Tipuric is a man of many trades and master of none.
I've layed out several areas where Watson is effective, so calling him one dimensional is just trash, its purely because he's stronger that you're labelling him as such. Simply because he can actually break a tackle doesnt mean he's one dimensional

12 secs in reminded me of his 20 minute cameo from the bench last year, AWJ being mugged off. Just an enjoyable wee video in general

Tipuric is a man of many trades and master of none.
I've layed out several areas where Watson is effective, so calling him one dimensional is just trash, its purely because he's stronger that you're labelling him as such. Simply because he can actually break a tackle doesnt mean he's one dimensional

12 secs in reminded me of his 20 minute cameo from the bench last year, AWJ being mugged off. Just an enjoyable wee video in general

Oh, a highlight reel. Great, thanks for that.

Is this the one Proudfoot must have watched to single out Tipuric as a special player?

Oh, a highlight reel. Great, thanks for that.

Is this the one Proudfoot must have watched to single out Tipuric as a special player?
Its funny as Tipuric isnt even in the frame for any of them. Probably hiding out on the wing. But i do remember that cameo and just laughing at the screen, he treated international players like schoolboys, it was ridiculous. You dont see that often at all
I mean they had to pretend to respect Wales somehow didnt they?

Its funny as Tipuric isnt even in the frame for any of them. Probably hiding out on the wing. But i do remember that cameo and just laughing at the screen, he treated international players like schoolboys, it was ridiculous. You dont see that often at all
I mean they had to pretend to respect Wales somehow didnt they?

Ha. That was a good response to be fair.

Perhaps let's move on to comparing Alun Wyn Jones to Itjoe......................

I must admit I an a fan of Tipruic, doesn't miss tackles, get's though a lot a work, is a decent lineout jumper and makes a lot of metres in the outside channels. Yes he isn't great in an arm wrestle but if you picked him to do that job that's poor coaching decision.
Would I pick him in a world 15? Probably not but I do think he's an asset for Wales especially with how Privac wants to play the game. Him being so good in the outside channels does cover some of his deficiencies in the physicality department.

I'll got back to it reminds of back when we picked Robshaw to do a job at openside and he did that job fairly well. The issue was he wasn't an openside and we desperately needed one.

Perhaps let's move on to comparing Alun Wyn Jones to Itjoe......................

I must admit I an a fan of Tipruic, doesn't miss tackles, get's though a lot a work, is a decent lineout jumper and makes a lot of metres in the outside channels. Yes he isn't great in an arm wrestle but if you picked him to do that job that's poor coaching decision.
Would I pick him in a world 15? Probably not but I do think he's an asset for Wales especially with how Privac wants to play the game. Him being so good in the outside channels does cover some of his deficiencies in the physicality department.

This is a lot fairer though I still maintain he's very good in arm wrestle after all, that has been Wales M.O for a while.

I do, however, think that one of the main reasons the northern hemisphere is always behind the Southern Hemisphere is this fixation over ball carrying and smashing people. No doubt this is, was and always will be an important factor in rugby but don't act surprise when our skill set for back row forwards in particular are so far behind that of say NZ. Tipuric, for me, in terms of the northern hemisphere, was and still is sadly, ahead of his time.

Much like how props these days are trying to be more mobile with better ball skills. But this comes down to what game you're trying to play. If you're trying to play more of a
Off loading game you're going to want a fast mobile open side with great hands and feet. If you're looking to bully teams then there's potentially better players

This is a lot fairer though I still maintain he's very good in arm wrestle after all, that has been Wales M.O for a while.

I do, however, think that one of the main reasons the northern hemisphere is always behind the Southern Hemisphere is this fixation over ball carrying and smashing people. No doubt this is, was and always will be an important factor in rugby but don't act surprise when our skill set for back row forwards in particular are so far behind that of say NZ. Tipuric, for me, in terms of the northern hemisphere, was and still is sadly, ahead of his time.

Much like how props these days are trying to be more mobile with better ball skills. But this comes down to what game you're trying to play. If you're trying to play more of a
Off loading game you're going to want a fast mobile open side with great hands and feet. If you're looking to bully teams then there's potentially better players
As anyone who's seen my posts may know, Im a fan of labelling out points to the contrary, but this would take too long to dismantle the notion of Tipuric's godlike status.
Tell you what, gonna be mighty embarrassing if he doesnt win MoTM tomorrow, as a player so far ahead of his time

As anyone who's seen my posts may know, Im a fan of labelling out points to the contrary, but this would take too long to dismantle the notion of Tipuric's godlike status.
Tell you what, gonna be mighty embarrassing if he doesnt win MoTM tomorrow, as a player so far ahead of his time

Not at all, I refer you to my earlier post about the many variables in rugby or being a team game plus the fact that England have a plethora of world class players (especially in the forwards) of their own.

Im expecting a very competitive closely fought game. It will be embarrassing if England put 20-30 points on us I suppose and I wouldn't rule that out but I would be surprised.

That's the thing, he is so far ahead of his time he got the MOTM performance for this game a few years ago.

Not at all, I refer you to my earlier post about the many variables in rugby or being a team game plus the fact that England have a plethora of world class players (especially in the forwards) of their own.

Im expecting a very competitive closely fought game. It will be embarrassing if England put 20-30 points on us I suppose and I wouldn't rule that out but I would be surprised.
You cant use the small country mentality here I'm afraid. Pocock stood out even in cases where Australia were losing to the all blacks comfortably, so If he's that good, then he will be an all encompassing god of rugby, with a solar flare shining out of his bumhole

You cant use the small country mentality here I'm afraid. Pocock stood out even in cases where Australia were losing to the all blacks comfortably, so If he's that good, then he will be an all encompassing god of rugby, with a solar flare shining out of his bumhole

I seem to remember Tips shining in that Welsh loss at Twickenham not so long ago.

Yes, I recall South Africa winning 3 world cups with a blend of subtlety and finesse......

Yes, I recall South Africa winning 3 world cups with a blend of subtlety and finesse......
Yeah I've been thinking how many SH sides have not had a traditional openside and they've completely redefined the role in terms of how rugby is played....

Hooper, Cane, du Tout/Louw

Can't say any of those guys can't do the basics of being an openside.

well 95 is a bit of a stretch seeing as this was a totally different era to what I'm talking about but you make a fair point and I would say SA are the exception as they have their own unique culture and style of play but I'd still say that even though their strengths lie in their physicality their overall skill levels are a lot better too as demonstrated in the final that they totally embarrassed England in.

Latest posts