• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

In which case why are we not talking about him jumping over a player rather than out of a tackle?

As noted this conversation is very old now...
Oh I always talk very holistically ;)

Look no further: If the English have lost it is the fault of Gaüzère this horrible French referee who should be beheaded on the field.
Sad to say but it's always the same refrain, and a defeat with 40 points goes wrong.
The English would do better to look at what is wrong with their team and yet it is their least bad game in this 6N.
I agree the Williams try is not acceptable because of LRZ Knock on but Adams' one is valid.
But what about the 14 penalties in this match including 5 for Itoje how he could escape a yellow card, repeated indiscipline. I admit that the referee was rather picky but the images were reviewed and the fouls exist.
The English players are not bad but they lose a little bit of their means when they are dominated and Farell since the beginning of this tournament keeps discussing and challenging the decisions of the referees.
Eddie Jones has to make that observation.

As unacceptable as it is, the best way to deal with internet trolls isn't to announce on social media that they've made you cry.
The problem is, it doesn't matter either way the kind of vile abuse that drives people to the reaction is completely relentless. And they don't care if you actually cry, get reaction or not. They only care about sending the abuse. And we usually only see the surface level stuff most of the time.

Like the person who wrote that a game have them a eppelletic seizure. So people sent them videos to try to ensure them.

I'm surprised, I don't know what has to happen to cause a complaint. I don't think we've done so since Walsh (something about Cardiff). I can only assume they don't think it's worth doing and will only cause problems.

I'm surprised, I don't know what has to happen to cause a complaint. I don't think we've done so since Walsh (something about Cardiff). I can only assume they don't think it's worth doing and will only cause problems.
Probably as the two questionable decisions weren't result defining. If Wales had won by under a score they may have chanced their arm.

Last edited:
As unacceptable as it is, the best way to deal with internet trolls isn't to announce on social media that they've made you cry.
There is no internet troll but simply someone who after reading the many anti-Gaerzere posts about this wales/England match does not understand this relentlessness on the referee while the problems of the English defeat are elsewhere

Probably as the two questionable decisions weren't result defining. If Wales had won by under a score they may have raised an official complaint.
Possibly it's just a bit odd when you've had issues with same ref before.

The performance was bad all round (including to Wales) I think he wanted to blow his whistle at any minor infraction and not let the game flow. There were a lot technical infringements which weren't dangerous and wouldn't of gained an unfair advantage sometimes you have to let that stuff slide.

Did Ireland report Kaplan in 2011?
I know the IRB made a formal acknowledgement of the wrong call, and apologised to Ireland for it, but don't know if it was off their own back or not

There is no internet troll but simply someone who after reading the many anti-Gaerzere posts about this wales/England match does not understand this relentlessness on the referee while the problems of the English defeat are elsewhere
You can be anti-terrible-referee but also acknowledge that those decisions weren't the reason England lost

Sonja's a terrible interviewer, and always has been.
She's made a career out of being obnoxious, rude and disrespectful to people who are mentally and physically shot. Often asking questions that put the interviewee's job on the line if they give an honest answer.
I would be perfectly happy to never see her (or Jill Douglas, who's just as bad) pitchside at any sporting event, ever again. If she wants to know what questions she should be asking - look at just about any sporting interviewer who isn't herself or Jill.
She's also a media personality with more than 2 decades experience in the industry. She should know better (both not to ask those questions, and to expect a backlash if she does).

As for the feedback she's got off social media - without having seen the content, it mostly sounds like she's receiving a bit of karma - I wouldn't do it*, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Of course, it's social media, so I expect that a lot of that feedback was bigoted bull****, which absolutely no-one should have to put up with.

*I'm happy to talk about here in places like this, but I'd never tag her into the conversation, and would try to be polite if I met her in person.

Jesus wept,

Can't imagine being so angry after a win that you'd go and send death threats to the opposition

Of course, it's social media, so I expect that a lot of that feedback was bigoted bull****, which absolutely no-one should have to put up with.
I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that is far far far worse than that. You'd get a permanent ban for the stuff she's probably received. Heard personalities talk about it's pretty shocking what goes on once people decide to target you.

You also don't seem to understand I'm not talking about you.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that is far far far worse than that. You'd get a permanent ban for the stuff she's probably received. Heard personalities talk about it's pretty shocking what goes on once people decide to target you.
I hate humans

Can't imagine being so angry after a win that you'd go and send death threats to the opposition
Most of the replies to Sonja that I read were from Welsh people (I won't say fans) ranting that Owen Farrell was an arrogant c*nt for not answering her questions about the referee.

There were also lots of Welsh fans saying that the answers he gave were fine and no different to what any other captain would say btw.

Latest posts