• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Not really it follows what I said...we have Blamire starting, Fletcher ready now and developing, and young Charlie Smith for the lower comps. Both very talented lads.

3 local academy lads at different stages developing nicely then have 2 solid guys to mix in with Walker and Maddison.

Argentina international Pedro Rubiolo has joined Newcastle Falcons, the 20-year-old signing a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 6 foot 3 forward plays back row or second row, and landed yesterday to start with his new club.

Didn't know anything about this one....hopefully a big bruising 6 or 8...

Walder starting to put his stamp on the squad already.

A bit of a curious signing really. I'd have said that 6/8 is where Newcastle are best equipped. Surely the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Yes and no.
We have a lot of numbers but we've lost Mark Wilson last season, Will Welch is a permanent absence through injuries these days, Gary Graham similar and fearns for all he's been a brilliant signing needs to have his gametime managed.

We're missing some real heavyweight power with mobility. He's 6'3 and over 18st...so brings that. And we have young Freddie Lockwood is similar stats on loan with Jersey at the moment....

And it also means Robinson can just focus on lock rather than covering 6...

We do still need to address 9 and 10.....

We're missing some real heavyweight power with mobility. He's 6'3 and over 18st...so brings that. And we have young Freddie Lockwood is similar stats on loan with Jersey at the moment....
I didn't realise that Lockwood was on loan. He's the one that was very very highly rated towards the end of last season wasn't he? I'm surprised he wasn't held on to; he looked Prem ready.

Yeah he's very highly rated. He was loaned out to Jersey...a few falcons weren't quite sure why...but assuming it was to get regular gametime however its coincided with Graham, Welch etc all being out long term...and Robinson who's only just had a big shoulder operation so out for a long time now.

I'm assuming his loan is subject to being recalled...

Yes and no.
We have a lot of numbers but we've lost Mark Wilson last season, Will Welch is a permanent absence through injuries these days, Gary Graham similar and fearns for all he's been a brilliant signing needs to have his gametime managed.

And it also means Robinson can just focus on lock rather than covering 6...

We do still need to address 9 and 10.....
Would you take WHW back? or maybe lure someone like Robson/Simpson back? Billy Searle could do a job too as could Shillcock

Would you take WHW back? or maybe lure someone like Robson/Simpson back? Billy Searle could do a job too as could Shillcock
Talent wise yes. But he was too quick to jump shop so over all no I wouldn't.

We have two young lads...Josh Thomas and Johnson so hopefully one of them can come through.

Connon is solid for the moment but really It's 9 which is the issue.

Talent wise yes. But he was too quick to jump shop so over all no I wouldn't.

We have two young lads...Josh Thomas and Johnson so hopefully one of them can come through.

Connon is solid for the moment but really It's 9 which is the issue.
Fair enough, I think we would tbf but thats because i doubt Umaga or Atkinson would come back.

Didn't Kolisi sign a really long contract at sharks? Like 2027 or something?
Weird to leave after one season

Must admit I'm disappointed at that. Thought him and Crowley worked well at the 10-12 axis
He wanted international rugby and this move was agreed after emerging Ireland tour.
Money wasn't even the issue here and it is more the lure of international rugby

Given Healy's age I would imagine this is a bit of succession planning for life after Russell as well as good option from the bench until then. Kinghorn can't kick and is too one dimensional. Bit of a coup for Edinburgh and Scotland IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if Cooney follows him to Edinburgh.

Latest posts