• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Ghana all over the place defensively. Even if they do score I can see Uruguay scoring more.

Ouch Ghana keeper lands on his neck. Great save even if Canavi was offside.

Ghana have 8 mins to hold out and get revenge on Uruguay for 2010 without beating them.

Kudus is a baller, could see a move to a big league in Jan

Good riddance Uruguay, horrifically negative football, only themselves to blame.

Disgusting abuse and assault by the Uruguayan players at the end towards the officials. I hope all those involved get a long ban of some meaningful games

I learn something new with this World Cup: the whole curvature of the ball has to be over the line for it to be out of play, the player's arm pit is the cut off line for offside and apparently a goalie can just touch Messi's face after he's headed it for it to be a penalty.

View attachment 15612

View attachment 15613
Americans know this rule cause our youth coaches had to read the rule book instead of passing on knowledge from some rando who came before them

Americans know this rule cause our youth coaches had to read the rule book instead of passing on knowledge from some rando who came before them
Ah I guess they are the type who read terms and conditions of goods before they buy or the instructions to new tv/computer before they use it. 🤔

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

This is where the technical mm gets a bit absurd to me until a situation arises in a match which shows it up.

I personally think the rules do need updating since VAR has been introduced.

Pretty good summary of the group stage.

No team won 3/3. Those teams that won their first two France, Brazil and Portugal all lost their final game. Showing playing a largely 2nd team was not enough to win or draw coupled with not having the desire once qualification was assured. Surprised Brazil only scored 3 goals in 3 matches.

England did the best overall with 7/9 and +7 goal difference against top 20 opposition; although Wales were pretty awful overall. But still I think the USA game showed weaknesses.

The so called minnows are no longer and show gap in quality is much narrower.

Whether that is indication of the knockout stage remains to be seen. More shocks and surprises?

Having 5 subs and additional 1 on ET is going to help the teams with better strength in depth.

And then there's penalties.

hide GIF

Argentina and Australia have a good case to complain about the schedule. What were FIFA thinking giving them only 2 days to recover from their final group match?

Also FIFA's decision to go to 48 teams and 16 x 3 teams in the Group stage for 2026 will ruin the drama of this stage of the competition.

Last edited:
Was just about to say how much better USA look and then Netherlands score on their first attack lol

Bit of karma there,
Took a dive after a light brush from the opposition player and ended up getting kicked in the mouth by his own teammate

Latest posts