• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Sales big thing will be what to do about 7, both Curry brothers are out of contract end next season I think and you have Dugdale coming up.
Kinda resigned to losing one of the Currys - probably Ben
I thought Exeter, before, but if the Tigers rumours are true then...

I'd like to see Lood stay, on his day he's the best lock in the world IMO, and he'd stay marquee so that helps
From what I gather it's family reasons more than anything that makes him want to leave, though - think his wife and kid still live in RSA/can't move to the UK (Wife's work/qualifications don't carry across or something like that)

Kinda resigned to losing one of the Currys - probably Ben
I thought Exeter, before, but if the Tigers rumours are true then...

I'd like to see Lood stay, on his day he's the best lock in the world IMO, and he'd stay marquee so that helps
From what I gather it's family reasons more than anything that makes him want to leave, though - think his wife and kid still live in RSA/can't move to the UK (Wife's work/qualifications don't carry across or something like that)
It's a shame to split them up but 100% Ben would benefit from this... If we had the same issue with T/J Willis i would hate it im not gonna lie.

Tigers would make sense but i wonder cap wise how he could/would fit in? unless some of the Saffas are off? As fair as i was aware the squad was pretty tight to salary cap before Brink left.

Also Wasps re-sign Ollie Hartley to new contract from Senior Academy and promoted to First Team for next season. Imagine that Burger/Hartley may replace Gopps.

Also just on this... got a shout out from Ugo Monye not long ago and places Inside/Outside Centre and Fullback but is around 15st at 20 but is also 6ft 4 and has played with Charlie Atkinson for years..

6ft 4 is seriously tall for an inside centre.

Tigers would make sense but i wonder cap wise how he could/would fit in? unless some of the Saffas are off? As fair as i was aware the squad was pretty tight to salary cap before Brink left.
WRU will probably pressure Reffell to sign for a region, then lose another squad level player and that frees up enough to sign a first team level (i.e. Curry)

WRU will probably pressure Reffell to sign for a region, then lose another squad level player and that frees up enough to sign a first team level (i.e. Curry)
Good Spot. Where would you most like him to go if you were to lose him? Noticed his GF on Tiktok is a model, so imagine he's not tied down to one area close to home

Sharks has announced the signing of Etzebeth from Toulon on a long term contract until 2027. The Sharks owners are also finalising the purchase of Saracens so we might see some player movement on both sides if this is completed.

Dom Barrow signed for Sale after a trail.
A good local lad from the area I hear...

Seriously I'm interested to see if retirement has calmed him down.

Also just on this... got a shout out from Ugo Monye not long ago and places Inside/Outside Centre and Fullback but is around 15st at 20 but is also 6ft 4 and has played with Charlie Atkinson for years..

6ft 4 is seriously tall for an inside centre.
Oh to have a good, big inside centre … he eternal dream for England fans …

Hayden Hyde might be one to look out for too now he's back at Quins. Highly rated and also a big lad who plays 12/13.

Oh to have a good, big inside centre … he eternal dream for England fans …

Hayden Hyde might be one to look out for too now he's back at Quins. Highly rated and also a big lad who plays 12/13.
Haha if we can't have Estherhuizen.. then we will make our own. In all fairness, his feet were electric and has a lot of strings to his bow than just being big. I'd expect him to play a fair bit next season.

15 stone doesn't sound that much for a 20 year old 6ft 4 player

Estherhuizan strength isn't so much his height imo it's the fact he 18 stone with a nice slight of hand

Estherhuizan strength isn't so much his height imo it's the fact he 18 stone with a nice slight of hand
Sorry got weight wrong, just checked site and he's 16st 2lbs. obviously hadn't updated wiki.

For comparison.
Max Ojomoh is (officially, and therefore, not...) 15st6 and 5'11
We've also got Will Butt at (officially, etc...) 16st7 and 6'3

Latest posts