• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Re-signing rather than a transfer, but Johann Van Graan signs on at Bath until the end of 2029/30!

I have to say, I was sceptical of his signing; but so far, he's proven much better than I expected, and has gathered a good coaching crew around him, and appears to actually listen to them, and his medical staff.

29/30 is huge though.

Actually at first I thought it was like 7/8/9 years, but now it's more like 4/5/6, which doesn't seem as long. Where has this decade gone?

There we go! Makes sense Farrell comes to us and O'Conor goes West! We probably get the slightly raw end of that deal, but I do rate Tom Farrell quite highly
Farrell was out the door regardless. Was going to retire before we came enquiring

Steenson leaving Exeter at the end of the season - sounds like he might be joining the Ulster coaching staff

Kieran Wilkinson has signed for Falcons

Decent pickup for them,
Wonder how many more ex-Sale academy Dimes will be targeting

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

IMG_4869.jpeg
So the rumours are true, hopefully we can get some life back into him and he can help our young LHs to develop some more (although they are playing better than he is right now).

Not sure if these are academy graduates, or extending their stay in the academy. I'd guess the former, they all seem to be 20/21; but with the imposed academy shrinkage, it could be that that's who we're renewing.

Some more saints signings.

IMG_4871.jpeg

And some players let go

IMG_4872.png
Callum Braley
Joel Matavesi
Kayde Sylvester
Geordie Irvine
George Patten
Aston Gradwick-Light
Mathew Arden
Nick Tarr

Another really really promising Newcastle academy product goes elsewhere

Got themselves a really good player there

I've been half keeping an eye on him. Definitely potential but watching him it seems harsh judging his performances as Newcastle aren't great. Bit like watching Scarlets.

Be interesting to see where he ends up, if he expected to/wanted to see out his career at Gloucester I imagine he's wanting to stay in the area - Bristol announcing a new player at midday?

lol @ "starting to see the results"

Edit: Just noticed the Bristol tweet was actually from yesterday, and was about them announcing the Australia game. No idea about May then, if Gloucester have released him you've gotta think he's asking for a decent chunk of change.

Be interesting to see where he ends up, if he expected to/wanted to see out his career at Gloucester I imagine he's wanting to stay in the area - Bristol announcing a new player at midday?

lol @ "starting to see the results"

Edit: Just noticed the Bristol tweet was actually from yesterday, and was about them announcing the Australia game. No idea about May then, if Gloucester have released him you've gotta think he's asking for a decent chunk of change.

Sarries, he wants to win something.
But given his track record I think we can expect Sarries to win nothing for the next couple years

Latest posts