• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I'll believe it when I see it with Brownlee and Turner. Same rumours every april/may and rarely happens.
I've never heard either being linked before and realistically where would they get in over next few years with others coming through. Leinster have a big budget but a budget all the same. They won't be keeping a squad of 50+ guys.
I'd be expecting some guys to be cut like Max Deegan is supposedly 1 already told he is out. Rhys Ruddock is another.
Rhys had a good career and is possibly retiring. Max Deegan is a strange one. Doesn't want to leave and was offered to other provinces and now looks like he is being cut.

I meant same rumours every year about players leaving not Turner and Brownlee in particular.
Ruddock is retiring.

Again i'll believe Deegan is being cut when its announced he is leaving.

Don't get why welsh teams fans are upset, all 2 of them need to understand that the Leinster budget has nothing to do with them being crap
Jordie was on the cusp of signing for Ponty when Leinster jumped in with a bigger offer

I meant same rumours every year about players leaving not Turner and Brownlee in particular.
Ruddock is retiring.

Again i'll believe Deegan is being cut when its announced he is leaving.
But it has been as good as announced. He is out of contract and has no new deal on the table.

But it has been as good as announced. He is out of contract and has no new deal on the table.
Fair enough I expect official news of that will be announced in good time. I expect some squad members will move on as they do every year.

so who else is leaving leinster then?

Last edited:
Jordie was on the cusp of signing for Ponty when Leinster jumped in with a bigger offer
Sorry, but abbreviating a Welsh town to Ponty is like me abbreviating an Irish one to Bally. It's every second town!

Also someone needs to teach Leinster how bidding works. the logical jump from a subsidised go on the bumper cars at Barry Island is not 200K

Don't get why welsh teams fans are upset, all 2 of them need to understand that the Leinster budget has nothing to do with them being crap
Leinster exist - Welsh fans angry.

They despise the URC and IRFU and think the system is set up for them to fail. They also think their union is incompetent (which it is) but they need the first one for some outward projection.

Some English fans are angry because they think that because they impose a salary cap on themselves (and I know it has its merits, more clubs etc…) that everyone else should too.

Ulster and Connacht fans are happy because they don't have the budget to retain players - slightly valid but producing 1 or 2 internationals each would soon fix this.

Munster fans are angry because it's Leinster.

Scottish fans don't know how to feel.

I reckon the French are thinking "fair play".

If Leinster don't win Europe next year the slagging will be fierce!

Leinster exist - Welsh fans angry.

They despise the URC and IRFU and think the system is set up for them to fail. They also think their union is incompetent (which it is) but they need the first one for some outward projection.

Some English fans are angry because they think that because they impose a salary cap on themselves (and I know it has its merits, more clubs etc…) that everyone else should too.

Ulster and Connacht fans are happy because they don't have the budget to retain players - slightly valid but producing 1 or 2 internationals each would soon fix this.

Munster fans are angry because it's Leinster.

Scottish fans don't know how to feel.

I reckon the French are thinking "fair play".

If Leinster don't win Europe next year the slagging will be fierce!
the slagging has been fierce every year they dont win.. which is more often than not..

Fair enough I expect official news of that will be announced in good time. I expect some squad members will move on as they do every year.

so who else is leaving leinster then?
Who else is the big question.

Me speaking from hearing inside rumours are: (All before Jordie Barrett news)
- Milne is now staying.
- Frawley will be pushed out.
- Deegan gone.
- Ed Byrne To Ulster
- Soroka to Munster

Nice to see Bleyendaal back in Ireland! Was always a big fan of him as a player, and glad his coaching career is going well after he had near constant injuries as a player.

He's alright, I feel he's vulnerable in the scrum quite a bit, and was very happy when I heard Nicky Smith was his replacement.
That being said if he's viewed as a 3rd choice LH you could do a lot worse.

Latest posts