• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Will be a great decision long term as less taxing in terms of collisions and he will be better recovered from injuries.
And that is before considering it a great opportunity.

Also from next season and may be linked to rumours of Leinster players going here, there and everywhere.
Provinces will now have to contribute 30% or so to Central Contracts.
It is said this will have an effect of €3-4m hit on Leinster budget but will be gradually addressed over the next 18 months.

Not sure this is fully the answer either.

It absolutely can't be €3-4m on Leinster, numbers are wrong there, would suggest the average central contract is worth over €1m.

Can't wait to boo Keenan at the Olympics as he collects a bronze medal in recompense for Zebo!

I think Keenan will be sick for us at 7s. I really didn't think we would translate anyone over.

EDIT: Tom Farrell confirmed to Munster. Wow, didn't see this coming.

It absolutely can't be €3-4m on Leinster, numbers are wrong there, would suggest the average central contract is worth over €1m.
Not sure of numbers. I'm sure noone really knows but they said central contract are worth approx €6-7m.
30% is around €1.8m to €2.1m.

Not sure where the other €0.9m-€1.2m in cost is factored in

Not sure of numbers. I'm sure noone really knows but they said central contract are worth approx €6-7m.
30% is around €1.8m to €2.1m.

Not sure where the other €0.9m-€1.2m in cost is factored in
Im also dubious of those numbers. 600-700k seems high for the average CC, it's what Sexton was said to be on and no one is getting paid more than him.

Again can't disagree. Not sure what the actual figure is. That is only what is reported. The only solid number we have is 30% of the contracts
I think it's a good system anyway. Do hope they use it to add a few more CCs and for it eventually work out as essentially making sure the provinces don't have to pay more for a player than they already were as a result of them getting regular games for the national side.

I think it's a good system anyway. Do hope they use it to add a few more CCs and for it eventually work out as essentially making sure the provinces don't have to pay more for a player than they already were as a result of them getting regular games for the national side.
Well take Leinster as an example they effectively do get bones of an extra €1.5m on to wage bill. Is that at cost of now forcing lads like Sam Prendergast to move? Are they being forced to trim fringe lads now. Again I don't know and it may work like hard to tell but I suppose it is been monitored so that can only be a good thing. I'd be more annoyed as a Leinster fan if lads like Prendergast were lost at cost of a Jordie Barrett 6 month deal or RG Snyman 1 year deal. But I would think it hurts replacing these guys in a year with same quality as budget will now have to be redrafted. Now again that is just me thinking out loud. None of us know exact wage per central contract and system is muddied up so much purposely to hide that. It's how IRFU always done business.
I just hope we do eventually move away from Central deals to more a reimbursement based on games for national team. So for example it doesn't hinder us in having guys retained in a national squad as they are on CC.

Well take Leinster as an example they effectively do get bones of an extra €1.5m on to wage bill. Is that at cost of now forcing lads like Sam Prendergast to move? Are they being forced to trim fringe lads now. Again I don't know and it may work like hard to tell but I suppose it is been monitored so that can only be a good thing. I'd be more annoyed as a Leinster fan if lads like Prendergast were lost at cost of a Jordie Barrett 6 month deal or RG Snyman 1 year deal. But I would think it hurts replacing these guys in a year with same quality as budget will now have to be redrafted. Now again that is just me thinking out loud. None of us know exact wage per central contract and system is muddied up so much purposely to hide that. It's how IRFU always done business.
I just hope we do eventually move away from Central deals to more a reimbursement based on games for national team. So for example it doesn't hinder us in having guys retained in a national squad as they are on CC.
Prendergast won't be lost. I think the cost will be the Ross Moloney types. Might make it harder to fight on two fronts but I don't see much change. Handled the reduced budgets following the Heineken Cup shake up well.

Producing lots of talent will never go unrewarded in any sport at any level with any salary rules. Saints are a more extreme example of this than what Leinster will face.

Conor Doherty has signed a two year extension with us but going on loan to Newcastle for next season,
Think that works out well for all parties - really rate him but he needs more game time to improve and don't think we can give him that with Naya here next year

Morgan to Ulster confirmed. Great signing for them, because anybody who can play 10 would be a great signing for them.

Yoooo slightly taller SH Michael Lowry just dropped.

A good signing for them. Will probably be a bit of a project, but no harm.
Yeah he is IQ so if he goes well he could bolt in to an Irish squad.
Interesting to see what Richie Murphy can do with him.

Abrahams signing confirmed. Not the big money one we were teased (Jackman is full of shite, shock), but one I'm pretty pleased with. I've rated him from what I saw in the URC and out and out flyers are pretty rare in Ireland.

Obviously not the primary position I'd like a signing, but very solid.

Abrahams signing confirmed. Not the big money one we were teased (Jackman is full of shite, shock), but one I'm pretty pleased with. I've rated him from what I saw in the URC and out and out flyers are pretty rare in Ireland.

Obviously not the primary position I'd like a signing, but very solid.
Yeah we got him relatively cheap. Certainly not here for pay. We hadn't much other positions that could use NIQ on as front row is out.

Also all our academy year 3 except for Okeke and also Gleeson got senior deals. I think we have great depth now if we keep everyone fit.

It out there a bit but I think there is su stance to that Dan Brennan will join next year also

Yeah we got him relatively cheap. Certainly not here for pay. We hadn't much other positions that could use NIQ on as front row is out.

Also all our academy year 3 except for Okeke and also Gleeson got senior deals. I think we have great depth now if we keep everyone fit.

It out there a bit but I think there is su stance to that Dan Brennan will join next year also
I've seen Dan Brennan rumoured, but thought it was just people throwing names out. Would make sense for us, he's big IQ and put of contract seemingly.

a guy of his size would be hugely attractive to the Irish system.we are actively flogging Porter and while McCarthy and Boyle look mustard there's a good bit until they're ready.

Brennan might not be at the standard yet but props are funny. Sometimes it just starts to happen. I would never have guessed Finlay bealham would turn into such a good tight head.

a guy of his size would be hugely attractive to the Irish system.we are actively flogging Porter and while McCarthy and Boyle look mustard there's a good bit until they're ready.

Brennan might not be at the standard yet but props are funny. Sometimes it just starts to happen. I would never have guessed Finlay bealham would turn into such a good tight head.
He's definitely the type of player they'll take a punt in if he's happy enough to give up on France. Rare size, and even if he's shite nothing lost from the IRFU side. Lads of his profile don't spring up from the ground.

Latest posts