• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England vs Italy - 12 February 2023

Typically solid from England v Italy, although nice that Italy fought a bit second half.

A few nice new/returning faces which is definitely positive. A lot of work to do on attacking shape, making life difficult for the playmaker through lack of options, tough to build that in 9 months too. Italy are putting defenders in far more difficult positions, just got absolutely beat up today.

Ben Young's International career died today, shame.

No clue, it was comms who said it. I've also got Lozowski and Francis to make it 9. Not sure if Daly ever paired with him?
I was thinking someone weird like did he overlap with the Banahan at 12 experiment? Or maybe a Coka at 12 in a RWC warm-up.

Francis I probably shoulda got - don't remember him playing alongside Loz, but it sounds right
Burgess?

I was thinking someone weird like did he overlap with the Banahan at 12 experiment? Or maybe a Coka at 12 in a RWC warm-up.

Francis I probably shoulda got - don't remember him playing alongside Loz, but it sounds right
He was at the same time as Burgess.

Possibly Ben Curry's as well.
feels really harsh on him but if you'd don't put your hand up and that position is reasonably well stocked you have to expect it, consider yourself unlucky but that's the only reason I can think why he wouldn't be given time and Dombrandt would.

Interesting game. Glad we won and some positives around the set peice. Work on the basics first.

Willis led the defence so well and has cemented a place at 6/7 I hope.

Dombrandt I'm yet to be convinced but I'm happy to stick with for now.

Lawrence has so much more but a good performance at 12 and looks absolutely fine in all aspects. Hopefully we see more. Mixed with Slade/Farrell well

Farnell better at 10 but a couple of really frustrating kicks. Smith would've been ripped for.

Building something I hope. We're years behind some teams but we've got the quality to catch up quickly.

Despite Wales playing poorly, I can see them getting fired up for England in Cardiff. Our defence at the start was good but the intensity fell off a lot at half time and didn't return. This has happened twice and sides will know that England's defensive shape gets pretty bad towards the end of the game.

My main criticism of Borthwick atm that is within his control is his choice of subs and how they are used / who they replace. They have been pretty universally poor.

A couple of pleasing performances from Willis and Lawrence.

Largely done and dusted by half time - good. Losing the the second half - bad.

Job done, but Italy weren't great and despite some decent results their performance was probably a fairer reflection of where they actually are. Better teams than them will bank the points against our defence though.

Comfortable enough but fairly uninspiring.

So happy for the win and some good performances.

Replacements are confusing, Earl should have come on for Ludlam, Willis was having a great game and real nuisance at the breakdown. Earl did smash it when he came on.

Isiekwe still doesnt fill me with confidence and is not a back rower.

Mako and Cole seem passed it, though Cole at least is on form.

Smith didnt come on for Faz, at 72 min.

So happy for the win and some good performances.

Replacements are confusing, Earl should have come on for Ludlam, Willis was having a great game and real nuisance at the breakdown. Earl did smash it when he came on.

Isiekwe still doesnt fill me with confidence and is not a back rower.

Mako and Cole seem passed it, though Cole at least is on form.

Smith didnt come on for Faz, at 72 min.
Yep, 3 locks bo-locks and Smith-Farrell failure by the end of the game. It had started so well with 1-15, but the replacements were back to the bad old days.

Agree..

Why is Isiekwe at 6??

Mako needs replaced

Cole we know is a short term option but is there really noone else?

Dombrandt...ahh he's not doing himself any favours....

Latest posts