• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

FrWvr-rXwA8j00B
FrWvqLHWcAA8ame

Make or break for Dombrandt, surprised to see him starting.

Unless Manu magically steps up where he's currently at, I can't see the impact that is hoped for.

It would be nice to see if Slade can play Rugby this Six Nations, hard to tell.

I'm glad Arundel is starting, at least to put some questions in Irish minds.

Meh

Didn't want Farrell, JvP or Dombrandt to start, nor Slade really
Happy Marchant is in the mix, though, but he'll probably get a handful of minutes and probably on the wing as I reckon if Smith gets > 60s it'll be on for a centre with Farrell shifting out

I hope I'm wrong but I think Arundell might get show up, still got the bad taste of his last game for Irish in mind

Owen Farrell will return to England's starting line-up to face Ireland on Saturday, despite battling an ankle injury this week. The concern over the England captain's fitness meant that Marcus Smith and George Ford remained in the mix to start in Dublin.
Oh and Farrell ain't even fully fit, great

Make or break for Dombrandt, surprised to see him starting.

Unless Manu magically steps up where he's currently at, I can't see the impact that is hoped for.

It would be nice to see if Slade can play Rugby this Six Nations, hard to tell.

I'm glad Arundel is starting, at least to put some questions in Irish minds.
Never really convinced me in an England shirt. The odd flash of brilliance here or there (such as our last win in Dublin) but more often than not he's anonymous. Like you say I've hardly noticed him this tournament.

Meh

Didn't want Farrell, JvP or Dombrandt to start, nor Slade really
Happy Marchant is in the mix, though, but he'll probably get a handful of minutes and probably on the wing as I reckon if Smith gets > 60s it'll be on for a centre with Farrell shifting out

I hope I'm wrong but I think Arundell might get show up, still got the bad taste of his last game for Irish in mind
Im in 2 minds because coming into this tournement i wanted to see Faz Manu Slade or Smith Manu Slade.

Arundell... still on the hype train so hope this kid gets a real chance to show what he can do...but that was bad game yes.

Thing is with Arundell in games where teams have clearly prepared for him he's been useless.

Thinking back to the Prem cup game v worcester.

His highlight performances generally came against teams who prob had no idea who he was.

Andy Farrell being a defence coach by trade will clearly know him and how best to prepare against him, and outside his attack he's pretty meh in defence.

I think Mack might take more playmaking responsibility on to ease the burden on Henshaw. If he has a top class defensive performance, which he generally does at a minimum, we'll be fine down that channel.

Probably worth pointing out that when we scored Hansen's try at the weekend, Sexton was at the bottom of a ruck.

Thing is with Arundell in games where teams have clearly prepared for him he's been useless.

Thinking back to the Prem cup game v worcester.

His highlight performances generally came against teams who prob had no idea who he was.

Andy Farrell being a defence coach by trade will clearly know him and how best to prepare against him, and outside his attack he's pretty meh in defence.
Why do you think Arundell will get his hands on the ball.

Farrell back at 10 is just **** chopping and changing like this helps no one. Glad I'll be elsewhere.

Place your bets on England's brilliant new strategy to really stick it to the Irish being box kicks, other kicks and 1 out passing to static players? Farrell to absolutely butcher at least 2 overlaps.

I've found it funny when people talk about Farrell as a "2nd distributor" when he has so frequently NOT distributed the ball leading to butchering overlaps. He's a kicker, that's it and a poor one at that.

Latest posts