• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v France - 11 February 2023

We should show Wayne Barnes this angle of view

image.jpg
Why is Barnes to blame, he couldn't have seen it in real time the TMO failed to see it when looked at immediately after, I can understand frustrations but in this instance they seem miss placed.

Why is Barnes to blame, he couldn't have seen it in real time the TMO failed to see it when looked at immediately after, I can understand frustrations but in this instance they seem miss placed.
We don't know if the TMO had that angle

We should show Wayne Barnes this angle of view

image.jpg
You could tell from the first angle too due to shadows and toe.

Questions should be asked as to why it was not shown. I also feel wouldn't be unfair to say French TV coverage notorious for those kind of shenanigans themselves. I like none of this in rugby, perhaps TMO should have special training and direct control? After this season I'm honestly leaning towards removing TMO altogether, been some cracking matches without them.

If you are honest, you will tell me that Wayne Barns participated in the victory of Ireland. Yes there is frustration when there is injustice. And it's not the first time that Wayne Barns has made irreparable mistakes against France.

Brief. Congratulations for Ireland.👍

We don't know if the TMO had that angle
I agree entirely, I was more saying if he can't obtain and show the angles how can Barnes be to blame, no by proxy that makes him automatically to blame.

If you are honest, you will tell me that Wayne Barns participated in the victory of Ireland. Yes there is frustration when there is injustice. And it's not the first time that Wayne Barns has made irreparable mistakes against France.

It wasn't Barnes's best game by far

It was a great game but I thought the score was flattering to France. Ireland controlled the vast majority of the game and looked the better team. France are not the team they were last year and I can't put my finger on why.

France look excellent on paper, but I can see them getting a couple of earlyish tries to stay in contention, then drifting behind as Ireland keep the scoreboard ticking over before going AWOL in the second half as Ireland put them in a sleeper hold.

Ireland by 17
I was 4 points out but it went as expected. 13 French points in the first 21 mins, 3 in the next 20 and only 3 points for them in the entire second half - whilst Ireland kept things fairly consistent throughout the match. A massive morale boost for Ireland if these two meet in the RWC.

France in no way looking like World No.1 contenders to Ireland and Boks.

Before anyone concludes Ross Byrne is dah man, France were offering very little at the point he came on. He was never under any pressure. The jury is still completely out on that one to my mind.

Will I? If I'm honest I will tell you on another day or another ref would have given that as a red card (despite my beliefs it was the correct call) in which case France with 14 for the majority probably lose by considerably more, it's also worth mentioning that the margin was greater than the 5 gained from that try, you could say that decision changes the game in general but it didn't exactly stop France trying to turn it on. The reality is Ireland were the marginally better team on the day and deserved winners, the defeat maybe what France need pre home WC to refocus etc, I don't think the officiating was the best I've seen but if we want to go down that route I can name many French refs who have been considerably worse, then there is the discussion of Frances cameras going missing during replays far to frequently, stones and glass houses spring to mind here.

Yeah I believe he's part of a conspiracy against South Africa.

Congrats both teams on a great game and Ireland on the win. Ireland look so well organised. Everyone seems to be on the same page. Ultimately, at the end France got nothing at breakdown from Ireland and lost the kicking battle. Ireland kept them pegged back and forced France to become desperate.

Still come November, could be a completely different story.

TMO repeatedly told Barnes that there was clear evidence of foot in touch.
Barnes ignored him - didn't ask for clarity, just blanked him.

Yeah that was definitely weird. Still think Ireland deserved to win, but if that's not given would they have been in the position to suffocate France?

Great game. Lowe has a brilliant finish but sneaky to only show the angle that mattered after the try was awarded. Doris is the best 8 in the world right now. What a game he played. Ireland already won the world cup on social media I see. Counting chickens is one of my favorite things to see in rugby.

I didn't catch that I had the volume down at that point as the Irish commentary was pretty terrible, was enjoying BK before that though, unless Wayne was presented with the angle shown at half time that certainly wasn't on TV until then, there wasn't a clear and obvious foot in touch to disallow the try.

Great game. Lowe has a brilliant finish but sneaky to only show the angle that mattered after the try was awarded. Doris is the best 8 in the world right now. What a game he played. Ireland already won the world cup on social media I see. Counting chickens is one of my favorite things to see in rugby.
I've been telling French lads they're better than us in France.

Dublin, no one has a chance.

Lot of fair weathers.

Latest posts