• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v France - 11 February 2023

I've been telling French lads they're better than us in France.

Dublin, no one has a chance.

Lot of fair weathers.
I can't understand how anyone thinks France are better than Ireland. This is the best Irish team in their history imo. They have always been a team who relied on one or two talismans. This time rou d they have a well oiled machine with no egos. Perfect mix of youth and experience. They are number one for a reason, but the next 3 teams are all capable of beating them. What a world cup we have coming, stupid draw aside.

I can't understand how anyone thinks France are better than Ireland. This is the best Irish team in their history imo. They have always been a team who relied on one or two talismans. This time rou d they have a well oiled machine with no egos. Perfect mix of youth and experience. They are number one for a reason, but the next 3 teams are all capable of beating them. What a world cup we have coming, stupid draw aside.
Oh yeah, today confirmed us as the best team in the world. But against France in Paris they're mild favourites.

Some queues for bars in Dublin rn....

Oh yeah, today confirmed us as the best team in the world. But against France in Paris they're mild favourites.

Some queues for bars in Dublin rn....
Yeah but that's cause the French TMO is player 16. France are excellent, but they just have something missing. I don't know what it is but something is missing. Ireland are in their golden generation. The thing that saddens me the most is that BOD wasn't part of this team. 😂 Ireland just seem to have very few weaknesses right now.

Yeah but that's cause the French TMO is player 16. France are excellent, but they just have something missing. I don't know what it is but something is missing. Ireland are in their golden generation. The thing that saddens me the most is that BOD wasn't part of this team. 😂 Ireland just seem to have very few weaknesses right now.
I think France have more players capable of something special. However, Ireland are a complete team and that includes the bench. They are all on the same page and all know what their job is.

I think France have more players capable of something special. However, Ireland are a complete team and that includes the bench. They are all on the same page and all know what their job is.
Yup that's why I said, a well oiled machine. The only enemy they have right now is injuries. Berne might be crocked by the look of it. Henderson is not a bad backup though, but imagine Sexton, Doris, vdF or Sheehan crocked for the WC. Let's hope their best get through the rest of the tourney unscathed.

This Ireland team or going to take some stopping. They strangled the French and beat them at the ruck.

England should take note of Ireland's consistency of selection and the importance they place on clarity of tactics. Doris and Ringrose are the best in their positions in the world currently.

France as I've been saying for some time have too many big tall forwards. It's no surprise they get moved around they are giving away turnovers or penalties

Even though they were handful to contain at times we should have won by more. Left a lot of points on their line. Barnes let them away with a lot at the breakdown too.

Bealham locking out the scrum and O'Toole making real impact was a huge plus.

Ryan should have won MOTM. His workrate was insane.

Biggest thing is, while France were always in the game up till the last bit, Ireland still never looked like losing. That's what makes a team the best. When they are always in control.

I didn't catch that I had the volume down at that point as the Irish commentary was pretty terrible, was enjoying BK before that though, unless Wayne was presented with the angle shown at half time that certainly wasn't on TV until then, there wasn't a clear and obvious foot in touch to disallow the try.

My apologies.
BBC just played it with clearer audio from the ref's mic. TMO "I haven't got clear evidence of foot in touch"
I missed the "n't" repeatedly, live.

My apologies.
BBC just played it with clearer audio from the ref's mic. TMO "I haven't got clear evidence of foot in touch"
I missed the "n't" repeatedly, live.
Then I assume he didn't have that rear angle shot, because that was pretty obvious

Watching the game back now. Barnes should never be allowed ref a game of rugby again in his life. Not giving Antonio a red is disgusting, pathetic reffing.

Both sides pretty much spent after the first half exertion. The changes to speed up the game and keep the ball in play more are having an effect. If it continues we may see smaller/fitter players getting selected more often.

I cannot see France scoring more than 7 points in the last ten (probably zero) so any Irish score probably kills this.
Why are you so good?

Semi final for us? Pls say yes

Before anyone concludes Ross Byrne is dah man, France were offering very little at the point he came on. He was never under any pressure. The jury is still completely out on that one to my mind.
Not that guy but he looks like a 10 who can play intense rugby all of a sudden.

Pollard level to me rn, and sure that's all you need.

Watching the game back now. Barnes should never be allowed ref a game of rugby again in his life. Not giving Antonio a red is disgusting, pathetic reffing.
He drank so much he became South African

You'll be called up for Scotland by the end of the month

He drank so much he became South African

You'll be called up for Scotland by the end of the month
Ive a Scottish surname and I'd literally be the best 10 the "country"'s ever seen.

Still, baby call, Barnes has admitted he's bottled big games before and today was a continuation.

It was obviously a terrible call but I'm glad Barnes made a balls of the decision. I wanted to see where we stood with France. No excuses. We got closer to them in Paris than they got to us in Dublin. That'll do for me. We know we can take them now. Leinster mangling their clubs in Europe at home in the coming months will shore that view up nicely!

Even though they'll be the hosts and have unbelievable talent in the squad I'd rather run into them than NZ. In the group stages if they beat NZ I'd actually throw the game against South Africa. The draw is terrible for us like. Even the order of games has us at a disadvantage. South Africa, Scotland, Quarter Final in consecutive weeks will be unbelievably testing. The Boks will soften up every team they play against at the tournament. It's what they do at world cups. Let them play our B team.

First half was an absolutely fantastic game. There was an inevitable let down at the beginning of the second half, but great game overall. If that ends up being a QF or dare I say it the final in the RWC it will be even better.

great game and bravo aux Irlandais, no shame for les Bleus to lose in Dublin against such a team.