• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

3-point and 2-point PGs

Would anyone be open to referees awarding 3 pointers? Similar to penalty tries?
Have a 40 meter line and teams who keep committing penalties have points given against the team or offer give the option to the other team to kick to touch or run it?

Have a kick off after the penalty point is awarded.

(I never post but been following this forum since 2014 I'd say)

Would anyone be open to referees awarding 3 pointers? Similar to penalty tries?
Have a 40 meter line and teams who keep committing penalties have points given against the team or offer give the option to the other team to kick to touch or run it?

Have a kick off after the penalty point is awarded.

(I never post but been following this forum since 2014 I'd say)

I kind of like the idea of a couple of non dangerous pens like accidental offside or crossing as a 'turn over'. Meaning the offence is committed and the ball is turned over in a non set piece option. So you can kick for territory( same rules apply with regards to out on the full) or tap and go.

Some accidental offences like the ones i said above will lead to a penalty but is not a major offence but rather a mistake by the attacking team. Losing the possession is the best way to restart quickly with no option of scrum or line out.

Keep Pen kicks as 3 points but have 3 tiers.

Penalty as it currently is but only for deliberate or dangerous offences

Free kicks as is

'Turn over' same as free kick but no option for scrum basicly. for accidental offences to get a quick restart to the game and to not penalise offences that come under the bracket of a mistake.

I kind of like the idea of a couple of non dangerous pens like accidental offside or crossing as a 'turn over'. Meaning the offence is committed and the ball is turned over in a non set piece option. So you can kick for territory( same rules apply with regards to out on the full) or tap and go.

Some accidental offences like the ones i said above will lead to a penalty but is not a major offence but rather a mistake by the attacking team. Losing the possession is the best way to restart quickly with no option of scrum or line out.

Keep Pen kicks as 3 points but have 3 tiers.

Penalty as it currently is but only for deliberate or dangerous offences

Free kicks as is

'Turn over' same as free kick but no option for scrum basicly. for accidental offences to get a quick restart to the game and to not penalise offences that come under the bracket of a mistake.

How about 1-point from FK?

The new WR guidance on high tackles and shoulder charges is going to significantly increase the numbers of cards given for dangerous play. There will be a steady culture change in the game over the next 2-3 years as players and coaches realise they can't get away with targeting the head or neck anymore. This will probably go a long way to achieving the sentiment of what the OP is suggesting.

If you're going to change points around how about 3 for a conversion and 1 for a drop goal, or even bin drop goals altogether?

Latest posts