3 Wishes for Next Season

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
What three things do you think your side should look to add/do to seriously improve their chances for next year? Feasibility is not an issue.

For Leinster I'd go with:

1) Bring Johnny Sexton home - Best 10 in the Northern Hemisphere, the most important player to the way Leinster have played for the past number of years.

2) A top class backs coach - We've been horrendously ponderous in our back play this year. While Matt O'Connor's record at Leicester was very good with respect to producing tries, clearly something isn't working at the moment. Someone who can get us moving over the gain line again would be huge.

3) A shiny new 13/A fit Luke Fitzgerald - We need someone to play 13, pure and simple.

Munster.

1. Backs Coach to really let us utilize the skill we have at our disposal in a meaningful and effective way. And to get our backs being a unit reading each other.

2. A more consistent run with correct attitudes

3. Another 9 to back Murray up

Munster.

1. Backs Coach to really let us utilize the skill we have at our disposal in a meaningful and effective way. And to get our backs being a unit reading each other.

2. A more consistent run with correct attitudes

3. Another 9 to back Murray up

I could see Cooney ending up at Munster when his contract is up. While Leinster will need two scrum halves when Reddan and Boss go (most likely at the end of 2015) I think we'd be better served by bringing James Hart back if we can get him and having him play in tandem with one of McGrath or Cooney. McGrath is probably the more naturally talented and is certainly favored by MOC, so Cooney may have to look elsewhere. Certainly a good enough player to be Murray's backup.

I could see Cooney ending up at Munster when his contract is up. While Leinster will need two scrum halves when Reddan and Boss go (most likely at the end of 2015) I think we'd be better served by bringing James Hart back if we can get him and having him play in tandem with one of McGrath or Cooney. McGrath is probably the more naturally talented and is certainly favored by MOC, so Cooney may have to look elsewhere. Certainly a good enough player to be Murray's backup.

Well if ye want we can do it fairly and take McGrath and give ye Williams!! Now ye would be getting a bargain and practically robbing us but we can get over that.
Must say on direct swaps I think Conway had he been fit all season would've been a starter for us. Since he's swapped he's been good and shows maybe sometimes guys should move between provinces

for edinburgh my three wishes are:

1.) buy Tom Heathcote for 10 since edinburgh only have one 10 for next season i hope the target heathcote

2.) Sean Kennedy to start at 9 for edinburgh

3.) make Meggetland Sports Complex they're main home stadium instead off murrayfield (bt stadium)

Last edited:
I'm cheap, I've got just one wish: for Feic to get rid of that condescending, teasing gif on his avatar. Gahh !! even the weird 8-bit black dude swinging his arms was bearable in comparison !

I'm cheap, I've got just one wish: for Feic to get rid of that condescending, teasing gif on his avatar. Gahh !! even the weird 8-bit black dude swinging his arms was bearable in comparison !

I refer you to the text of the gif.

AAAAAAAARRRGGHH !!!!!!! :p Now I bet you'll keep it on even longer than you first expected ! There are moment when I stop and stare at that face for a good 5-6 seconds, read the text again, watch the weird clip and then quickly turn to something else.

OI! No-one insults the awesomeness that is 8 bit Carlton :mad:

8-bit-carlton.gif

:cryy:
ohhh...I just got it. The polite intellectual cousin from Fresh Prince ?
I know it's going to sound a tad exaggerated, but that .gif is near Satanic.

:cryy:
ohhh...I just got it. The polite intellectual cousin from Fresh Prince ?
I know it's going to sound a tad exaggerated, but that .gif is near Satanic.

I believe the word you're looking for is GLORIOUS!

WP & Stormers

1) completely clean house in both management and coaching staff
We have a clueless 'old boys club' 'ring-fenced' set up here with the CEO an outspoken Crusaders and All Blacks supporter FFS.

2) get a game plan
I blame our 1 dimensional approach for our failure to step up in critical games and the fact that we have for the past 3 years been the team with the most injuries.

3) get a world class halfback pairing
Feasibility is not an issue so I say the IRB allows Beauden Barrit to play for both the WP and Springbokke after he falls in love with a nice Cape Town girl while Fourie du Preez moves to Cape Town after shedding the years living in Japan.

1) I would like to see Mauro and Mirco Bergamasco see start a game together.

2) NZ win the RWC :)

3) Some minor nations to upset bigger teams during the RWC

Quins:

1. Sign a couple of big forwards, especially an enforcer style lock. We need the grunt and have missed Ollie Kohn a lot.

2. Perform better in Europe. Haven't seen us have anything more than an average run in a while.

3. Replace JTH at 12 with someone who can tackle and distribute and hopefully have a 13 outside him who stays fit.

England:

1. Drop Chris Ashton

2. Win the World Cup

3. Don't recall Ashton after he scores a couple of tries off the back of an outrageously dominant Sarries team and the press goes goey for him.

Sale:
1) A new tighthead. Cobilas is good but can't play 80mins every game. There's talk of Di Marchi or Lewis-Roberts switching to 3, but I'd rather an actual 3 come in.
2) Some real pace. Brady, Cueto, Arscott and McLean are all great readers of the game and top quality footballers but we lack someone with that extra % of gas to exploit a half break.
3) Cipriani to sign an extension. He had the option to leave after 2 years but looks to have stayed (nobody's announced signing him, and he looks to have really bought in to the team spirit at Sale - there's been rumours of Gloucester and Tigers chasing him, but I don't believe them). When his contract's up, if he maintains this form, he'll be on the radar for any number of clubs - Sarries will lose Charlie next year, I reckon, and Wasps Goode - I'm very nervous about those two coming knocking.

Gloucester
1. A good DOR
2. A good defence coach
3. A good fly-half/goal kicker

The rest is absolutely grand. I am positively optimistic about every other position for Gloucester.

Gloucester
1. A good DOR
2. A good defence coach
3. A good fly-half/goal kicker

The rest is absolutely grand. I am positively optimistic about every other position for Gloucester.

If your pack going to be up to standard do you think?

Seems like everyone's chipping in here regardless of where their team comes from! Personally for the Chiefs I'd love to see Richard Kahui return from Japan, Ben Afeaki play a full season (only played one match this year due to concussion!) and another Super Rugby ***le!

For Ulster

1. A trophy. I don't care if rabo or heineken but we need a trophy

2. Our young talents keep on improving and become constant internationals

3. A fully fit squad with no terrible injuries to key players eg Olding and Fez

For Ireland

1. Win all games under Schmidt including world cup (we can dream)

2. Bring through young talents and have really good depth in the squad

3. Have an understanding of our future captain after Paulie

Last edited:

Latest posts