• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

3rd Bledisloe Cup Match 27/10/2018 Yokohama

Brigantine

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Japan
Have they announced the teams yet? All I heard is 3 of the AB squad have been released to play for the World XV against Japan tomorrow instead.

New Zealand:
15 Damian McKenzie
14 Ben Smith
13 Ryan Crotty
12 Sonny Bill Williams
11 Rieko Ioane
10 Beauden Barrett
9 TJ Perenara
8 Kieran Read (c)
7 Ardie Savea
6 Liam Squire
5 Scott Barrett
4 Samuel Whitelock
3 Owen Franks
2 Codie Taylor
1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Karl Tu'inukuafe, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Brodie Retallick, 20 Matt Todd, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Richie Mo'unga, 23 Anton Lienert-Brown

Australia: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Sefa Naivalu, 13 Israel Folau, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 David Pocock, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Izack Rodda, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Folau Faingaa, 1 Scott Sio

Replacements (one to be omitted): 16 Tolu Latu, 17 Sekope Kepu, 18 Taniela Tupou, 19 Rory Arnold, 20 Jack Dempsey, 21 Pete Samu, 22 Nick Phipps, 23 Samu Kerevi, 24 Tom Banks

Not sure I would have given it but I can't see how it's a surprise, they've given yellows for a face rub in he bottom of a ruck, they're definitely going to give one for an open handed blow to the face

Not sure I would have given it but I can't see how it's a surprise, they've given yellows for a face rub in he bottom of a ruck, they're definitely going to give one for an open handed blow to the face

Even the NZ commentators disagreed with the card. Penalty at most, would have been a talking to 5 years ago.

It's ruined the final 15mins of a good game, although the Wallabies haven't helped themselves.

As I say, don't necessarily agree with it but it's been that way for a couple of season, I would say a smack to the face has always been a penalty though

Caught some of the second half. Yeah agree not a yellow card for me.

Last edited:
Not a yellow for me but it didn't decide the outcome of game. This is what you get with PC wankology now ruling the game.

Thought i was watching SR. Empty stadium. No atmosphere. The best nation + one of the biggest rivalry in world and they still can't fill a stadium in the country picked to host the RWC.

Thought i was watching SR. Empty stadium. No atmosphere. The best nation + one of the biggest rivalry in world and they still can't fill a stadium in the country picked to host the RWC.

46,000+, a record crowd for a rugby test in Japan and all for a dead rubber friendly involving two foreign sides that an international rugby fan like myself had zero interest in.

I'm a sour-puss at the best of times but I think that you are being a little harsh.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ive-coverage/17b2bd987ccf432a842fbdb8c745ec79

46,000+, a record crowd for a rugby test in Japan and all for a dead rubber friendly involving two foreign sides that an international rugby fan like myself had zero interest in.

I'm a sour-puss at the best of times but I think that you are being a little harsh.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ive-coverage/17b2bd987ccf432a842fbdb8c745ec79
the stadium holds close to 80K. So it is half empty. And there was zero atmosphere in that stadium. Funeral parlour. Predictable result. Yawn.

Last edited:
I guess someone has to be the dissenting voice but the yellow card was petty much the refs only call given the rules.

It may be a bad law but it is the law and players know it so really the only bad call in that result was made by the Australian.

Wait until Japan vs All Blacks next weekend. If there are empty seats there, heads will roll.

I guess someone has to be the dissenting voice but the yellow card was petty much the refs only call given the rules.

It may be a bad law but it is the law and players know it so really the only bad call in that result was made by the Australian.
I agree with that,
Not a fan of Poite but if you're gonna palm someone in the face, in this era, you're gonna be off the pitch.

this is now going around, im not sure its actually Latu but taylor get a smack to the face as they stand up from the scrum which is obviously what kicked it off

Latest posts