• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

4 World Series 7's leg and playing in the olympics and Armitage is french...

Considering Boudjellal's recent outbursts about internationals, is he going to allow Armitage to leave for the 4 weekends + associated training camps etc.?
Are clubs obliged to release players for 7s? Do they count as international windows?
He's not going to be happy regardless.

I do like the "no turning back" clause, even though it's not really going to be particularly relevant (most switchees will be towards the end of their career, switching from ABs/Wallabies to a PI nation, so not like they're going back to NZ anytime soon).

Toulon/World 7s Series clashes:

Australia - Toulouse (A)
Dubai - Leicester Tigers (A)
South Africa - **No clash, but 2 days before Ulster (H)**
New Zealand - Brive (H)
USA - **No clash, 5 days before Bordeaux (A)**
Hong Kong - Toulouse (H)
Japan - **No clash, 5 days before Grenoble (A)**
Scotland - Castres (H)
England - Clermont (A)

Last edited:
Thinking about it - is anyone going to make the switch?
If they're not obliged to, due to an IRB ruling, I can't imagine clubs being happy to be without their players for 4+ weeks, especially as there are clashes with Euro fixtures

Will be interesting to see how much truth there is in the whole "just wait till the lawyers get involved" comments - I'm not a lawyer so I have no ****ing clue.

I thought the IRB came out with some ruling that clubs had to release players for 7s duty, the same as they have to for International Test Windows?
Either way can't see Toulon or any of the other French clubs being too happy with the idea of losing players for that long just so they can become French qualified. On the flip side, I do remember when Ian Evans' Toulon deal went ***s up, their excuse was something about driving for less "foreigners in their squad", if that was true then they might endorse turning him in a French qualified player.

Latest posts