• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

4E Wide Rugby boots... Really Wide

C

chromegelatin

I'm brand new to rugby and looking for some boots. Wide boots. I definitely have odd shaped feet. The widest part is at my toes. So even wide boots are often crimp the ends. I wear an 8.5 4E (EEEE) Street shoe. I think the average foot is considered a 'D' width.

Does anybody have experience trying to fit rugby boots in the 'E' Range widths? I bought a pair of CCC Rampages as everyone said they were quite wide. In fact they are, but the boot is still way too tight. A big part of that is length though. They seem a little short. I've read that rugby boots are tight fitting so you can change directions and accelerate with more control. There is no way I could play more than about 10 minutes in them though. Especially now that i'm on the mend from a broken big toe on my right foot.

The pair of CCC Rampages I bough are a US size 9 and they are are almost an inch shorter than the New Balance (American) Football cleats, also in size 9, I bought as a last ditch standby. Ironically the NB football cleats are a bit too big.. I am going to play forward (6'2 220 lbs i told you my feet were odd :) ). I've been thinking about odering the CCC Rampages in 10s US. Also I'm considering the Adidas Flanker IV WF (wides). Does anyone know how wide the Adidas Flanker wides run? Wider than the CCC's or about the same? I've also heard Mizuno's run wide as well. I'm from the states and it's probably about 5 or 6 hours to any place that might have rugby boots so I can only order them off the internet.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas!

Latest posts