• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5 Questions on Wales' try

I don't think he was offside, as far as I'm aware they can't go past the feet of the number 8. If Faletau was being legal, he would be onside.

I don't think he was offside, as far as I'm aware they can't go past the feet of the number 8. If Faletau was being legal, he would be onside.

I thought it was past the ball (so conventionally the 8, but not here)?

Any reason you guys are this obsessed with it?

You won! :p you can enjoy it without scrutinising our only bright spot.
There's multiple offences by both sides there if you ask me anyway...

Sssh, less sense plz.

In fairness, it is a fascinating question. I've never seen anything like it and you can see why people wonder whether it was legal. It's an academic question, as I don't think I'll ever see anything like it again, but I'd be interested to hear a good answer.

I'm happy the try got given whatever. It was an incredible piece of skill.

Gives us a chance to moan and question the ref without it looking like excuses :D

I'm sure it was illegal, not only has he grabbed the ball from pretty much under Hartley's feet, he's done it while down on his knee. Regardless of the complications around scrummaging, unbinding and when the ball is out, playing the ball on the ground is one of the game's most fundamental crimes.

You can say it's pointless arguing about it because we won anyway, but it is annoying to concede a try like that without anyone even bothering to check (the touch judge was right there) yet later on lose a try because of a very harsh interpretation of obstruction which happened three phases before the score. Also ...

Gives us a chance to moan and question the ref without it looking like excuses :D

Yeah, what he said

I think it is important to analyse, it shows we were stronger than the score line suggests and if we're analysing the sides of this tournament it is good to get a clear picture of the match.

Latest posts