• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5 Questions on Wales' try

Boring Ian

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
1. Was Faletau's pick up from the scrum legal?
2. Should England already have picked up a pen by that point based in scrummaging? (If so why?)
3. Was Marler's angle legal?
4. Did Haskell detach early?
5. Given your answers to the above above, try or no try?

Bonus question: Should Robshaw have requested a TMO referral? For a scrum!?! :eek:

One thing to say, forgetting the legalities, I think we would all agree that was some excellent skill from the Welsh 8. Opportunity taken and well played.

1. No. Faletau isn't even on his feet when he picks it up (he drops to one knee to reach into the scrum). If players were allowed to grab the ball from the middle of a scrum marching backwards then we can kiss goodbye to the scrum as a contest and play league. The ref not giving this a second glance is quite shocking when you remember how ruthless he was in not awarding Attwood's try because England possibly infringed in the previous decade.
2. No, it was the only scrum in the match that had a genuine up front contest - and given the way it was reffed it was easy to see why neither side were keen to have that again
3. Possibly. Hard to tell. England often have their entire scrum keep facing straight on but with lateral movement to the right as well to unseat the opposition. It's not angling in but it's dodgy.
4. Arguably, but not before Faletau does.
5. No try.

I think I agree with most of that Goodey. I think England would have picked up a penalty had Faletau not picked up. Without that they were retreating and about to implode.

Here's a question.

Does it matter anymore?

Answer; No

It comes to something when you use a guys own self deprecation on him! Ouch!

In response to Dwayne Johnson - it matters as much as any other application of the rules (e.g. Q: Did he just put the ball up his jersey, shout 99 and buy off Steve Walsh with a pack of special brew?! A: IT DOESN'T MATTER) Like Bukowski says, if you don't like it delete your account and burn down your local pub while you are at it. (Is it too boring to say that that should not be taken as an incitement to arson?!)

First time I've been compared to The Rock.

I like this guy

One things for sure, England weren't that good, Wales contrived to make them look good.
Should have started with Liam Williams on the wing for Cuthbert, and Tipuric at 7, Warbs at 6 with Lydiate on the bench, he seems to be a one trick pony just lately.
Scott Williams at centre with the Fox, Roberts on the bench, the only good thing about Friday night was Priestland never got on. Ainscombe should be on the bench he can cover 3 positions.

One things for sure, England weren't that good, Wales contrived to make them look good.
Should have started with Liam Williams on the wing for Cuthbert, and Tipuric at 7, Warbs at 6 with Lydiate on the bench, he seems to be a one trick pony just lately.
Scott Williams at centre with the Fox, Roberts on the bench, the only good thing about Friday night was Priestland never got on. Ainscombe should be on the bench he can cover 3 positions.

Wrong thread for discussing the Welsh team line-ups or ignorant baiting.

All I needed to observe was your join date - Feb 15 - to know what you're about.
**** off and revel in your misery.

Hmm ...

Play nicely or shut up please. Any form of language like that is not acceptable on this board. Consider this a warning. We are trying to move away from using language or the asterisks on the forum thank you.

Last edited:
Hmm ...

Play nicely or shut up please. Any form of language like that is not acceptable on this board. Consider this a warning.

You really are miserable. Personally, not sure what you get out of moderating these boards. You rarely post about rugby anymore. You come in with snide comments whenever you disagree with someone, and use your leverage as moderator to try and give weight to it. On this occasion, fair enough,I swore - my bad. You however will continue to be a miserable moderator.

You are, additionally, the most defensive man in history - and a former news of the world reader at that. Oh dear.

Negativity and Hulkamania - 2 things that don't go together.

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

Negativity and Hulkamania - 2 things that don't go together.

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

Aye sadly that's what this place has turned into in the last 6 months or so.

Anyhow, back on topic please gents.

Last edited:
Or baiting the ignorant

I would be happy to discuss team selections for both Wales and England if you wanted. But would have to be in the appropriate thread.

But I would suggest you show a little respect to the original poster of this thread and answer the question put.

You really are miserable. Personally, not sure what you get out of moderating these boards. You rarely post about rugby anymore. You come in with snide comments whenever you disagree with someone, and use your leverage as moderator to try and give weight to it. On this occasion, fair enough,I swore - my bad. You however will continue to be a miserable moderator.

You are, additionally, the most defensive man in history - and a former news of the world reader at that. Oh dear.

To be fair the rules are pretty clear on swearing - no swearing, no adding one or two or five asterisks if it's still clearly swearing (I'll hold my hands up here and say I'm terrible at this when I'm...emotional, after a loss or something :lol: )

Let's draw a line under this and move on.

How about that Taulupe offload then, ay....?

Can't say fairer than that - I must admit I tend to hide behind the asterisks. Onwards and upwards!

P.S as the above evidences, there are two ways to moderate. One is more effective than the other - I'll leave it at that I guess.

P.P.S Hulkster gets in there early with the neg rep. classy.

Last edited:

Latest posts