• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

6N TV coverage so far...

It's strange, Jonathan Davies seems to get this degree of respect from the bbc (so much so that they whore him out on every rugby programme possible - regardless of the code) and there's this idea that if you're welsh you HAVE TO like him. Well i don't. He's a whining twat and yes he may be quite knowledgable but are the bbc so blind (and deaf) that they can't see how annoying he is.
And his bumchum of a friend Guscott just sits there stuffed into his suit jacket fapping away.

I could actually go into how many pundits and commentators i dislike, but i won't. I will however mention the one great thing i discovered over the world cup:

Will Greenwood's commentating.

What the hell was going on during the France-Ireland game? The director thought he was in some La Nouvelle Vague film, with half-fades to close up shots of faces and scoreboards and the like... madness...

Artistic bunch, them French directors.
[/b]

I think Jiffy's a top bloke, the man in the street in the stands (so to speak).

Brian Moore is ok at times.

Guscott - Has a man ever loved himself more? How smug can one man be?

Inverdale - Oh. My. God. So poor it's not worth discussing

Has anyone else been watching the matches via the websites, RTÉ, BBC or France2, not sure where in Italy?

Anyway was dissappointed with the quality on Sunday for france2.fr, much more pixelated than rte.ie the previous, can't comment on the other 2 for obvious reasons.

Well today we have a BBC director more interested in the reaction of the coaches to what is going on rather than giving us a replay of an Italian line break, well done.

Guscott - Has a man ever loved himself more? How smug can one man be?

Inverdale - Oh. My. God. So poor it's not worth discussing
[/b]

I couldn't agree more... slimeballs the pair of them. I love it when Guscott talks about defence... like he ever made a tackle :rolleyes:

Yeah, at least Will Carling takes it on his (two) chins and admits that he was a toally lazy git :lol:

Speaking of Carling, I like the guy, he pundits well for the Telegraph (along with mesrs Evans and Brooke).

Yeah, at least Will Carling takes it on his (two) chins and admits that he was a toally lazy git :lol:

Speaking of Carling, I like the guy, he pundits well for the Telegraph (along with mesrs Evans and Brooke).
[/b]

Aye... doesn't take himself too seriously but knows what he's talking about.

Will and Zinny love to bicker and its so funny to watch.

Zinny does love to bang his finger against the table by the way.

What was with the BBC coverage? Three Englishmen discussing the France v England game before the Wales v Italy game, then calling the other games 'just a warm up' to the England game, saying half time 'Wales are on top but that table could look very different at full time' (erm no Wales still on top, England still fourth), then saying the England v Ireland game was now the championship decider. I had to check I was still on BBC Wales.

England bias has never been anything new on the BBC but to call the England Ireland game a championship decider is plain daft.

Coverage is as good as Balshaw (no surprises anywhere).

That's quite shocking if they actually said that too Macsen.

England bias has never been anything new on the BBC but to call the England Ireland game a championship decider is plain daft. [/b]

Daddy, make the men on tv stop...why are they still talking..? :(

The BBC 'studio' team are nauseating... I don't even watch the build up to the games anymore ever since Guscott was nearly crying when Perry got dropped for Robinson when he switched codes. Just looked at an old England mag today and Guscott had Balshaw at 15 in his alltime England team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's Will Greenwood when you need him??

Even if it is just to wind up Will Carling!

The BBC 'studio' team are nauseating... I don't even watch the build up to the games anymore ever since Guscott was nearly crying when Perry got dropped for Robinson when he switched codes. Just looked at an old England mag today and Guscott had Balshaw at 15 in his alltime England team :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b]

That's grounds alone for dismissal, that and the fact that he's an arrogant ******** but there's cause with his Balshaw selection!!!

Back to topic - there was a great bird's-eye view today of England pounding the French line in the left corner late in the second half. The pack was doing pick-and-go, and you could follow their choice of points of attack and the French counter to each one. Excellent.

Back to topic - there was a great bird's-eye view today of England pounding the French line in the left corner late in the second half. The pack was doing pick-and-go, and you could follow their choice of points of attack and the French counter to each one. Excellent.
[/b]

Yes I thought that was the only good use of the overhead camera, at any other point it's pretty horrendous.

Latest posts