• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Definitely agree with that, he's the only "project" player that has been more than a stopgap or backup for Ireland.
And alot forget this (and I feel privileged to have been there his first day in Limerick) he nearly left Munster as he had to fight for everything even his spot in Munster. It wasn't a pure plain easy ride.

That would be some way to bow out beating the World Champions in his own country.
Nice thought but I can't see the tour taking place in SA.

Fair play to CJ Stander for a very good career in Ireland. A very good player and by all accounts a top bloke.

Nice thought but I can't see the tour taking place in SA.

Fair play to CJ Stander for a very good career in Ireland. A very good player and by all accounts a top bloke.
Agreed on the tour but that an argument for another day

Great player. Probably been the best Irish player since Farrell took over. Losing him is a blow.

Deserves a lot of credit for the hard work he put in with Munster. Things happened slowly there but he earned his spot.

Great player. Probably been the best Irish player since Farrell took over. Losing him is a blow.

Deserves a lot of credit for the hard work he put in with Munster. Things happened slowly there but he earned his spot.
100% here. Nothing was handed but no sulking just got on with it and worked like a dog.

The more I think of it the way he is going out is typical of the man. No fuss, no nothing just respectable. Noone can say he ever just came here for money and noone can ever say he never cared.
Learned the Irish language ahead of his first cap, bought in to the community here in Limerick. I thought he'd live here in his post rugby life but think that was more my heart hoping than my head being realistic.

I see the fine chaps on Leinsterfans are suggesting a saffer backrow signing for us. Can't say I'd heard it myself. Any hints?

I see the fine chaps on Leinsterfans are suggesting a saffer backrow signing for us. Can't say I'd heard it myself. Any hints?
I've heard nought on this. Can't see why if we're stuck we wouldn't just bundle a fringe Leinster guy into a van outside his girlfriends house at nighttime? I actually wouldn't mind another big 8 style of guy going forward, because our academy guys will play a lot regardless I would say.

Are we expecting other signings muff? Cheeky cork full backs?

while a saffer beast might be handy in the shorter term i think it's time we developed our own. There's a fine crop of lads coming together at the minute. Hurley was a revelation on Friday and he's not yet in the academy. Kendellan also.

Are we expecting other signings muff? Cheeky cork full backs?

while a saffer beast might be handy in the shorter term i think it's time we developed our own. There's a fine crop of lads coming together at the minute. Hurley was a revelation on Friday and he's not yet in the academy. Kendellan also.
I don't think we will see Zebo back with lads re-signing. We are absolutely set for back three players right now. We do have good back rows coming through, but I hope we take another into the academy though. Can't say I know of who's coming through though.

I was very disappointed with this yesterday but if beirne and Wycherley stay at 6 and Ahern is promoted next year I'll live with it. Realistically I think he's already good enough to leap frog kleyn.
I'm sure Jenkings is a fine player and the hoohah is more based at johann.
I think we're crying out for front row change. I'd rather we kept jamesie. I can't see much from loughman or boomer but perhaps they'll surprise us.

So looks like Marshall and Cronin are also moving on which makes using an NIQ spot on a lock over a front rower even stranger/stupider.
Jason Jenkins isn't official yet and nothing signed as of yet.

James Cronin there is a complication. More an issue that needs to addressed.

Rhys it looks like will be off but will be sad to see it as he is a superb hooker and many rate him as our best.

Latest posts