• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

FWIW I'm hearing Rowntree could be head coach sooner rather than later and players are the ones who are eager for this. Could make a superb head coach if a DoR is with him and will be fun as he is 1 of the maddest coaches I've seen pass through this training field

Can guarantee Wessels is is not coming. Can't see Dutchy either.
DDA and RG looking likely to go to at end of season although it very unlikely these are linked to Johann departure.
Rumour has it Bath have made him 1 of highest paid men in Premiership on long term contract. JP likely to go with him.

Would have expected rg and DdA to go. Unfortunately with covid times and injuries we have t seen either. Probably don't seen a lock signing with all the talent coming through. Would Jenkins be expected to stay? A top class centre should be a priority I'd imagine. Hopefully we'll get clarity on a coaching setup soon as player contracts and replacements will be needed.

Would be sad to see jp go. Defense has been impressive

Big ask for whoever gets the big gig to get the support staff he requires. I'm not fond of the idea of irfu foisting people who don't match up

Would have expected rg and DdA to go. Unfortunately with covid times and injuries we have t seen either. Probably don't seen a lock signing with all the talent coming through. Would Jenkins be expected to stay? A top class centre should be a priority I'd imagine. Hopefully we'll get clarity on a coaching setup soon as player contracts and replacements will be needed.

Would be sad to see jp go. Defense has been impressive

Big ask for whoever gets the big gig to get the support staff he requires. I'm not fond of the idea of irfu foisting people who don't match up
RG will be right call. No guarantees on his recovery being smooth. But DDA I'd keep. Reliable and durable. Jenkins is going too.

All I'll saybis from what I know all things are further along that reported

Good to see that Rowntree is staying put, he's the only one of the main coaching ticket I really wanted to keep. He is a perfect fit for this club. I'm not opposed to Ferreira staying either as you'd have to say we're at least tough to beat. I would imagine he will leave too though.

After Saturday, I would honestly like to see Van Graan given whatever money he's contractually owed and sent packing at this stage, it's very clear that we're stagnating and we need fresh blood sooner than later, even if its Costello taking over in a caretaker capacity, Rowntree in a caretaker capacity or whatever. We really don't owe the man anything. Other takeaways from that game:
  • Archer and Scannell both need dropping ASAP. Neither got off the bus. Archer in particular gave away so many stupid penalties for a guy who has been in the game this long.
  • O'Donoghue, while a very good player is not a great captain. Tried to get in the refs ear constantly early on and then nothing later in the game. Was clearly just ******* the ref off too. A young guy like Kendellen even clearly knew when to pick his battles, acting ****ly early on, but then being the one to pull lads away from the scraps when the ref started to get sick of it.
  • We clearly have no ability in the squad to adapt our style of play. Was clearly decided before the game that the conditions were bad so we would boot the everloving **** out of the ball. Also the period under the Connacht sticks where we tried to bash our way over was an embarrassment and we just kept trying it. A scrum or maul would have been the way better option.
Whoever comes in to the top job(s), I hope they come in with 0 loyalties and just do what needs to be done with the squad. The players are there for the most part outside of I would say notably 3 and 13, but they're not necassarily the ones getting minutes right now.

Murray kindella linking us with frawley and Sheehan
Both BS I can say. And neither need moves.

Should add alot who have left Leinster haven't had the desired success but Sheehan is battling Kelleher and is getting time in meaningful games. So is progressing and Frawley actually is disturbing the status quo of Henshaw and Ringrose and is a realist option in big games while also having versatility. Is a realistic bet on extended 6Nations squad spot

Last edited:
Both BS I can say. And neither need moves.

Should add alot who have left Leinster haven't had the desired success but Sheehan is battling Kelleher and is getting time in meaningful games. So is progressing and Frawley actually is disturbing the status quo of Henshaw and Ringrose and is a realist option in big games while also having versatility. Is a realistic bet on extended 6Nations squad spot

Are we recruiting in these positions

Latest posts