• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Read in to this what you like but hearing now we are just registering the 2 or 3 academy lads who aren't already registered but will have a 23 ready to rock and roll Sunday.

If we can keep Wasps within 14 we will be happy

Read in to this what you like but hearing now we are just registering the 2 or 3 academy lads who aren't already registered but will have a 23 ready to rock and roll Sunday.

If we can keep Wasps within 14 we will be happy
I think it will be closer than you think... we aren't running hot right now and are conceding points left right and centre.

I think it will be closer than you think... we aren't running hot right now and are conceding points left right and centre.
And we will have our finest pub team.

Will be hard travelling over with alot of raw heads. Only consolation is we know the Ricoh.

I don't want to clog the Heineken Cup thread, so I will post the type of team I would expect here

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Declan Moore - Complete unknown quantity. I know he's played some AIL this year, but a very random signing.
3. Roman Salanoa - Trust him to do a decent job here even coming off an injury. Will need all the help he can get at scrum type and I hope he has stayed fit.
4. Eoin O'Connor - Should do a fine job. Probably would have a senior cap or two if not for injury.
5. Beirne
6. O'Mahony
7. Scott Buckley - A hooker by trade, but he has played 7 for our A team a few times and has been good by all accounts. Chance we go with another lad
8. Daniel Okeke - I think physically he will be ok at this level compared to other lads. He's extremely strong and athletic, but extremely raw.
9. Murray
10. Carberry
11. Earls
12. De Allende
13. Farrell - Coming in off an injury is a big ask. Strikes me as the type of guy who needs a run of games to hit his stride as well, but needs must.
14. Conway
15. Campbell - Probably the most exciting academy guy we are likely to play. Playing to a really high standard in the AIL and has been the star of the A Games he's played for us.

Bench should feature the likes of: Buckley, Donnelly, French, Forde, AN SR/BR, Coughlan, Butler, Wren,

I don't want to clog the Heineken Cup thread, so I will post the type of team I would expect here

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Declan Moore - Complete unknown quantity. I know he's played some AIL this year, but a very random signing.
3. Roman Salanoa - Trust him to do a decent job here even coming off an injury. Will need all the help he can get at scrum type and I hope he has stayed fit.
4. Eoin O'Connor - Should do a fine job. Probably would have a senior cap or two if not for injury.
5. Beirne
6. O'Mahony
7. Scott Buckley - A hooker by trade, but he has played 7 for our A team a few times and has been good by all accounts. Chance we go with another lad
8. Daniel Okeke - I think physically he will be ok at this level compared to other lads. He's extremely strong and athletic, but extremely raw.
9. Murray
10. Carberry
11. Earls
12. De Allende
13. Farrell - Coming in off an injury is a big ask. Strikes me as the type of guy who needs a run of games to hit his stride as well, but needs must.
14. Conway
15. Campbell - Probably the most exciting academy guy we are likely to play. Playing to a really high standard in the AIL and has been the star of the A Games he's played for us.

Bench should feature the likes of: Buckley, Donnelly, French, Forde, AN SR/BR, Coughlan, Butler, Wren,

I mean.......

It aint' that bad haha

Still a lot of talent....

We may have few little nuggets in there or from bench. I'm hearing a wait-and-see approach. 3 seperate team flights too. And lets just say captains run Saturday may not have full 23

God you'd cruise into the week after a performance like yesterday

Fair play to all. Some extremely promising performances especially in areas where we need depth. Okeke and Buckley really look to the manor born. Hopefully we see lots more of them during the year

Hope it cheered up quarantine muff I assume you have finished Netflix and well everything else on the internet

God you'd cruise into the week after a performance like yesterday

Fair play to all. Some extremely promising performances especially in areas where we need depth. Okeke and Buckley really look to the manor born. Hopefully we see lots more of them during the year

Hope it cheered up quarantine muff I assume you have finished Netflix and well everything else on the internet
Oh I am bouncing now. Back working albeit remotely with some guys. But agreed yesterday was tonic to the soull.
Okeke needs to get handling right at times. Minor things.
Eoin O'Connor and Buckley really excited me.

I think this year will be a big breakout one for Hodnett. I think Buckley will need to add a bit of bulk maybe, but we're hardly top notch at hooker right now so he may be fast tracked. Okeke showed he is physically where he needs to be, but like I said maybe a bit raw on the skills side. The other boys I could see playing in small cameos, but they will need managing and care despite how unbelievably well they played yesterday! Think our main challenge will be how we balance the squad and get these guys involved with the international window no longer clashing with the league!

I'd hope Hodnett and Campbell get good shots now. A number of other guys looked good but have other young lads ahead of them who were in the SA touring squad.

Munster confirm that head coach Van Graan will leave at end of season https://the42.ie/5629542

Leaving Munster for Bath seems a weird decision if we wasn't let go.

Reckon they'll catapult Costello or look elsewhere?

Look I like Van Graan, seems like a genuinely good guy who always said the right things, understands the province well and is probably well liked in the squad. With that said I think we have come as far as we ever will under him and I think he knows that. In him Bath will get a guy who will probably right the ship, get the players paying to an effective if limited gameplan and they'll go pretty well in the Premiership. Van Gran can leave saying that he has leaves Munster in a pretty good place with a squad that has more depth than when he arrived and a good culture and atmosphere around the team. Of the coaches we have, Rowntree is absolutely the one I have always felt we need to keep though.

In terms of candidates I think Prendergast is a decent option when looking at obvious choices, he's obviously from here, has won trophies with Racing and all while playing a pretty attractive, but also brutally efficient style of rugby at times. Doesn't hurt that their backline are world class on paper with a huge budget to swing around though. I hope we view the market too and don't just go for the easiest option.

Are you getting the top job now muff ?
No thats below me but this isn't news to inside. Rowntree expected to stay and I believe (without having names) but will learn more when back next week that the process for replacement is well at an advanced stage.

Latest posts