• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Depends on the MP I grew up in Yeovil and Ashdown and Laws were exceptionally hard working for their constituents whom we saw regularly and even went door to door asking people how they were. This was despite one being a party leader and the other eventually having government jobs.

I've lived in Tewkesbury for 8 year now I've never seen or heard from Roeberstson once apart from leaflets around election time.

Depends on the MP I grew up in Yeovil and Ashdown and Laws were exceptionally hard working for their constituents whom we saw regularly and even went door to door asking people how they were. This was despite one being a party leader and the other eventually having government jobs.

I've lived in Tewkesbury for 8 year now I've never seen or heard from Roeberstson once apart from leaflets around election time.
******* hell, you grew up in Yeovil? I know it well. We probably have mutual friends though you're probably a bit younger than me.

******* hell, you grew up in Yeovil? I know it well.
I pity you or anyone who has to spend time there for extended periods of time. My family escaped, I still have friends there and the in laws live there so have to return from time to time.

I pity you or anyone who has to spend time there for extended periods of time. My family escaped, I still have friends there and the in laws live there so have to return from time to time.
Ha ha. True that. Just posted a reply that was a gentle tease about this. To be honest, there's a lot worse places and the surrounding area is nice like Ham Hill.

Wales is a nice place, I've never said any different.
Yeah, like anywhere it depends what you're looking for in a place. I think we're all very lucky that this little island of ours has many stunning places of natural beauty. But like anywhere in the world some not so nice places too.

My MP spends more time in Brighton (where he's from) and London (where he's brown nosing Bojo) than here
I've legitimately never seen him in person - I know he crops up for the odd photo opportunity to open something or other, but he's very much the "It's a safe blue seat, we'll stick this useless prick in there" appointment

Be fair - he turns up to one of the pubs, once, around christmas, for a photo-op.
Oh, and every year claims personal responsibility for the town council waiving car-park fees for 3 Saturdays in the run up to christmas (though he does that remotely, of course)

"exempts the government from having to give notice if it is not "reasonably practicable" to do so, or in the interests of national security, diplomatic relations or otherwise in the public interest"

Seems fair enough tbh
I mean that language is open to all sorts of abuse... Who defines what counts as being national security or the public interest?

Yeah I assume there'll be checks and balances built in realistically
An optimistic assumption seeing as the government has only weakened existing checks and balances in all places and completely destroyed any sense of accountability... Under Johnson this has only sped up. Hell this draft itself is weakening the checks and balances, so you believe checks and balances will be in place in a piece of legislation that weakens checks and balances?

There is also the fact that this government would use it to avoid having to accept responsibility for British criminals, especially if they had dual-nationality.

48 hours earlier

13214606.jpg

Hasn't she got a long history of abusing people on social media?
Can't remember if it was her or another Tory MP but everytime they speak out about it her replies are just filled with screenshots of her going off on one

Hasn't she got a long history of abusing people on social media?
Can't remember if it was her or another Tory MP but everytime they speak out about it her replies are just filled with screenshots of her going off on one
Yup that was just the latest mild salvo against Kunnesberg, whom is a person I gave up supporting/defending when she described the January 6th Capitol riot as a fracas....as it was happening.

Latest posts