• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Given Cummings has a track record with keeping screenshots of text messages, Boris must be scrolling through WhatsApp like a madman at the mo
He lost all his WhatsApp messages because he changed phones remember? That's why he couldn't give the evidence about the Downing Street refurb!

Of course anyone who know how WhatsApp works and has changed phones knows that was ******* lie.

He lost all his WhatsApp messages because he changed phones remember? That's why he couldn't give the evidence about the Downing Street refurb!

Of course anyone who know how WhatsApp works and has changed phones knows that was ******* lie.
In fairness.... If you are a little on the dimmer side, accidentally wiping your WhatsApp in that process is entirely possible

In fairness.... If you are a little on the dimmer side, accidentally wiping your WhatsApp in that process is entirely possible
How? Its backed up to "the cloud" regularly and when you log in on the new phone it defaults to bringing that backup back....

Like you have to be actively not reading anything on the screen and click random buttons to not get your messages back.

I thought he changed number (because his number was briefly made publicly available) as opposed to changing phones. A quick search on Whatsapp's website shows clear and simple instructions how you can change mobile number and keep the same Whatsapp account/message history etc. Boris must have an PA/Admin person who would have done that for him.

I do wonder if Cummings has an ace up his sleeve and will eventually produce some evidence after Boris has told enough lies in Parliament and to the journos.

How? Its backed up to "the cloud" regularly and when you log in on the new phone it defaults to bringing that backup back....

Like you have to be actively not reading anything on the screen and click random buttons to not get your messages back.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he would have been doing tbh

It wasn't a changed phone, it was a changed number because it turned out his had been floating round the Internet for years - you can keep the same messages if you want to but takes an extra step and do a whole backup process - https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/account-and-profile/how-to-change-your-phone-number/?lang=en.

Anyway, if there are messages, Cummings still has them

One of the things a lawyer friend taught when I was running events as a volunteer was to keep emails and screenshots of any time someone bad mouthed me, the organisation or behaved poorly in a web space. That way if I ever needed to ban someone I still had the evidence. Cummins definitely went to that school of thought.

Luckily I never needed to but there was a major bust up a few months after I left where that process was really useful.

If it happens that could probably trigger the scramble to the jets.

Aren't a lot of the 2019ers rabid brexiteers?
Surprised they'd go against BoJo tbh,

Or maybe they think their seats are at risk and need to put on a front?

Aren't a lot of the 2019ers rabid brexiteers?
Surprised they'd go against BoJo tbh,

Or maybe they think their seats are at risk and need to put on a front?
Most are wall seats and the votes that carried them into parliament aren't dyed in the wall Tories, this goes someway to explain.

Basically in the view of electorate Brexit is done (its not) and is no longer as key an issue as it was (it should be) so instead they are looking at COVID and these guys are watching their guy crash and burn in terms of popularity because of it. Essentially with 9-12 point lead Labour has they'd win back a huge amount of those seats. Those guys really are at risk and any political analysis knows Johnson is terminal now and sticking with him can only put them in a worse position.

Can you imagine if this was going on in Russia and Putin's former Chief of Staff was dishing the dirt? He'd be accidentally falling off a balcony or eating a burger mysteriously laced with Novichok. Praise be for freedom of speech.
No, I can't imagine it. Because Putin (with all his sins) has at least some intellectual level to understand that having a "party-with-friends" during pandemic can be dangerous for his own health

Sounds like it's game time now
Do the Parlimentary Party rescue him?

Serious question if the letters are in does he survive the vote of no confidence? He can't be touched for a year afterwards by the party if he does.

I remember when it happened with May and this seams way more terminal than she was. But they might just have a moment of madness. Although reality tells me its only the cabinet that will come to rescue cants see many of them surviving the purge.

You have to love it goes into isolation which isn't in the rules anymore and when he pops back he immediately torpedoes all the work they did to save his ass in the intervening days in the first interview.

Latest posts