• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Farage and Truss at a far right CPAC event in the USA, an event in which a far right American openly called for the overthrow of democracy and the formation of a theocratic state... Truss blaming everyone except herself for her failure, with the usual targets being trans people and claiming that "the left" had been in control the whole time...

Said it before and I'll say it again, these people are completely detached from reality. They have utterly lost the plot and appear to be quite content with the idea of embracing violence to get their way now.

Written to my MP about Truss and generally the path the Tory party have been taken. I fully expect to get palmed off and basically told I know nothing, that the PM is doing everything blah blah but you never know. It is disgraceful that a sitting MP with the whip could share a podium with someone calling for the end of democracy and reel off a load of lunatic conspiracies.

Labour MP, defected, got in trouble for anti-semitism now essentially kicked out of the Tory part for anti-Islamic comments. Frequently caught spreading crap about Brexit and "cultural Marxism" and any other stupid buzzwords that permeated his brain. Yet another just all around arsehole that is part of the GB news far right lot. Amazing how they are universally such crap individuals.

Written to my MP about Truss and generally the path the Tory party have been taken. I fully expect to get palmed off and basically told I know nothing, that the PM is doing everything blah blah but you never know. It is disgraceful that a sitting MP with the whip could share a podium with someone calling for the end of democracy and reel off a load of lunatic conspiracies.
As much as Maggie divided opinion, I could never see her putting up with MPs in her party doing this

wtf, 10 min wait is amazing what they going on about? Call any bank and you can wait anywhere between 1-2 hours before you even speak to the relevant person.

The fact this is still called a "war" is ridiculous, this is a massacre.
I might be being pedantic here but you do get massacres in war.

Also, as stated in this article, a Palestinian source told the BBC very few died as a result of Israeli machine gun fire as most were killed by being run over by the trucks.

As always with these things, though, more details will come out in the coming days so should wait and see what's what then I guess. ****** up though for sure.

I might be being pedantic here but you do get massacres in war.

Also, as stated in this article, a Palestinian source told the BBC very few died as a result of Israeli machine gun fire as most were killed by being run over by the trucks.

As always with these things, though, more details will come out in the coming days so should wait and see what's what then I guess. ****** up though for sure.
A war implies there is some degree of fighting between the 2 sides. This is Israel just walking wherever they want and killing people. It's less about this specific incident and more about what's happening in general. People were desperate for the aid in the trucks because Israel has basically put the entire country under siege. Israel says they will launch an attack somewhere and then a day or 2 later, they are there. Where is the actual fighting and war? It's a completely 1 sides affair in which civilians are either being targeted directly or starved of supplies to die more slowly.

A war implies there is some degree of fighting between the 2 sides. This is Israel just walking wherever they want and killing people. It's less about this specific incident and more about what's happening in general. People were desperate for the aid in the trucks because Israel has basically put the entire country under siege. Israel says they will launch an attack somewhere and then a day or 2 later, they are there. Where is the actual fighting and war? It's a completely 1 sides affair in which civilians are either being targeted directly or starved of supplies to die more slowly.
I'd disagree with your last sentence but, yeah it's a pretty one sided war, nothing exactly new. But more than that it's a one sided war against a terrorist organisation taking place in an extremely small area with a high civilian population. A war against terrorists who, doing what terrorists do, have little regard for their civilian population as supported by their use of human shields, killing their own population and having their soldiers dress in civilian clothing. A recipe for disaster but a war nonetheless.

The best argument for it not being a war would be to quote the greatest show of all time, The Wire, when taking about the war on drugs saying this isn't a war, wars end. This war has been going on for a long time now and it's hard to see an end to it.

Latest posts