• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Fined $1.6 million... That is pennies. They would have made more than that in the fraud!
More the finding of criminal liability attached to Trump (albeit one of his main companies) than the size of the fine and no doubt affect ability to borrow and future contracts.

trump org is gonna have get loans from the yakuza now. Not like anyone was doing business with him anyway.

It's staggering just how close Walker came to winning... Imagine looking at someone like that and thinking they were a suitable candidate for any sort of position of responsibility. 49.2% did. Democrats are portraying it as good but it really isn't, it just shows how extreme and far gone many Republicans are that they will support such people. Massive hypocrites.

It's staggering just how close Walker came to winning... Imagine looking at someone like that and thinking they were a suitable candidate for any sort of position of responsibility. 49.2% did. Democrats are portraying it as good but it really isn't, it just shows how extreme and far gone many Republicans are that they will support such people. Massive hypocrites.
Its shocking but also good sign Georgia has long been a right wing state its shift to battleground being won by democrats is a sign of a changing America in certain areas.

Strikes spreading like wildfire. Civil servants now striking including border force on 23/24/25/26 December and at the end of December. Nightmare for those planning to fly to the UK just before Christmas.

I'm sure some pay demands are more justified than others but there is clear coordination between the various unions with the aim of causing mass disruption to the public around Christmas. If current inflation of 11% is transitory and returns to normal by the end of next year surely a more appropriate solution is to offer a temporary pay rise or income supplement until inflation comes down? I don't see why the taxpayer should fund 11% pay rises when inflation might be down to 3 or 4% this time next year. Agreeing to inflationary pay rises will just keep inflation high.

Strikes spreading like wildfire. Civil servants now striking including border force on 23/24/25/26 December and at the end of December. Nightmare for those planning to fly to the UK just before Christmas.

I'm sure some pay demands are more justified than others but there is clear coordination between the various unions with the aim of causing mass disruption to the public around Christmas. If current inflation of 11% is transitory and returns to normal by the end of next year surely a more appropriate solution is to offer a temporary pay rise or income supplement until inflation comes down? I don't see why the taxpayer should fund 11% pay rises when inflation might be 3 or 4% this time next year. Agreeing to inflationary pay rises will just keep inflation high.
Inflation would need to at -11.4% to flatten the curve to negate the increase. 0% or higher and the current 11% increase on goods remains. So an inflation of 3% next year means good have gone up 14.7% from December of last year. So if you want you could optimistically promise 6% per year for three years and promising pain now but eventual catch up but would require betting on two years of 3% inflation and still leave them 0.5% out of pocket from their 2021 wages in 2024.

Workers are going to get ****** over inflation which is why they are striking they won't get what need but they have to really push to get a smidgen of it.

Inflation would need to at -11.4% to flatten the curve to negate the increase. 0% or higher and the current 11% increase on goods remains. So an inflation of 3% next year means good have gone up 14.7% from December of last year. So if you want you could optimistically promise 6% per year for three years and promising pain now but eventual catch up but would require betting on two years of 3% inflation and still leave them 0.5% out of pocket from their 2021 wages in 2024.

Workers are going to get ****** over inflation which is why they are striking they won't get what need but they have to really push to get a smidgen of it.

I'm no economist and don't know what timeframes are used to measure inflation but I assumed that any deflation of say -11.4% would be calculated using the recent peak of inflation (11.4%) as the starting point as opposed to the same starting point used when +11.4% was arrived at. I assumed that falling inflation meant that prices were actually falling from their peak (and heading back to 'normal' levels) as opposed to them still increasing but by less. I read that brent crude oil (one of the main inflation drivers) has fallen in the last three months and is almost the same price as it was a year ago. Like I said, I'm no economist and was just curious to understand how inflation/deflation is measured and over what timeframe.

Last edited:

Governments response to strikes is to attack strikers and do sweet f.a to deal with the actual problem. You don't deal with the cause of the strike, people quit, then what? Going to ******* force people to work in these areas? This isn't like mining or the auto industry that you can simply run into the ground, these are vital services that need to be done. As usual they take no responsibility for anything even after over a decade in power.

Maybe the £3bn that the UK economy will lose as a result of having another bank holiday in May for the King's coronation a few days after one of the existing bank holidays could have been put towards public sector pay rises.

I'm no economist and don't know what timeframes are used to measure inflation but I assumed that any deflation of say -11.4% would be calculated from the point of peak of inflation i.e. 11.4% as opposed to the same starting point used when +11.4% was calculated. I assumed that falling inflation meant that prices were actually falling as opposed to them still increasing but by less. I read that brent crude oil (one of the main inflation drivers) has fallen in the last three months and is almost the same price as it was a year ago. Like I said, I'm no economist and was just curious to understand how inflation/deflation is measured.
Inflation takes the Consumer Price Index (CPI) from 12 months ago and then now and works out the difference.

Say something cost 100 quid last year it now cost £111.40 to cost £100 next year inflation would to -10.2% if its at 3% it actually costs more than it does now so would be £114.74.

However month on month it can mean prices are going down compared to the previous month.

So if looking at pay rises it helps too look at current inflation figures or possibly taking an average over the 12 on the month on month to calculate median in case prices do go down. Still the median is 8.2% but that betteing on some shift downwards over the next few months but possibly fairer.

I'm sure some pay demands are more justified than others but there is clear coordination between the various unions with the aim of causing mass disruption to the public around Christmas. If current inflation of 11% is transitory and returns to normal by the end of next year surely a more appropriate solution is to offer a temporary pay rise or income supplement until inflation comes down? I don't see why the taxpayer should fund 11% pay rises when inflation might be down to 3 or 4% this time next year. Agreeing to inflationary pay rises will just keep inflation high.

Fff

My bloody phone is having fits.

I think part of the public sector issue is in real terms since about 2009 they have had continued pay cuts. It has been pay freezes or pay increases of 1% - 2%. The majority of public sector workers are not on great money as it is. Bin men, litter pickers. care takers etc. All are key workers when Borris wanted people out clapping. Yet not worth a decent salary. My local authority has to now find 11 million in savings because of Truss, cost of living etc. Redundancy for people is real because it's cheaper to sack them and offer minimal service. Rather than a decent service and a decent wage.

The claps of Borris will keep them warm at night.

I guess it was inevitable. Well done Farage and Braverman.

"I'm going to be persecuted and killed if I go back there. Here's the evidence"
"Sorry we reckon your country is safe so no matter what evidence back you go."

This government is the same no matter. Take a sledgehammer to a problem and ignore all nuance and detail to the debate. Rather than fund organisations properly and improve the system it's stick a blanket ban on countries that completely ignores individual circumstances. They are pathetic at running the country and tbh it's understandable because in my view many conservative (and no doubt many in other parties) go into politics for what they see as a cushier job where they can **** up and get away with it and if they were put in charge of a private company they would most likely tank it in a few months.

Latest posts