• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

After 12 years of Conservative government in the UK we don't have food banks anymore, but food pantries

After 12 years of Conservative government in the UK we don't have food banks anymore, but food pantries
Also, rather than pride that she's opening food banks, shouldn't she be ashamed that they're necessary - as a direct result of her governments' policies.

I've said it before, and I'll sat it again: Rich countries shouldn't have poor people!

Anne Sacoolas, the killer of British teenager Harry Dunn, has been handed an eight-month suspended sentence by a judge, who also disqualified the US citizen for driving for 12 months.

I used to work in a Crown Court and this sentence is rubbish.

Charges of death by careless driving.

Obviously as she hasn't returned to the UK meant it even more unlikely of a custodial sentence.

I used to work in a Crown Court and this sentence is rubbish.

Charges of death by careless driving.

Obviously as she hasn't returned to the UK meant it even more unlikely of a custodial sentence.

US Govt's stance was that her returning to the UK would 'jeopardize US interests'. So much for respecting a supposed ally's judicial system. Diplomatic immunity my arse. What a joke.

Basically the judge knows she will never actually go to prison in Britain.

Driving on the wrong side of the road and killing an innocent and then escaping on a U.S. aircraft because of who she was married to. What an absolute joke of a sentence determined by politics. Feel bad for Harry's family.

Basically the judge knows she will never actually go to prison in Britain.
And never set foot in this country again. It's just token justice.

The official line about jeopardizing US interests is extremely insensitive given this family's loss. Surely could have come up with something better than that.

This thread suggests a custodial sentence was never really on the cards. Of she had stayed here and pleaded guilty.

Should note got this link via secret barrister so it probably a fairnsumming of the legal side.

This thread suggests a custodial sentence was never really on the cards. Of she had stayed here and pleaded guilty.

Should note got this link via secret barrister so it probably a fairnsumming of the legal side.
Yeh just reading that Harry's family real beef is with US government. They never expected a custodial sentence for Sacoolas. They could only take it so far, which they have done. Still, it leaves a general bitter taste that real justice was not served.

As usual the special relationship is only one way. Successive UK governments are so feeble and pathetic desperately clinging to the coattails of the USA to feel like we are still a big player.

The USA had shown numerous times they will abandon Britain at the drop off a hat if it benefits them. The only nation the USA seems to display any sort of loyalty towards is Israel.

Progress on the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill has been shelved until the new year in a bid to allow time for a deal with the EU.

According to a senior government source, the Bill will not return to the House of Lords this year, with the prospect instead raised of a Valentine's Day agreement between the UK and Brussels over the controversial post-Brexit trading agreement.

According to reports, figures in London and those in the European trading bloc say a deal can be done by February to stop any rows disrupting preparations for April's commemorations of the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement

I wonder if Loyalists / Unionists in Northern Ireland will now realise that the British Government doesn't not believe Northern Ireland is an integral part of the United Kingdom

Latest posts