• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

BBC News - Jacob Rees-Mogg to host GB News show

As if any more evidence was needed that GB "news" is trying to position themselves as the Fox news of the UK.
"Hot topics of the day - 1823 edition"

BBC News - Jacob Rees-Mogg to host GB News show

As if any more evidence was needed that GB "news" is trying to position themselves as the Fox news of the UK.
All the more reason not to watch GB news.

I bet there are wealthy UK politicians who have done the same. It's an utter farce. Meanwhile the rest of us who work and pay tax here have to pay stamp duty and comply with anti money laundering regulations. I had to provide copies of tax returns to show how I earned money to pay for a deposit.

Yeah mr sunak, really bringing back integrity and trust aren't you? Only reappoint someone who was removed from office for breaking ethics rules and someone who has probably had the most civil service complaints against them for bullying of anyone in recent government history... These people aren't just incompetent, they are malicious, they are thoroughbred arseholes and are leeching off this country, enriching themselves and their buddies at the expense of everyone else.

Also now clamping down on freedom of speech with anti-protest laws that are so vague they would allow the police to arrest you for nearly anything. They could also very easily be extended to make strikes illegal in all but name. Already noisily protesting in Parliament square is banned. Just WTF do the Tories stand for that anyone supports? Honestly? Can anyone here who is on the right actually tell me just what the **** they can point to about the Tories that is good? Anything?!

I bet there are wealthy UK politicians who have done the same. It's an utter farce. Meanwhile the rest of us who work and pay tax here have to pay stamp duty and comply with anti money laundering regulations. I had to provide copies of tax returns to show how I earned money to pay for a deposit.
These offshore companies still have to pay SDLT when they buy UK properties and also UK corporation tax on any rental income. Also subject to an additional Annual tax if the value of the property is above £500k, unless they rent it out.

But yes, when the individuals extract the profits they will likely be tax free in the jurisdictions the companies are resident and they'd Have to declare that in the country they are themselves resident and pay taxes there.

Strictly the lawyers and accountants have to take ML checks on their clients before taking them on. I recall attending one ML talk that said accountants were one of the worse for not making enough SARs.

It's more the hiding of their identity which is why a lot of very wealthy investors use it and also to pass on the property to their children in a tax efficient way. Apparently this new register is also only available to HMRC.

I mean I enjoy Tories shooting themselves in the foot but their complete inability to deal with these things swiftly just further their incompetence. Over a week of bad headlines and they ended up having to do it anyway.

Assuming this is true, it just shows how unhinged Putin is. I don't believe for one moment it was a proper threat but the fact he so casually throws around threats of extreme violence shows what a dangerous and unhinged dictator he is.

Assuming this is true, it just shows how unhinged Putin is. I don't believe for one moment it was a proper threat but the fact he so casually throws around threats of extreme violence shows what a dangerous and unhinged dictator he is.
Yeh I actually do believe that he threw it in casually to threaten Bojo. It's normalised for him. He also used Merkel's fear of dogs against her. He's a sociopath.

Merkel famously told Obama that Putin "lives in a different world" to everyone else which makes sense. He's basically been living in a sort of lockdown for most of his time as President and is not used to anyone challenging his point of view. He must make these casual threats to people in his own Government on a daily basis.

It's difficult to judge because both interpretations are equally plausible. Is Putin so petty and insecure that he would threaten to blow up an individual state leader with missiles?
Yes.

Is Boris Johnson the type of person who would make the whole story up on the spot because he thought it sounded good?
Also yes.

Can I imagine Boris Johnson ******* me off enough to want to lob a cruise missile at him?
Again, yes.

Last edited:

Oh look more strikes...

Reality is that public sector's workers pay has been cut in real terms over the last 10 years as well as continual cuts that have seen services stretched and staff having to do more with less. This has all happened under the Tories and they only have themselves to blame. They say there is no money to pay for it all and it will make inflation worse. That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that the economy has been left in tatters under their watch.

I feel sorry for the soldiers who will potentially have leave and duties cancelled to cover. Plus the fact your average squaddie is on considerably less money. All very similar to the early 2000's strikes again.

I feel sorry for the soldiers who will potentially have leave and duties cancelled to cover. Plus the fact your average squaddie is on considerably less money. All very similar to the early 2000's strikes again.
TBF bombing around on a green goddess is much more fun than sitting in some godforsaken hole on a shitty Welsh mountain side.

My biggest worry is that during a time of real external treat from an aggressive foreign power we are using our armed forces to sort out a domestic mess. These troops should be on training exercises in the Baltic or Poland making the Russians think twice.

TBF bombing around on a green goddess is much more fun than sitting in some godforsaken hole on a shitty Welsh mountain side.

My biggest worry is that during a time of real external treat from an aggressive foreign power we are using our armed forces to sort out a domestic mess. These troops should be on training exercises in the Baltic or Poland making the Russians think twice.
I thought they got rid of the green goddesses now as they were so laughably out of date there was no point keeping them?

What are the laws on police and military strikes...?

o4w27um0hgda1.jpg

Latest posts