• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

41DB4E4F00000578-4649352-image-m-79_1498703498684.jpg

Johnson's defence seams to be he was advised that no rules were broken......yeah thats going to work under the softests of cross examination let alone what he'll get tommorow.

Johnson's defence seams to be he was advised that no rules were broken......yeah thats going to work under the softests of cross examination let alone what he'll get tommorow.
Isn't it that he was advised they probably weren't broken. I don't even think the aides who advised him were sure.

It's utterly bonkers that the man in charge who read out the rules to all of us from an autocue needed guidance on how to interpret those very rules. Sounds like his legal team have trawled through all his WhatsApp messages in desperation searching for anything that even remotely implies that he was given an assurance by an aide. Pathetic.

It'll be a sad day for democracy and our justice system if he isn't booted out of Parliament and banned from politics.

Isn't it that he was advised they probably weren't broken. I don't even think the aides who advised him were sure.
The committee have already asked why he needed advising when it was self evident that the person who was enforcing the rules and briefing the general public on it should be aware he'd broken them so agrgiously.

I get advice all the time at work its my job as a leader the scrutinise it and call it out as ********.

And admits he misled Parliament but not intentionally or recklessly. That's because lying 🤥 comes so naturally to him. Intent has nothing to do with it. He's admitted he misled parliament.

And tries to say that Cummings is not a credible witness. Lol. What a way to try and discredit one of the few witnesses who were there. Talk about Pot calling the kettle black.

And admits he misled Parliament but not intentionally or recklessly. That's because lying 🤥 comes so naturally to him. Intent has nothing to do with it. He's admitted he misled parliament.

And tries to say that Cummings is not a credible witness. Lol. What a way to try and discredit one of the few witnesses who were there. Talk about Pot calling the kettle black.
Inadvertently happens all the time and it's generally accepted it does as long as the record is corrected. His entire defence is whilst he misled parliament he didn't know he was doing at the time (reckless or intentional). Of course its utter ******** he intentionally did it.

Inadvertently happens all the time and it's generally accepted it does as long as the record is corrected. His entire defence is whilst he misled parliament he didn't know he was doing at the time (reckless or intentional). Of course its utter ******** he intentionally did it.
Not to that scale and not rules which which were meant to slow down a killer virus which has claimed the lives of 200K + people. He's Rotten to the core in my book.

But yeh just can't stand the hypocrisy myself and the thought of him getting away with it.
I hope his lying finally catches up with him.

A party ready to feed off the red meat of the culture wars and an apparent non-Brexit Conservative Party

.... Don't mention to them that they actually all voted for the UK/EU Brexit deal whilst MEPs

A party ready to feed off the red meat of the culture wars and an apparent non-Brexit Conservative Party

.... Don't mention to them that they actually all voted for the UK/EU Brexit deal whilst MEPs

You can just tell that the slogan "Let's make Britain Great" = Let's make Little Britain more selfish, racist and unpopular.

God Johnson is a vile little snake. You just know he's not going to face maximum sanction and, even if he does, he can just swan back in if re-elected by the ******* morons in this country who somehow still think he should be anywhere near any sort of power or influence. Ministerial "code of conduct" is such a feeble and pathetic system. Proper, strict laws are needed, not relying on the integrity of politicians to self police.

The Govt are lucky that Partygate will deflect attention away from this today. Inflation back up by 0.3%. So much for the Govt gripping it and the target of 2.9% by the end of the year. Get ready for more interest rate increases which will increase mortgage costs and push us closer to recession.

The Govt are lucky that Partygate will deflect attention away from this today. Inflation back up by 0.3%. So much for the Govt gripping it and the target of 2.9% by the end of the year. Get ready for more interest rate increases which will increase mortgage costs and push us closer to recession.

Yay, I originally got a 5 year fixed rate to try to ride this out including Brexit looks like I'm going to be shafted.

Yay, I originally got a 5 year fixed rate to try to ride this out including Brexit looks like I'm going to be shafted.

Your 5 year rate expires soon? A family member of mine was torn yesterday as she didn't know whether to fix for two or five years. I suggested two years on the basis that inflation should be under control within two years from now and mortgage rates will have fallen by then. Very hard to predict though as there could be some new geo political event or another financial crisis.

Today seems to be one of those days in news where everything is happening - Partygate, PMQs, inflation data, Brexit Windsor framework vote. Good day to bury bad news with Partygate getting top billing.

Your 5 year rate expires soon? A family member of mine was torn yesterday as she didn't know whether to fix for two or five years. I suggested two years on the basis that inflation should be under control within two years from now and mortgage rates will have fallen by then. Very hard to predict though as there could be some new geo political event or another financial crisis.

Today seems to be one of those days in news where everything is happening - Partygate, PMQs, inflation data, Brexit Windsor framework vote. Good day to bury bad news with Partygate getting top billing.
I'm 4 years and 1 month into it. Problem is 9 month secondment to Canada starts in September and I'll be paid out there which massively complicates everything in my life.

Can the Tory party just split in 2 and be done with it? Playing musical chairs with this schizophrenic party that swings wildly from one position to another is not helping the country at all.

Can the Tory party just split in 2 and be done with it? Playing musical chairs with this schizophrenic party that swings wildly from one position to another is not helping the country at all.

It's pathetic. There's no doubt in my mind that Johnson and the ERG were pushing the DUP to reject the deal. Just a basket case of a party.

I see Truss has now also came out and is saying she is rejecting the deal. A pathetic attempt by Boris and his cronies to deflect attention away from Partygate and stick the knife into Sunak. They're not fit to govern - need an election now to get rid of this lot.

Latest posts