• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I went to an all boys' secondary school, and the amount of crap we put our teachers through, I knew I could never make the grade as a teacher unless I could control a class.

But yes, agree perhaps we should have an anti-social society thread, because this politics thread seems to be a catch all. I am finding People are getting increasingly angry in our society and lacking consideration for others, which is reflected in the way people speak to others, on the roads, in schools etc and reflected in our political system.

I'd never be a teacher.
I think there should be a method to punish parents for their child's bad behaviour if it can't be shown they've taken on board any criticism and made no effort to discipline them. There are a small number with mental health issues but the vast majority are just poorly disciplined.

Please can this be the start of ending the outrageous situation where private companies have a monopoly. Make it state owned.
I think the issue here is Major's Government sold off the utilties to make their Balance sheet look better and in turn got rid of the liabilities that went with them. It'll take a whole lot of capital expenditure to rebuy back and bring them back public ownership.

But I agree privatisation has been a disaster.

It's almost as if monoolies being in private hands results in complacency and poor service.
Whodathoughtit

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has been charged with historical sexual offences and has resigned as Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) leader.

A 57-year-old woman has also been charged with aiding and abetting in connection with the alleged offences.

Screenshot_20240329-132051.jpg

Always has been.
Rampant islamophobia and antisemitism kinda show the need for protection (though I agree, religion is a voluntary attribute, rather than intrinsic)

Always has been.
Rampant islamophobia and antisemitism kinda show the need for protection (though I agree, religion is a voluntary attribute, rather than intrinsic)
For me people conflate the religion with the group. People should be allowed to be critical, even ridicule, Judaism, for example, but not Jews.

As you say it's not an immutable characteristic and this law, again as you rightly point out has been around for a while, is a slippery slope of you ban people's ability to mock or criticise/offend someone's opinion (which is what religion is) then what kind of BS is that. Just my opinion of course.

Three United Nations observers and a translator have been wounded by shelling in Rmeish, southern Lebanon, the UN peacekeeping mission said.

Lebanon's state news agency reported that an Israeli drone strike was behind the explosion, but the Israeli military denied it was responsible.

Israel accused of deadly strike on Iranian consulate in Syria

Lebanon, Syria and Iran now all potentially being targeted... Wtf is Israel hoping to achieve from this? Targeting hospitals and diplomatic buildings too is just violating all sorts of rules of engagement too, even though they do claim every single hospital is being used for military activity.

I really can't work out what their gameplan is here other than it seems using the fact the world is distracted by things like Ukraine and the upcoming US elections to take swipes at everyone around them now.