• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also i dont give a **** about your POV and dont NEED to do anything
Wow.

Basically you registered yourself in a online public forum, post about politics, and disregard not only what other people say but also common sense, reason and rational though.
Kindly have your IQ tested asap. You must be a genius.

Unlike Tobacco the gun lobby hasn't been lying they just have a different (and wrong) political viewpoint.
Actually, i am not convinced. In both cases it is very, actually ridiculously, easy to demonstrate correlation (smoking <==> cancer & guns <==> XX type of death) but it impossible, literally, to demonstrate causality. They cling on to that to argue ad nauseam.

Wow.

Basically you registered yourself in a online public forum, post about politics, and disregard not only what other people say but also common sense, reason and rational though.
Kindly have your IQ tested asap. You must be a genius.

Actually, i am not convinced. In both cases it is very, actually ridiculously, easy to demonstrate correlation (smoking <==> cancer & guns <==> XX type of death) but it impossible, literally, to demonstrate causality. They cling on to that to argue ad nauseam.

I am a genius why would I need to test my IQ?

Please explain where I have disregarded common sense, reason or Rational thoughT? I dont post on here to change peoples point of view I simply post my thoughts, I couldn't care less if you are persuaded by them or not. Please your really not that special.

Paul Ryan is saying we need to improve our mental healthcare after this mass shooting even though he has spent his entire career trying to strip down mental healthcare.

It's a smokescreen. Everyone knows the real underlying issue here is hotel security!

That is in appalling taste and I feel sick at myself for laughing out loud at it!!

Sorry! It's not even a joke. That is the conservative news outlets position in the US. Outrageous that a man was able to take unchecked luggage to his room. Barking mad.

I swear the fact that the rest of the world has gotten it right and they think we are stupid is 86% the reason that Americans love their guns so much. They are proud to be wrong.

They not wrong they know the 2ND amendment isn't the blanket right to own a load of guns but it's what they use to keep their guns which they enjoy. No one truly believes the 2ND amendment gives them the right to own an AR-15

They not wrong they know the 2ND amendment isn't the blanket right to own a load of guns but it's what they use to keep their guns which they enjoy. No one truly believes the 2ND amendment gives them the right to own an AR-15
I'm not saying they are wrong about the second amendment. Wrong about how their obsession with guns.

I am a genius why would I need to test my IQ?
For the record books... or for comedic purposes, your pick.

Please your really not that special.
Ohh, absolutely. I am nowhere near as special as you are.

Btw, you should have started the first quote with "If" and in the second one, it is "you're", not "your". I got those wrong when i started learning English decades ago.
I take it English is your second lang too. Happy to help.

For the record books... or for comedic purposes, your pick.

Ohh, absolutely. I am nowhere near as special as you are.

Btw, you should have started the first quote with "If" and in the second one, it is "you're", not "your". I got those wrong when i started learning English decades ago.
I take it English is your second lang too. Happy to help.
Its you pick and whats lang? Just asking because you seem to have given up on the dedate.

Regarding guns in America, I went to do a quick search on the issue to look at a broad spectrum, and discovered that the desire to ban handguns has been falling consistently.... among other things

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081

It would seem that Cruz has his statistics right in that the number of families owning guns is falling, but it's only half the story because the number of guns per family is rocketing as those families who buy guns are buying a lot of them. They are also buying more of the military grade weapons and less of the hobby weapons for shooting ranges or hunting.

https://psmag.com/news/americans-are-gun-crazy

"Over the past 20 years, Americans have clearly shifted from supporting gun control measures to greater support of "protecting the right of Americans to own guns," according to surveys. This shift has happened even as major mass shootings, such as the attacks on Columbine High School and Sandy Hook Elementary School, have received more press attention."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

For my part I think it's too late to stop gun ownership in America, the 2nd amendment is firmly in place so gun ownership is a done deal, but, they could do a buy back like they did in Australia and ban military grade weapons to the public.
There is nothing wrong with relatively sane people who have a permit owning a handgun, a hunting rifle or a shotgun.
It's the military grade semi-autos, that can be 'bumped' to auto's for high speed firing that are the key issue for mass murders.

"There is nothing wrong with relatively sane people who have a permit owning a handgun, a hunting rifle or a shotgun."

Sorry but this is simply not true people who own perfectly legal weapon in places such as the UK with heavy restrictions on gun ownership have been known for sudden psychotic breaks that lead to people being killed. Part of the reason for changing the law was so gun ownership was not ubiquitous and not readily available.

By all account so far apart from the size of his aresenal this guy in America was considered relatively okay. If you just restricted him to hand guns and shotguns all you do is reduce the death toll. You don't restrict these events from actually happening.

I do agree it some regard the horse has bolted and then some in the US and they are long way off sensible gun control. But they won't event start the process of getting some form of grip of it out of sheer madness.

"There is nothing wrong with relatively sane people who have a permit owning a handgun, a hunting rifle or a shotgun."

Sorry but this is simply not true people who own perfectly legal weapon in places such as the UK with heavy restrictions on gun ownership have been known for sudden psychotic breaks that lead to people being killed. Part of the reason for changing the law was so gun ownership was not ubiquitous and not readily available.

By all account so far apart from the size of his aresenal this guy in America was considered relatively okay. If you just restricted him to hand guns and shotguns all you do is reduce the death toll. You don't restrict these events from actually happening.

I do agree it some regard the horse has bolted and then some in the US and they are long way off sensible gun control. But they won't event start the process of getting some form of grip of it out of sheer madness.
Sorry your wrong there. Too my knowledge since Hungerford the only time a licenced gun owner has gone rambo has been because the police force issuing the licence has failed to carry out the correct checks.

Sorry your wrong there. Too my knowledge since Hungerford the only time a licenced gun owner has gone rambo has been because the police force issuing the licence has failed to carry out the correct checks.
Derrick Bird held a proper and legal license even under the checks at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...un-laws-wake-Cumbria-killings-Raoul-Moat.html

Anyway that wasn't my point I'm happy with this being a few times a decade thing in this country the level of checks we have on the whole are good and allow for gun ownership (Don't see the point myself but hey ho I have hobbies others don't understand the point of). The point was the US don't even want to start the process of getting to even a standard level of control on firearms let alone the ridiculous things they let people own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts